Show off your drawings! (and other artworks!)

NSEP

this is a painting i made a few year ago and i wanted to share since a while:

"Pastel Destiny" (1mx50cm or so)

(wich originally in fr give "passe t'elle ? destinée ?" ≈ "time pass ? destiny ?" and figured just before posting  that it could also give "past hell destiny" and a few others disamb')

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
srry for the low image quality and lighting, it's a bit "tabacoised" now as well ^^

16 hours ago, WinkAllKerb'' said:

"Pastel Destiny" (1mx50cm or so)

(wich originally in fr give "passe t'elle ? destinée ?" ≈ "time pass ? destiny ?" and figured just before posting  that it could also give "past hell destiny" and a few others disamb')

Interesting representation of the destiny, this human concept of an existence "straight line" appears here as messy as possible and constituted of numerous choices, all different. But joining each others and merging in a final way.

Now it's my interpretation of it, but I like the fact that the "final way" appears to be at a strict 90 degrees angle of the horizontal lines. Like if the merging was the final escape from the disorder ruling all around.

^^ [edited] ^^ "final way" location is a very subjective view;  i this agree ^^ 

here is an another it's the first one i made, it don't has a name but may be related to the glow silver paint and black and red component in some way.

same it's slighty(ahem) tabacosied since, but anyway it's been a while i wanted to share thoose two on the forum ^^

(this one is 50x50 x2) also both are made using spray and duct "craft" tape, around a week of work for each, a bit less for this one a bit more for the previous one
(both use some "microsoft paint" shape groundwork prepainting adjustment as model before reproduce on the flow)

also the ^^ previous one is right top of my computer partner screen ^^

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

Just made it some hours ago :

stjPndk.jpg

3 April 2014 : Soyuz STA ejects its boosters while keep on leveling out of Kourou with Sentinel-1A onboard during the VS07 flight.

I was so disappointed by the result that I regretted not having left it in black and white at first.

20 hours ago, XB-70A said:

I was so disappointed by the result that I regretted not having left it in black and white at first.

I feel you man... Though I see no error in your coloring! I guess its because I barley and don't know how to properly color, but still!

2 hours ago, Spacetraindriver said:

I feel you man... Though I see no error in your coloring! I guess its because I barley and don't know how to properly color, but still!

Thank you.

To me everything comes from the black around Soyuz, it's hard with the thin point to make a proper and harmonious coloring as each passage and layer added over another makes it darker and you enter into the trap to add more and more to balance them but the final results remains "dirty". Even without forcing and by going as smoothly as possible this will happen (sigh).

I should invest in greasy and larger point pencils.

27 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

IMG_1916

Oh, a good way to honor the ancestor of all the modern twin-wide bodies. Even more as it's the very first prototype you made here :)

Today I came back to aviation and tried to not went as a savage with the coloring pencil by honoring an aircraft ignored most of the time but pretty well advanced for its times : 

Hyg7I6g.jpg

1958 : The Lavochkin La-250A Anakonda prototype 04-Red is scrambling to the sky for its tries.

The 04 was the last of the prototypes made and was transferred to the Monino museum in 1967.

It lost the competition against the Tupolev Tu-28 Fiddler for a long-range all-weather heavy interceptor.

39 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

Oh, a good way to honor the ancestor of all the modern twin-wide bodies. Even more as it's the very first prototype you made here :)

Thanks!

A WIP:

IMG_7738

And the actual aircraft, the BAe 748:

IMG_7739

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

17 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

IMG_7738

I always liked the HS 748. Being a really small child one of them was still flying near the airport of my grandparents village and was passing over the house pretty often. Just like the Fokker F-27 of our national postal service which were starting before dawn, their RR Dart melody was exceptional. Such a powerful and musical whistling!

I was off the whole day and get some time to dedicate to my favorite childhood Hero, I want of course to talk about THE LAW!

hIqZ1bG.jpg

@Pine Nice to see you back since Thursday!

Edited by XB-70A

H3DAE7g.jpg

Trying to re-teach myself perspective, although it failed a bit on the left. Might go back and fix that. Or maybe just leave it to remind myself what not do. I don't know :P Happy with how contrast-y it came out though, I usually struggle with that :D 

Those last days were devoted to some coloring...

noisy_mystery_in_the_twilight_by_xb_70a-

A Dassault Super Mystère B.2 of the French Air Force is passing at full speed by the famous lighthouse of La Jument out of the island of Ushant in the 60's.

a_raven_in_the_dawn_by_xb_70a-db83957.jp

Totally fictitious, somewhere over the Yellow Sea : a Lockheed A-12 Oxcart modified in a M-21 is about to release its D-21 drone for a mach 3 reconnaissance flight over the People's Republic of China.

Peeps, i need you to choose, should i draw clothing styles and fasion of that Iconel empire, or warp drive advertisements? I need your help!

1 minute ago, DrLicor said:

@NSEP, both are really interessing and challenging. I would choose the advertising. But I think it's just really depending on your own style.

Yeah, i think the advertising is a good idea for now, i have more ideas for Warp Drive ads than clothing. Stay tuned!

By the way, im currently working on a more realistic artstyle.

I am bassicly going to do it by learning on what not to do, and looking at other pictures.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.