[1.3.0] Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

Matchlight

4 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

IT CAN! E.T visual overhaul for rss uses 64k textures

maybe then... My Computer could never load it anyway! waiting on a gaming PC. A 750m is no fun.

4 hours ago, Matchlight said:

Brand new parts then I suppose! I'm currently saving for a 1070

Soooooo i made it, and first of all, it actually runs with such resolution just fine! And, yes clouds look much MUCH better than before, but the only problem that... kerbin is a "litlle bit" too cloudy now, simply, it's just covered by clouds, completely!

Edit: found possible solution : adjust length of the texture

Edited by Alteroz

7 hours ago, Alteroz said:

Soooooo i made it, and first of all, it actually runs with such resolution just fine! And, yes clouds look much MUCH better than before, but the only problem that... kerbin is a "litlle bit" too cloudy now, simply, it's just covered by clouds, completely!

Edit: found possible solution : adjust length of the texture

ah, how long does it have to be? compared to a height on 43600? Fantastic to here it's working!

12 hours ago, Matchlight said:

ah, how long does it have to be? compared to a height on 43600? Fantastic to here it's working!

It's a little bit bigger than I expected : 51024x51024. I need to transform it to : 51024x25512.

Woah! I just noticed that you're using Proot's surface textures :D As much as I love his textures, I wasn't able to include them in my download for Spectra because of his copyright. Can I ask how you got around that? I'd love to be able to circumnavigate having to download his mod separately.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

2 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Woah! I just noticed that you're using Proot's surface textures :D As much as I love his textures, I wasn't able to include them in my download for Spectra because of his copyright. Can I ask how you got around that? I'd love to be able to circumnavigate having to download his mod separately.

He probably didn't realize the license doesn't allow it. @Matchlight if you are including KSPRC's ground textures, I recommend you remove them from this mod and just make them an optional dependency so you aren't violating any licenses. Just provide detailed instructions on how to implement them in to the mod instead of including them.

2 hours ago, themaster401 said:

looks like packaging KSPRC textures as an extra is the new trend for AVP repackagings amirite

XD

EDIT: Well, his textures are super good... and I can't hate on people using them since I sort of am in Spectra... :blush: Just want to make sure that they're being used according to their copyrights. I've seen too much drama from people ignoring them in the past. I'm a very relaxed guy when it comes to my mods but I still freaked out for a second when @Matchlight said he included WindowShine, since he never asked me. I see that you accredited me for it in the bottom of your OP though (Thanks for that!). I'm glad to see that you found enough enjoyment from WindowShine to use it :) - Just make sure that you ask the mod owner if you can include their mod before you do so. Even if you don't intend for it, it feels like you're stealing their work if you include it without asking.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

He probably didn't realize the license doesn't allow it. @Matchlight if you are including KSPRC's ground textures, I recommend you remove them from this mod and just make them an optional dependency so you aren't violating any licenses. Just provide detailed instructions on how to implement them in to the mod instead of including them.

Yes but due to the fact his mod is outdated, without a lot of instructions the mod just wouldn't work!

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

XD

EDIT: Well, his textures are super good... and I can't hate on people using them since I sort of am in Spectra... :blush: Just want to make sure that they're being used according to their copyrights. I've seen too much drama from people ignoring them in the past. I'm a very relaxed guy when it comes to my mods but I still freaked out for a second when @Matchlight said he included WindowShine, since he never asked me. I see that you accredited me for it in the bottom of your OP though (Thanks for that!). I'm glad to see that you found enough enjoyment from WindowShine to use it :) - Just make sure that you ask the mod owner if you can include their mod before you do so. Even if you don't intend for it, it feels like you're stealing their work if you include it without asking.

Sorry about that, I'll remove it if you wish.

12 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Yes but due to the fact his mod is outdated, without a lot of instructions the mod just wouldn't work!

Doesn't matter how outdated his mod is, if his license doesn't allow for you to repackage his textures, you can't. 

Thats why if you want people to use his texture in conjunction with this mod, you must provide those instructions. Moderators are quick to remove links to mods that don't follow licensing rules. 

40 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Aye it does take some instruction, but it's necessary since you aren't legally allowed to include his textures as a part of your download. I can't stress it enough, but you are sitting on a live mine right now - if he pops in here and sees you using his textures against his intent, that's grounds for your mod to be immediately removed. It's happened before but nobody knows because said mod has been wiped from the forum and the user who made it's account is deactivated ask @themaster401 for more info if you need it... I didn't even know about that until it was brought up in PM a month or so ago.

Due to this, I had to include instructions to install them from his download in Spectra. If you want you can copy the documentation and steps from Spectra and use it here if you want?

40 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Sorry about that, I'll remove it if you wish.

Hm? No worries you can keep using WindowShine :) I just want to make sure that you ask before adding peoples mods in the future ;P 

Edited by Avera9eJoe

15 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Aye it does take some instruction, but it's necessary since you aren't legally allowed to include his textures as a part of your download. I can't stress it enough, but you are sitting on a live mine right now - if he pops in here and sees you using his textures against his intent, that's grounds for your mod to be immediately removed. It's happened before but nobody knows because said mod has been wiped from the forum and the user who made it's account is deactivated ask @themaster401 for more info if you need it... I didn't even know about that until it was brought up in PM a month or so ago.

Due to this, I had to include instructions to install them from his download in Spectra. If you want you can copy the documentation and steps from Spectra and use it here if you want?

Hm? No worries you can keep using WindowShine :) I just want to make sure that you ask before adding peoples mods in the future ;P 

Alright, they will be removed; I can't argue with licensing. Just quite frustrating that's all. 

3 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Frustrating indeed :(

I'm currently looking into creating my own ground textures so hopefully ground textures can be reimplemented soon enough.

Just now, Matchlight said:

I'm currently looking into creating my own ground textures so hopefully ground textures can be reimplemented soon enough.

:o Nice I dabbled into surface textures myself but wasn't a skilled enough artist to get results... I wish you the best Matchlight :)

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:25 AM, Galileo said:

Doesn't matter how outdated his mod is, if his license doesn't allow for you to repackage his textures, you can't. 

Thats why if you want people to use his texture in conjunction with this mod, you must provide those instructions. Moderators are quick to remove links to mods that don't follow licensing rules. 

@Galileo HALP! I'm trying to change stock astronomers cloud texture for Kerbin with the custom 51024x25512 one. But the only thing I get is Kerbin completely covered in clouds! Any tips?

2 hours ago, Alteroz said:

@Galileo HALP! I'm trying to change stock astronomers cloud texture for Kerbin with the custom 51024x25512 one. But the only thing I get is Kerbin completely covered in clouds! Any tips?

Firstly, you're probably tagging the wrong person. @Matchlight is the OP of the post. Secondly, trying to use 51k clouds in EVE is a very, very bad idea.

7 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

Firstly, you're probably tagging the wrong person. @Matchlight is the OP of the post. Secondly, trying to use 51k clouds in EVE is a very, very bad idea.

Matchlight don't have idea how to do this either, so I asked Galileo how to do this. Oh and yes, 51k clouds are not so bad idea! E.T visual overhaul for rss uses 64k textures,soo...