[1.3.0] Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

Matchlight

1 hour ago, Alteroz said:

Matchlight don't have idea how to do this either, so I asked Galileo how to do this. Oh and yes, 51k clouds are not so bad idea! E.T visual overhaul for rss uses 64k textures,soo...

E.T. Does use 64k textures, but they are converted to 8k cubemaps. You cannot just throw a 51k texture into KSP and expect it to work. The largest texture Unity can use is 16k.

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

E.T. Does use 64k textures, but they are converted to 8k cubemaps. You cannot just throw a 51k texture into KSP and expect it to work. The largest texture Unity can use is 16k.

Hmm, how do I convert texture to 8k cubemap?

3 hours ago, Alteroz said:

Hmm, how do I convert texture to 8k cubemap?

Well, you can't convert a 51k map to 8k cube maps because of math. Your best bet is just using the textures and texture cfg from ET. Setting up cube maps is a pain in the ass

Edited by Galileo

8 hours ago, Galileo said:

Well, you can't convert a 51k map to 8k cube maps because of math. Your best bet is just using the textures and texture cfg from ET. Setting up cube maps is a pain in the ass

1. I have 64k texture

2. I don't care how hard it is, just tell me how to do it

32 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

2. I don't care how hard it is, just tell me how to do it

Galileo is a busy guy with a lot of obligations other than walking you through the process of making cubemaps. I'd recommend using this link to find tutorials and explanations on how to make cubemaps and asking in the E.T. thread for advice on using them in KSP.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

3 hours ago, cy4n said:

@Alteroz Here's a tutorial on cube maps:

DUUUUDE thank you!

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:54 AM, Matchlight said:

ah, how long does it have to be? compared to a height on 43600? Fantastic to here it's working!

Rewriting AVP clouds.cfg to eve 1.05 to add uvnoise and support cubemaps. Already made : Auroras for all planets, clouds for Jool, Eve, and effects on Moho. Scatterer works fine.

Edit : I messed up with the Minlight and stuff :mad:

Edited by Alteroz

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Here you go. And you only get a black hole.. (No one has made actual portal wormholes yet)

For practically no reason at all, Artyomka included preset visual enhancements for the Kerbol system in the Kargantua mod (presumably because he wanted to use the assets like auroras and storms on the Kargantua planets, and didn't delete configs for the stock system). I've inquired him about removing the stock system configs, but nothing has come out of that yet. For now, people would have to manually remove the configs from the Kargantua mod to be able to use other visual enhancements with it.

Edited by themaster401

8 hours ago, themaster401 said:

For practically no reason at all, Artyomka included preset visual enhancements for the Kerbol system in the Kargantua mod (presumably because he wanted to use the assets like auroras and storms on the Kargantua planets, and didn't delete configs for the stock system). I've inquired him about removing the stock system configs, but nothing has come out of that yet. For now, people would have to manually remove the configs from the Kargantua mod to be able to use other visual enhancements with it.

That wouldn't be to much of a hassle. Considering creating a new moon around Jool with kopernicus, specifically for the blackhole! Also looking at 64k textures, and reworked clouds for Eve, as I do find them a bit plain currently.

@themaster401 You referred to me as 'cool kid' in your changelog :)

17 hours ago, Alteroz said:

Wow, those new Laythe clouds make it look like it's offset!

Thats kind of what I was going for, an axis, that's why I offset the Auroras Also! And since Laythe doesn't have ice at its poles integration was seamless.

6 hours ago, Artem Kerman said:

Ummm. What? 29MB lightnings? It's so hardly for some PC. Looking for the GEA v6beta, please. I have a 6k texture but her size is 4MB. And yes, why copy the most parts of AVP?

Yes, AVP is the base I'm working from but as the versions go up it will become less and less AVP. As starting with the Laythe clouds and soon to be a Wormhole rework along with new clouds for Eve & Jool. I'm not sure what you are getting at about the lightning though...

16 hours ago, Matchlight said:

Yes, AVP is the base I'm working from but as the versions go up it will become less and less AVP. As starting with the Laythe clouds and soon to be a Wormhole rework along with new clouds for Eve & Jool. I'm not sure what you are getting at about the lightning though...

Lol, if you want make a good graphics, working plz on all textures and creating really nice mod. Sorry, your mod not cool, but I thinking you can make better.

1 hour ago, Artem Kerman said:

Lol, if you want make a good graphics, working plz on all textures and creating really nice mod. Sorry, your mod not cool, but I thinking you can make better.

I don't know if that was sarcastic, rude, or just an error of poor english, but Astronomer's Visual Pack represented the pinnacle of audiovisual beauty in the alpha versions of KSP, and now with people like me and Matchlight creating repackagings and spinoffs, AVP's legacy only gets better.

Although, I would like to point out that the new Laythe clouds are literally just one of Jool's layers. Also, renaming the mod to "Andromeda Visuals" was a bit of a bad move. Distributing Astronomer's work under a different name and claiming the pack to be your own has resulted in removal of a mod before.

3 hours ago, Artem Kerman said:

I tried out your visual pack, and while good I found it to be a little bit flat and have no depth. Although I do appreciate what you do for the community, but I don't want any beef.

On 5/20/2017 at 9:58 PM, Starslinger999 said:

Can I has a standalone Wormhole? I wants to redo interstellar in KSP. (You may know that I like that movie by my avatar Pic :P)

That is in the making, I've been making a 16k texture for it and I want to see if I can use cloud layers to create a really weird warpy effect like in Interstellar. It will be in its own orbit around Jool. If you want to give me some tips in Texture creating then please do tell... This is the surface map (will change) how do I convert into a normal map?

We did it!

3To5ZrF.png

I created a Kopernicus Body and put it in a far-out orbit around Jool! Working on it now, trying to get a texture that is really really high-res to slap onto it. Going to add cloudLayers and send them back and forth to try to create the distort in the image. If anyone has a clue on what I can do to replicate this it would be fantastic. I am creating a texture but I doubt it to be good... its 16k for reference.

mZ022fa.jpg

2 hours ago, Matchlight said:

We did it!

3To5ZrF.png

I created a Kopernicus Body and put it in a far-out orbit around Jool! Working on it now, trying to get a texture that is really really high-res to slap onto it. Going to add cloudLayers and send them back and forth to try to create the distort in the image. If anyone has a clue on what I can do to replicate this it would be fantastic. I am creating a texture but I doubt it to be good... its 16k for reference.

mZ022fa.jpg

Take a look at Instantiator, it might include some useful features for applying a wormhole effect to a body.