Timing a Crew Report

I've taken on a mission to take a crew report while 19.6km above Babok. I can't manage to time the crew-report right. Which time matters? That of clicking "save report"? That of right-clicking the capsule? Is there a way to program the time when the report would be taken, like we program the parachute?

1 hour ago, Dorfl said:

I've taken on a mission to take a crew report while 19.6km above Babok. I can't manage to time the crew-report right. Which time matters? That of clicking "save report"? That of right-clicking the capsule? Is there a way to program the time when the report would be taken, like we program the parachute?

The time that matters is when you click the "Crew Report" button. So you have the capsule right-click menu open -- and when the game tells you that you are in the target area, and you are higher than 19.6 km altitude, then you click the Crew Report button quickly.

And no, in the stock game all scientific reports have to be taken manually.

3 hours ago, Dorfl said:

while 19.6km

Also... I've never heard of a contract that says you have to take a measurement of any kind exactly at a particular height.  Are you sure you're reading the contract correctly?

Generally, they either say you need to take the measurement above some height, or else below some height.  So exact timing doesn't matter.  Just wait until you're above (or below) the appropriate height, then take the measurement.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.