KSP xbox one loss of save game and quicksave

play the game is impossible, this has happened to me as 5 times, the most recent was that it was by going to dune, I quicksave and went to the space center made a game save, after that I went to continue piloting the ship to dune, I maneuver to meet and make another quicksave, and returned to the space center to exit the menu, I made another save game and I went to the menu after I started playing KSP and opened the game, then I went to tracking station to locate my ship the locate and kept waiting for maneuver.

then could no longer control the maneuver, then I went to the space center and me out of the game and not worry me that had already save game and quicksave, start again the game and had not saved anything, the rocket, takeoff and everything then try to load the game and was not erased everything, and if the game will continue taking the players and not going to save anything, the game will be unplayable, I think I see bugs windows or linux it is selfish for that they are repairing them bugs with very low priority and little relevance, however consoles the game is unplayable and repair windows and linux is selfish console that are the real problems.

its upset play the game , because you know you'll will lose what you save if you are not lucky

if i have grammar errors is because i use translator , the english is not my primary language

Had the same issue all last night myself. Tried going to Mun 4 times, and every time I attempted to come back to Kerbin, somewhere in the middle the game would crash. My last left me with 300 lost science, and I had just quicksaved and full saved not 5 minutes before I hit recover. I really have no idea what we're supposed to do about this, but I hope somehow they fix it. Realistically it's the biggest thing making people lose motivation to keep playing (In fact some are already refunding their money back). As a first time player, I fell in love with this game, but I think from here on it's either sandbox mode or nothing until the issue gets resolved.

not to sound like a broken record but I've been to duna 7 times had to rebuild my rover/ rocket the same amount of times, my saves and quick saves never stick. I've honestly have yet to put this game down, I love it I've been waiting for something like this to come to the counsels for a long time, but im getting burned out repeating the same processes that I need to do to get back to where I left off, just 2 min ago I got my rover on duna ... Agian got Sci and hard saved it twice on the space center quick saved it twice and backed out to the main menu and quit the game on the dashboard on my Xbox reloaded it all up agian and it was still there loaded it back up played for 3 mins then it crashed, reloaded it and all my saves I did were gone. I really do hope squad and/or FT gets this fixed crashing I can understand but this corrupt save this it driving me and these other guys crazy!!! Lol but I really love LOVE THIS GAME just this problem is making me hate it... :(

Edited by JsfPyro

If you had read my posts, theres now a "workaround" for this bug.

If you have to many Saves/ShipCraft-saves/Sub-assebelies, they max out the xboxs memory.

Just make sure you dont have too many savesgames (savegames With alot happening in them take up more room). Delete some old Crafts & The larger Crafts take more Space...    

I havent had any problems since i started "cleaning" up a little.

Hope this help until its patched.

For some strange reason, Squad, wont make my Thread about this Problem a sticky. And they wont talk about it much themselves....     

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 5:36 AM, DaCana said:

If you had read my posts, theres now a "workaround" for this bug.

If you have to many Saves/ShipCraft-saves/Sub-assebelies, they max out the xboxs memory.

Just make sure you dont have too many savesgames (savegames With alot happening in them take up more room). Delete some old Crafts & The larger Crafts take more Space...    

I havent had any problems since i started "cleaning" up a little.

Hope this help until its patched.

For some strange reason, Squad, wont make my Thread about this Problem a sticky. And they wont talk about it much themselves....     

gotcha, I will clean it up a bit and I hope it works. Thanks DaCana

I had two ships in my craft files. Still corrupted.  I think it has something to do with quicksaves in flight and saves at the space center messing with each other.  After corrupt I delete all saves and force the persistent to save by hiring/firing a kerbal. It seems although I lose the mission I can keep my campaign. 

1 hour ago, sPeaRr said:

I had two ships in my craft files. Still corrupted.  I think it has something to do with quicksaves in flight and saves at the space center messing with each other.  After corrupt I delete all saves and force the persistent to save by hiring/firing a kerbal. It seems although I lose the mission I can keep my campaign. 

I Guess you are on ps4?

Until now, i have'nt seen anyone on Xbox getting corrupt files, Xbox just does what i'd Call a "rollback" on restarting the game.  As i said above, its like you max out an invisible memory limit, even tho you see you savegames before you restart, theyr gone when you have restarted the game.

--------------

Personaly i'm staying away, until its patched, cuz even With workarounds for these gamebraking bugs, theres just a limit too what is possible too do ingame.

My m8, started getting in the "loop" 2 days ago. Even tho he only has two Crafts in "load menu" And only 3 saves (Persistent/Quicksave & 1 Namedsave) he has now maxed out what the game is able too save, just becouse he had made a large station, orbiting Muun. And i think its made up of 3-4 parts + an attachable skycrane. He also had 1 Satelite orbiting the Muun. That was all that was needed too max out a "normal" game.

What i found as i also said before, from a Newly created game, all you need too do, is make 8 x Ships, With 300 parts each.

You dont even need to have them in flight. Just make 1 ship With 300 parts & rename it 7 times & you can no longer save. The game is then maxed out. With nothing even in flight :P 

Have fun ^*

I'm on xbox. What I define as a corrupt save is when the game rolls back then won't allow you to load beyond it.  For example, I fly a mission and the save glitches me back before I flew the mission, so I try it again, save and it rolls back.  Seems if you wipe your saves(can't delete persistent) and force the persistent to overwrite by changing your science score or hiring a kerbal it allows you to carry on.  I have a minmus colony with 3 large crafts and 2 rovers as well as an orbital station that's getting big.  There is definitely fps lag.  I should mention that when the game freezes I wipe ALL the saved data from the console and download it from the cloud, seems to stop the freeze from dooming your save.  

11 hours ago, sPeaRr said:

I'm on xbox. What I define as a corrupt save is when the game rolls back then won't allow you to load beyond it.  For example, I fly a mission and the save glitches me back before I flew the mission, so I try it again, save and it rolls back.  Seems if you wipe your saves(can't delete persistent) and force the persistent to overwrite by changing your science score or hiring a kerbal it allows you to carry on.  I have a minmus colony with 3 large crafts and 2 rovers as well as an orbital station that's getting big.  There is definitely fps lag.  I should mention that when the game freezes I wipe ALL the saved data from the console and download it from the cloud, seems to stop the freeze from dooming your save.  

Yupp, theres the problem, same as my m8s. Doing too much in Space atm just wont work.

And if you think about it, its nada about cloud, i'd bet you could inplug ur internett cable and try again. It wil fail the same way.

I saw Sal-Vager claming the same, but i dont buy it. Havent tried, but think you can play in offline mode.

My m8 tho, i had him delete all saves, exept Persistent And Quicksave. He has only 2 Crafts in load menu.

After doing this, he could atleast continue his trip in the muun, but he couldnt add even one more Craft before it all went bad again. SO its a very thight limit :(

"We are working on it".

I play the free game Warframe on PS4, here's an example of what it means "we are working on it."

HOTFIX 17/05 2:20PM

• Fixed Operator Face/Hair showing file path

HOTFIX 17/05 3:45PM

• Fixed Wyrm Prime still hiding in the Void. The Void is now dewyrmed. 

HOTFIX 17/05 6:30PM

• Imperator Vandal blueprint is now tradeable
  • Reduced Vauban Prime Chassis Oxium cost from 14000 to 7000
    • A script has been run to refund those who crafted at the original amount.

HOTFIX 18/05 2PM

• Landing Craft recipes are now tradeable
  • Fixed Snipetron Vandal parts being untradeable
  • Fixed Prime AkStiletto sound bug

No "insults", just the facts

Sorry for the awful English, the text is translated by Google

• 2 weeks later...

I also play on Xbox and am having a similar problem,l. I'm trying to set up a mining base on Mun so I need to send a satellite first. I have done this 5 times and each time I make sure to quick save as I go and when I'm done, go back to the space centre save the game there. If I then quit back to the main menu, and then re-enter the save, everything is where I left it and has been saved, but once I go to the dashboard and close the game/turn the Xbox off, the game goes back and my progress is lost. 

I have tryed "cleaning" up my game as suggested, leaving me with only 5 flights in progress and this being my only Save file, yet the game still does not save. I'm not having issues with crashes like other but it's still very annoyed and makes the game pointless to play.

Though I do not know how or why, but in showing a friend the game, I build a simple rocket which I launched and then landed, and that seemed to have saved. I do not know why but that saved and nothing else does. It may be because I never make a same myself and relied on auto save? But I don't know?

If anyone knows how to fix this it will be greatly appreciated. Or even if there is a way to copy a Save file to see if that would work? 

11 hours ago, Matt_ynpg said:

I also play on Xbox and am having a similar problem,l. I'm trying to set up a mining base on Mun so I need to send a satellite first. I have done this 5 times and each time I make sure to quick save as I go and when I'm done, go back to the space centre save the game there. If I then quit back to the main menu, and then re-enter the save, everything is where I left it and has been saved, but once I go to the dashboard and close the game/turn the Xbox off, the game goes back and my progress is lost. 

I have tryed "cleaning" up my game as suggested, leaving me with only 5 flights in progress and this being my only Save file, yet the game still does not save. I'm not having issues with crashes like other but it's still very annoyed and makes the game pointless to play.

Though I do not know how or why, but in showing a friend the game, I build a simple rocket which I launched and then landed, and that seemed to have saved. I do not know why but that saved and nothing else does. It may be because I never make a same myself and relied on auto save? But I don't know?

If anyone knows how to fix this it will be greatly appreciated. Or even if there is a way to copy a Save file to see if that would work? 

Yeah, It seems you've maxed the limit i was talking about, Seems like they are working on a patch tho, so Xboxers might get it before xmas atleast.

As long as the game have not crashed before you exit the game, try atleast to delete as much as possible at this point. Becouse, if you'd free up Space, then play for 3-4 hours (making more Crafts) it will again max out the game while doing this since you already have 5+ Ships in flight from the start.  So only workarounds now is those, And one reported as a last fix, try after a cleanup before exiting the game, too hire/fire a Kerbal & that would make the game Autosave the Persistent file for you. So you would not need the other save files. (each savefile With alot of "action" in each takes up alot of memory too, not just the Craft recipes)

Thanks, I went on this morning and started tryed to test what would have caused the game to save and now think I have found some ways of having more than 5 crafts at once. 

At least for me, any time I actively quick saved (ignoring auto save) the game would not save and would revert back to when I joined the game, ignoring auto saves between. I don't know why this is but this is what I found. Though, when I did not quick save and only relied on auto save, the game saved everything I did. This has allowed me to have 16 crafts in flight at the moment, though I do clear all debris as I go.

Still, it would be great if they could add a way to copy save files in the future, unless this is already possible?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.