The Rover Race Challenge

6 hours ago, Heimder said:

2325 points... I think.... by the way just finish it is a great thing.

Nice video Heimder!

For the ultimate challenge you don't need to complete the standard course first! you can start from the spawn point and go directly to the flag :)

Oh and for the wheels getting locked, i noticed that it happens when they intersect with some other component during suspension travel.

Try to put them a bit further away from the rover body!

Nice one Heimder! What in the world do you feed your kerbals that they have become all Hulky and stuff :P

Your points calculation is correct, but you weren't required to run the course. I'm giving you a 4 minute point reduction for the extra effort, so your total score will be 2085 :)

Edited by Adelaar
Names are verrry difficult

4 hours ago, Hesp said:

Nice video Heimder!

For the ultimate challenge you don't need to complete the standard course first! you can start from the spawn point and go directly to the flag :)

Oh and for the wheels getting locked, i noticed that it happens when they intersect with some other component during suspension travel.

Try to put them a bit further away from the rover body!

So... I've made a litthe less time id drive directly? Holy Kraken

2 minutes ago, Adelaar said:

Nice one Hesp! What in the world do you feed your kerbals that they have become all Hulky and stuff :P

Your points calculation is correct, but you weren't required to run the course. I'm giving you a 4 minute point reduction for the extra effort, so your total score will be 2085 :)

Actually was me :D

Edited by Heimder

• 1 month later...

Ok here's my entry for the Whacky Racer section.

Presenting the Rotax Racer III-IV

http://imgur.com/a/QmMCr

I started out at 1:05:45 and finished at 1:10:05. So that means I took 10:05-5:45 = 4min 20sec = 260 sec to complete the course... I think I did that math right

So that means 260 points.

I hope I included all the pictures. My game seems to have a habit of not capturing screenshots like 1/4 times (I ended up having to take the second screenshot from a previous attempt, bcc it didn't capture it on my final one for some reason). I included the drive screenshots, the car, and bloopers from previous attempts.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139
I can't math today for some reason

I need to perform a run with screenshots to make it official but I believe with some tune-ups I've made to my Rotax Racer and some improved driving skills I can hit 240sec. If I overhaul the Rotax to send power to the wheels as well I could probably shave even more off that.

Edit: That is, if I could ever stop popping my tires when I leap off the ledge of the tracking station

Frustration

On 7-10-2016 at 0:21 AM, njmksr said:

I'm going to enter this.

Also, @Adelaar, can we use mods if we use stock wheels?

Well sadly, no... Mostly because I can't verify if modded wheels are overpowered or underpowered. I guess it's fine if the entry is for the wacky racers, or an upcoming challenge I have in mind. But not for the normal race, sorry!

7 hours ago, Adelaar said:

Well sadly, no... Mostly because I can't verify if modded wheels are overpowered or underpowered. I guess it's fine if the entry is for the wacky racers, or an upcoming challenge I have in mind. But not for the normal race, sorry!

I mean if I take a modded rover but put stock wheels on it

Ok so I was working on a minimum weight speedster to beat @Hesp's standard race entry time, but I kept spinning out and thus missing his time by like 10 seconds. I then took a different approach. To be honest I feel like the rules should probably be changed, or things like this should be put in some separate "gatecrashers" category, because this is kind of ridiculous. It gives me 4:36 = 276sec    276 - 5(67) + 5 = -54pts!

6 hours ago, njmksr said:

I mean if I take a modded rover but put stock wheels on it

Sure!

5 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

Ok so I was working on a minimum weight speedster to beat @Hesp's standard race entry time, but I kept spinning out and thus missing his time by like 10 seconds. I then took a different approach. To be honest I feel like the rules should probably be changed, or things like this should be put in some separate "gatecrashers" category, because this is kind of ridiculous. It gives me 4:36 = 276sec    276 - 5(67) + 5 = -54pts!

Haha, ah, well, damn. :confused: May just put a limit on total amount of kerbals in place then, but I'll award you the gatecrashersprize. Which isn't actually a thing but should make you feel better. :P

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 4:09 PM, Adelaar said:

...May just put a limit on total amount of kerbals in place then...

Yah a limit or something would probably be a good idea. Otherwise this could just become a contest of who has the best computer (and can thus handle the parts necessary to create a larger land train than the other person) lol

Anyways I made a new (more legitimate) run for the standard race, and made 2:55 = 175 seconds. No parts broken so that's 175pts.  I believe that puts me in second place.

New (legit) attempt

• 3 weeks later...

Alright :) Good to hear people are interested! I'll expand the Race Challenge soon™!

@EpicSpaceTroll139, ah, sorry mate! Haven't been very watchful of the forums due to offline business :P I'll enter your score! Congrats on the second place!

Edited by Adelaar

27 minutes ago, Adelaar said:

Alright :) Good to hear people are interested! I'll expand the Race Challenge soon™!

@EpicSpaceTroll139, ah, sorry mate! Haven't been very watchful of the forums due to offline business :P I'll enter your score! Congrats on the second place!

No problem! :) I probably should have just made a second post about it anyways, since the forums doesn't notify you if a post is edited.

I've made quite a few jet "cars" before.

Spoiler

2016-05-29%2009-39-53.png

But only a few of them have been maneuverable, so this should be interesting! :)

Yes, jet cars would be great!

Also, i refined my run and got 161 points, so i think i have first place now.

Here's the imgur album link:

http://imgur.com/a/U8ZmV

And with a little more refining, and about 20 minutes travel time, i was able to drive to the top of k2.

gi7JvE6.png

I think an ultimate challenge entry is brewing...

Thought I'd test out my boat-car-plane in this challenge before starting the Elcano challenge on eve. This thing is definitely not built for maneuvering or good/realistic looks, but it has enough speed to get a decent time of 2:17(ish), with 4 passengers.

23 hours ago, Azimech said:

Adelaar if you don't mind I'd like to start one parallel to this one, aimed primarily at jet cars in 4 classes.

7p2QcPK.png

By the way, are you Dutch?

Sure, go ahead. I've been too busy lately to get the jet track, well, airborne... Besides, it would save cluttering due to too many challenges. One request; to link to the original series and, if possible, add a punny Keremy Klarkson background story to the newest craze in rover racing :P I am looking forward with what you'll come up with!

And, I am indeed :)

21 hours ago, quasarrgames said:

Yes, jet cars would be great!

Also, i refined my run and got 161 points, so i think i have first place now.

And with a little more refining, and about 20 minutes travel time, i was able to drive to the top of k2

I think an ultimate challenge entry is brewing...

Congrats! 300 kph... I don't think one of my rovers has ever done that speed. :confused: Your score will be entered, and I look forward to your ultimate challenge entry!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.