Your first screenshot

The_Rocketeer

There was a first time for all many of us that went something like this:

*Epic moment happens.*
Wow... I should get a screenshot of this.
*Quickly checks keybinds and composes the scene.*
*Click!*

For me, it was just after I'd landed on Mun for the first time. After repeated impacts at high velocity, I finally got down in (nearly) one piece. This was pretty early in my KSP adventure, and my *ahem* design choices were still pretty crude!

iNsPh0Q.png

So, what was that screenshot for you? Do you still have it? If so post it! Otherwise, do you remember it? If so, tell us about it! If you neither have nor remember your first screenshot, what's the oldest one you do have?

9 minutes ago, polytechnique said:

A pretty overbuilt lander for Minmus. I think I was a little spooked about landing too hard at the time... ;p

Into the unexpected! :D I don't think anybody going to Minmus after Mun expect it to be so easy!

@LordFerret ah yes, the giant Mystery Goo experiments. I'd almost forgotten... anyway, is that the southern ice-cap or the northern?

This is the first one that I have on my laptop, probably the first one I ever took on my laptop.  I don't think that it is my first ever, because I probably have some on my old computer that I can't get to right now.  Anyway, it was a poorly designed transport plane from version 24.2

c9QfhHo.jpg

I started playing in .22 or .23, so I should have some older ones somewhere.

I'll post mine when I get home :) - Man... I took it January of 2012 - I remember when they added the liquid second engine (LV-T45) So that means I've been playing since at least v0.11 back in October 2011.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

This is my first screenshot

twqnn2w.png

From my third mun landing (notice the speed) Jeb and Bob where already stranded on the surface

Unfortunately when I did attempt to land I ran out of fuel above the surface and so Bill had to jump out. He bounced and somehow survived (in my excitement I crashed him into the surface 5 minutes later and killed him)

RkIEAL2.png?1  

Edited by mrmcp1

Some great stuff here already - I can identify with much of the nostalgia and noobitude :D

Awesome also to see some of the real great-grand-daddy days of KSP coming up. I first latched on when KSP hit the Steam store, one hour of the free demo and I was ready to throw my wallet at my display - well played for that, Squad. :wink:

Mmm nostalgia... I recall when the Mun was added in v0.12... the solar system was a lonely place then...

Say @sal_vager, it would be an interesting change to career if you could only see the planet indicators and not the actual planets in the tier 1 tracking station. Starting career mode would almost be reminiscent of when Kerbin was truly just a lonely dot. As you upgrade and expand the KSC it would make you feel like the discoverer of each planet as well as the first visitor. Also would give you more reason to build more into the R&D center since it has the space center's observatory. Would would give you more reason to read the description on each planet through the tracking station too :P.

"Jool is particularly known for being a rather large, predominantly green planet. Kerbalkind has longed to visit it since it was first spotted in the sky. Philosophers reason that the swirling green planet must be a really nice place to visit, on account of its wholesome coloration. 

If you look at Jool through a telescope, it is fuzzy." -
Jool's description

Then upgrading to the tier 2 station would let you see moons.

"Vall was one of the last Moons of Jool to be discovered. Frustrated scientists kept trying to wipe it off the lenses of their telescopes. Eventually after a rash of returned telescopes, Advanced Optics Co. finally decided to just tell them it was an actual object in the sky." - Vall's description

Makes me sad that I doubt many people even know celestial bodies have descriptions. ;.; - Also I don't think Advanced Optics Co. has been mentioned in anything else. Hmm... possibly something that could be used in contracts?

Oh man... thinking about this with the new addition of comms is just mind boggling... You'd literally discover a planet, Upgrade the R&D center, discover moons of that planet, build a communications network that reaches out to that planet, and then one by one visit the planets you found!

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Here's mine, from the demo sometime in early-ish 2014:

h83nfZN.jpg

I already knew how to orbit pretty well by then, by the looks of that rocket. Although, I can see from that pic that that particular launch probably involved a hilarious  catastrophic disaster... :D 

May 29th of 2013: IIRC the in-game screenshot function didn't work on OS-X for the demo, nor for 0.19.1 when I first bought the game. So my very first screenshot was taken using default Mac screenshot key - complete with the window frame and buttons and all. I don't appear to still have the original (or if I do it's in a zipped-up backup file), so here is the trimmed version:

20130529_121553_first_orbit.jpg

That was my first successful orbit in KSP. 

Well, like an idiot I deleted my pre-1.0 installs of KSP during a hard drive cleanout, and the screenshots went with them, so here's a frame from a video of me playing the demo, March 31, 2013.

lQhA9Im.png

And then, on April 26, 2013, my first Mun landing, with a ship that was supposed to be a space station around Kerbin. Don't ask me how I made that mistake because I don't know. I believe this is in 0.19.

uiCzj3K.png

54 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Say @sal_vager, it would be an interesting change to career if you could only see the planet indicators and not the actual planets in the tier 1 tracking station.

It'd be an interesting change if you couldn't see any orbit lines at all...

My first screenshot is lost to the midst of time, but the earliest pics I have are here.

Spoiler

TYnBI.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.