Parts Not Staying Togethor On Launch Pad

I'm trying to make a HUGE Nuke on Xbox One and I'm attaching a bunch of rockets onto the base rocket in the middle, but everytime I try to go to the launch pad to try to take off all the parts start flying EVERYWHERE while staying attached, and they're basically no clipping through my ship and I can't take off because when I start the engine all of the parts That are flying everywhere start and my ship spontaneously combusts into a huge explosion. Please help!

I see you've met the Kraken :P.

In the VAB/SPH, under the Structural tab, there's a part called the EAS-4 Strut Connector, and it essentially works like duct tape. Adding more of them on your ship will make it more rigid.

On 2016-07-29 at 10:42 PM, DD_bwest said:

lol yup, sounds like you need more struts.   parts normally only have 1 attach point, something to do with parent parts.    the struts are a workaround that allows extra connections to solidify

And it's especially important if you have parts that have docking ports connected to your ship, or fairings with a top heavy payload. Without some struts to add structural integrity, even if you make it off the launch pad, you're probably not going to make orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.