KerbalSeats (custom, mod)

Climberfx

I can't find a way to have my Kerbal seat (custom one, that i made) to have the Tag when it is in use, appear used.

It always appear like there is no one seated in there!

Is there any flag i must discriminate in unity after i export the .mu file? Like it have in stairs (Tag Ladder, and Part Triggers in layer 21).

Can any one help me?

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 6.43.21 PM

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 6.43.31 PM

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 6.50.17 PM

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 6.50.40 PM

Edited by Climberfx

Hi, i thought someone would have chimed in by now,  I've hit some of the same issues, and although unresolved  there's always a line or two in the log regarding Kerbal X has no IVA, The stock cmd seat has no  IVA view,. have you created an IVA  for the seat? You could get away with just the transforms for a seat and a portrait camera, no need for a model , the downside to this is that there is always going to be a black background to the kerbal, strange things happen if you have placeable seats and set the main parts layer to 16(kerbals) In my test it just turned the shell invisible to me but visible to the portrait camera

Cool, if the IVA camera/view is the only thing i need to have it counting 1/1 crew in the part when in use, i gonna do it.

My seat are separated from the crew module part. Each seat is a part. For me is no trouble to have a black back ground.

Gonna try it, thanks SpannerMonkey. :wink:

I think what SpannerMonkey was suggesting is just define an empty Transform for the seat and an empty Transform for the Camera. Export that as a mu for the internal. (Assuming PartTools lets you do that). and define that as a Internal.cfg then add it to the part.cfg as InternalSpace.
If the PartTools doesn't work with just the transforms you might need to look at adding a bubble mesh around it that is transparent (so you can see through it to the outside).

17 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

Yep, is what i understand, and what i gonna do! You can do only nulls objects, easy on Unity.

Yeah - just not sure PartTools will create a mu with no meshes, etc. Never tried it. :D

Edited by JPLRepo

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

Yeah - just not sure PartTools will create a mu with no meshes, etc. Never tried it. :D

it do, the ref nodes for docking ports use the same principle!

The nodes where the Kerbals seat in reference to the seat mesh itself is that way too.

:wink:

Edited by Climberfx

2 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

it do, the ref nodes for docking ports use the same principle!

The nodes where the Kerbals seat in reference to the seat mesh itself is that way too.

:wink:

Cool! and does KSP load your Internal Space and it all works?

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

Cool! and does KSP load your Internal Space and it all works?

Calm down, i did not try yet, still on my money/work here :wink:

Lets hope too, the most important is to solve the 0/1 to 1/1 crew when the seat is used.

But if i can solve two problems at once, is better.

(The second problem/solution was to have a IVA camera on each Kerbal seat too)

:P

Edited by Climberfx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.