[1.3.0] Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

Matchlight

22 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Hmm, there's a good chance that bug still occurs, let me look into it. If it happens again, tell me and describe every detail + a log if thats ok. There's just not much I can do based on that information and the fact this was a while ago.

Will do, sorry for being so vague, I just didn't think to record anything about it :P

Hasn't happened so far yet, but after going several weeks without it, it's suuuuch an improvement over the stock visuals :D

17 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

BUG. When I land on the sea, with part pressure and part g limits, I sink straight down until I explode, no mater how slow I go. This has forced me to ensure all my landings are on land.

That is interesting because this mod does not even touch this sort of stuff, possibly a scatterer thing? Try without it.

@Matchlight It happened!

Mods installed

Spoiler

Red = used when it happened

Andromeda (Obviously) 0.3.4
Near future Solar0.8.4/Electric0.9.3/Construction0.8.3/Launch vehicles1.0.1
Deep space exploration vehicles 2.1.4
Freight transport tech 0.7.1.0
Heat control 0.4.1
Kerbal atomics 0.4.5
Kerbal engineer 1.1.3.0
Malemute 0.3.1.0
Mk2 expansion 1.7.5
Orion (Nuclear pulse) 0.1.4.0
Stockalike mining extension 0.96.1
Tokamak refurbished 0.1.5
Alcubierre warp drive 0.6.1.0
Kerbal Joint  reinforcement 1.3 compile (This one was used, but I can't highlight it)

Okay, so it happens when I go from map view, back to spacecraft view quickly

(I listed this video as private however, so if you can't view it, I'll change it to public, although, you have the link, so..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEy1aaWnP-s

I think it happens when I flip between map and spacecraft view quickly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r5gnxfqpu3y6v3/output_log.txt?dl=0

This is my first time posting output logs or anything like that, so if something is screwy, let me know, and I'll try to fix it.

Edited by Spaceception
Mod info

@Matchlight are you providing custom scatterer configs, or are you just bundling scatterer because you want people to play with it? If it's the latter, I highly recommend you remove it from the download and let people go download it themselves from the scatterer thread. There is really no reason for people to still be reporting the floating terrain issue, but they are because this mod bundles a version of scatterer that is incompatible with 1.3. There is now a version out that works with 1.3 and fixes the floating terrain. 

This is another example of why mod packs, and bundling mods is not a great idea, like I explained in the past. 

Edited by Galileo

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

@Matchlight are you providing custom scatterer configs, or are you just bundling scatterer because you want people to play with it? If it's the latter, I highly recommend you remove it from the download and let people go download it themselves from the scatterer thread. There is really no reason for people to still be reporting the floating terrain issue, but they are because this mod bundles a version of scatterer that is incompatible with 1.3. There is now a version out that works with 1.3 and fixes the floating terrain. 

This is another example of why mod packs, and bundling mods is not a great idea, like I explained in the past. 

Currently AVD uses stock scatterer configs, 0.4 will use custom ones.

Just now, Alteroz said:

Currently AVD uses stock scatterer configs, 0.4 will use custom ones.

Regardless, I still recommend removing it and using MM cfgs for your scatterer settings for each planet. That way you won't need to play keep up with newer version unless scatterer cfg structure changes. 

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

Regardless, I still recommend removing it and using MM cfgs for your scatterer settings for each planet. That way you won't need to play keep up with newer version unless scatterer cfg structure changes. 

Yes, that would be ideal! I will certainly take a look at it.

On 7/10/2017 at 8:03 AM, Galileo said:

I think AVP's lightning is awful and looks more like artifacting from a dying GPU. It's far too fast and frequent and doesn't resemble lightning all that much. This is apparent from the continuous complaints about it or the complete misunderstanding of what it is supposed to be.

I did some work on lighting a while ago and got a much better effect.

heres an example. It's a wip but still miles better than AVP in my opinion.

That is absolutely incredible! Is it possible you can explain to me how you achieved this effect?

27 minutes ago, EldurUlfur said:

Hey,

Not sure if this has been asked before but is there a way to disable the lightning?

Been asked 100 times XD Go GameData/BoulderCo/Clouds and remove the Lightning config.

On 7/14/2017 at 2:39 AM, Galileo said:

Yes, I think we will just provide configs, or like you said MM configs.

On 7/14/2017 at 0:06 AM, Spaceception said:

@Matchlight It happened!

Mods installed

Reveal hidden contents

Red = used when it happened

Andromeda (Obviously) 0.3.4
Near future Solar0.8.4/Electric0.9.3/Construction0.8.3/Launch vehicles1.0.1
Deep space exploration vehicles 2.1.4
Freight transport tech 0.7.1.0
Heat control 0.4.1
Kerbal atomics 0.4.5
Kerbal engineer 1.1.3.0
Malemute 0.3.1.0
Mk2 expansion 1.7.5
Orion (Nuclear pulse) 0.1.4.0
Stockalike mining extension 0.96.1
Tokamak refurbished 0.1.5
Alcubierre warp drive 0.6.1.0
Kerbal Joint  reinforcement 1.3 compile (This one was used, but I can't highlight it)

Okay, so it happens when I go from map view, back to spacecraft view quickly

(I listed this video as private however, so if you can't view it, I'll change it to public, although, you have the link, so..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEy1aaWnP-s

I think it happens when I flip between map and spacecraft view quickly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r5gnxfqpu3y6v3/output_log.txt?dl=0

This is my first time posting output logs or anything like that, so if something is screwy, let me know, and I'll try to fix it.

Oww yes! I've seen this one before, just your average scatterer glitch, unfortunately. Hmmm, try turning off ocean shaders in the scatterer menu.

On 7/13/2017 at 10:49 PM, Starslinger999 said:

Was playing with all the extras including Scatterer and found this:

vuEOZOf.jpg

THE LAND IS MISSING, IT MUST BE INCEPTION OR SOMETHIN!!!!

Goddamn it @blackrack! He made a fix for this, which I included in 0.3.4 and it should fix this... I haven't had this glitch since, so which version of this mod are you using?

38 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Oww yes! I've seen this one before, just your average scatterer glitch, unfortunately. Hmmm, try turning off ocean shaders in the scatterer menu.

I did I thought....

I'll check it tomorrow.

It doesn't happen too often, its just when it does, it makes playing it really annoying.

Also, until this is fixed, you should warn for epilepsy in the front page, just in case :P

4 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

I did I thought....

I'll check it tomorrow.

It doesn't happen too often, its just when it does, it makes playing it really annoying.

Also, until this is fixed, you should warn for epilepsy in the front page, just in case :P

Hmm... I've seen this issue before and experienced it... Let me think about it. Also, I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't trigger an epileptic fit :P

Wow!  Beautiful clouds and scenery.  Easy install, and it doesn't stress my system.  Thank you.

I have a question.  From space there is very little definition between land and water areas.  They are almost the same shade of blue.  Is there any (easy) way to adjust the colors to make more of a contrast, with greener and browner land areas and perhaps deeper blue ocean areas?

Thanks.

7 hours ago, thomash said:

Wow!  Beautiful clouds and scenery.  Easy install, and it doesn't stress my system.  Thank you.

I have a question.  From space there is very little definition between land and water areas.  They are almost the same shade of blue.  Is there any (easy) way to adjust the colors to make more of a contrast, with greener and browner land areas and perhaps deeper blue ocean areas?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to change this unless you want to tinker around with Kerbin's scatterer terrain config.

9 hours ago, thomash said:

Thanks.

Solution would be delete glow layer on Kerbin.

39 minutes ago, electricpants said:

Sorry if somebody else has asked this before, but is this compatible with OPM?

(Hey Vsauce)

Until the mod updates to the new EVE, you are able to use the OPMclouds mod for OPM cloud configs. 

22 hours ago, themaster401 said:

(Hey Vsauce)

Until the mod updates to the new EVE, you are able to use the OPMclouds mod for OPM cloud configs. 

Michael here, and this mod will update to latest EVE in the next update but I don't think we will have OPM support by then, a little afterwards maybe.