How do I take screenshots and find them?

F1 will not display any confirmation.

On Windows, Screenshots go to the KSP installation folder\Screenshots.

For example on steam, this commonly is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Screenshots

Steam (if you're using it) screenshots will display a sound and a notification if you have it set to.  Steam screenshots default to F12, but that also turns on aerodynamics display, but it can be changed to your preferred keypress.

2 hours ago, klesh said:

Steam (if you're using it) screenshots will display a sound and a notification if you have it set to.  Steam screenshots default to F12, but that also turns on aerodynamics display, but it can be changed to your preferred keypress.

This can be a little confusing. You can get screenshots two different ways if you have your Steam app open. F1 does a KSP screenshot (which goes in the Screenshots folder), and F12 uploads a screenshot to steam.

But yes, the screenshot happens really fast -- and there is no half second pause or anything. If you really care about seeing feedback, you can open your Debug console, and it'll say at the bottom "SCREENSHOT!!".

1 hour ago, bewing said:

This can be a little confusing. You can get screenshots two different ways if you have your Steam app open. F1 does a KSP screenshot (which goes in the Screenshots folder), and F12 uploads a screenshot to steam.

Allow me to make it even more confusing!  The f12 version also saves a screenshot to your computer, but off in weird steam folder with a jibberiesh name.  Steam has a little utility that lets you select what screenshots you'd like to upload to steam with the option of a short caption and spoiler tags. The utility will pop up after youve closed a game, or can be manually brought up mid-game for your uploading needs.  

On 7/27/2016 at 4:04 PM, bewing said:

But yes, the screenshot happens really fast -- and there is no half second pause or anything. If you really care about seeing feedback, you can open your Debug console, and it'll say at the bottom "SCREENSHOT!!".

Okay, where's the debug console?

• 1 year later...

Hi all and sorry to bother you hard working honest folks. 

I seem to have an issue with the Logistics Module using TAC-LS.  Not sure if it's a mod conflict or what, but whatever config I choose, the module has Food 1.1, Water 0.7 and Oxygen 111.1. Waste, waste water and carbon dioxide. The other resources change according to the config, but these values are fixed, even if I choose something like the Food config or the Oxygen config. 

Additionally on the small info pop-up you get by right clicking an item, it shows the config I have selected correctly, but in the applet that pops when selecting 'reconfigure storage' it will only show the 'Configuration; field either the top 3 items Tac purifier, Tac  splitter or Tac Extractor .. or 'Storage'. The configuration title doesn't change  when one of the other configs is chosen.

Other resources will be added correctly, although the config title will show incorrectly,  For example, in the pic below The module is configured for ore, but is displaying on the right hand panel that it's Tac Water Splitter

zOYpVze.png

I do have a number of mods installed. I've forgotten how to submit a log. :(

OOps, wrong thread :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.