Get an alert for science if you have a scientist on board

@abowl had this amazing idea on his thread but due to a lack of explanation discussion on the topic stopped quickly.

Its really quite a simple idea in which you get notified if there is any science around if you have a scientist on board.

I think this would be really useful and actually give me a good reason to carry Bob around in a craft that is to small for a lab.

What do you guys think

Edited by BT Industries

I use this

when you have a scientist on board, your science experiments goo / materials are reset. So most of the time I fly with a pilot, scientist and an engineer (with kis/kas and spare parachutes) 

Clicking and moving the scientist on eva around all the experiments was fun for the first couple of hundred hours play, but on my 4th career game it's become kind of tedious.

On 7/28/2016 at 6:56 PM, genericeventhandler said:

I use this

when you have a scientist on board, your science experiments goo / materials are reset. So most of the time I fly with a pilot, scientist and an engineer (with kis/kas and spare parachutes) 

Clicking and moving the scientist on eva around all the experiments was fun for the first couple of hundred hours play, but on my 4th career game it's become kind of tedious.

Sounds cool, still wish you could get a notification from your scientist and maybe he could automatically do the experiment if he is a level 4 scientist or something along those lines

7 hours ago, BT Industries said:

Sounds cool, still wish you could get a notification from your scientist and maybe he could automatically do the experiment if he is a level 4 scientist or something along those lines

by the time you get scientists to level 4, most of the science will already have been done.  In all my career games I don't think one of them got more than level 3. 

7 minutes ago, genericeventhandler said:

by the time you get scientists to level 4, most of the science will already have been done.  In all my career games I don't think one of them got more than level 3. 

That is a very good point...

Maybe this would work

Level 1: science alerts

Level 2: automatic science collecting but for a low efficiency

Level 3: higher efficiency

Edited by BT Industries

On 7/30/2016 at 4:07 AM, Tex_NL said:

Not sure if it still works but what you're looking for is ScienceAlert

ScienceAlert is the right answer to this question.  The author was/is working on it, slowly, in spare time.  Enough people got salty in the mod thread that it had to be locked.  Let's hope it comes back someday.  It definitely does not work in 1.1 unfortunately.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.