Anvil Aerospace F7A Hornet Build

Hello everyone! Recently I've found myself trying to make spacecraft in KSP as futuristic looking as possible and have been using lots of different sources to give myself some ideas (Halo, Titanfall, Destiny etc.) I've been a huge fan of Star Citizen for a while and decided to see if anyone had built a realistic replica of the F7A Hornet into KSP. I found a few pictures of things that definitely resembled the spacecraft but none of them really quite got it. So I decided to go all out and try to build a (kinda') functioning replica of the F7A Hornet for myself and here are the results:

http://imgur.com/a/VNsyg

There is only one downside to this thing. Becuase I was focusing just on aesthetics, it is unable to fly with the amount of fuel it carries. As such, you will have to use the good ol' debug menu to turn on infinite fuel. Nonetheless, it is still fun to mess around with. 

Craft File:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5oqafc0te2q6k8/F7A Hornet.craft?dl=0

Required Mods List:

- Tweak Scale

- B9 Aerospace (including B9 Legacy and B9 HX)

- Bahamuto Dynamics Armory (BDArmory)

Edited by AWESOMEPIEMAN

3 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

Have a go making this fly without IF and maybe just stock parts? I think it would get more attention that way.

Don't get discouraged!

If I could, I would.  To make the Hornet look almost on par with the "real" thing and have it be the correct size too AND be able to fly, is just physically impossible. The hornet is a pretty small air/spacecraft from the year 2946, it's just not possible to make a craft in KSP that looks the same and has at least enough Delta-V to make it into orbit.

Trust me, I won't get discouraged. I have a lot of fun making other aircraft/spacecraft that CAN fly and still look super cool in the process. I may post some more in the future. Cheers!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.