[1.11.1] Hullcam VDS Continued

linuxgurugamer

Hello,

I have a minor issue with the cameras. Everything works fine except the filters/effects. So my basic camera gives me HD colorful image, the booster camera has clear picture without crosshair... It does not bother me too much, but I think once I reach nightvision camera (career) I will be... slightly dissapointed :-) Everything else is nominal, the FoV, the gui, the shortcuts. I have tons of other mods (TimeControl being my suspisious number one as it is known to brake VHS Hullcam, yet not this way) and I need to do some proper testing (new save, logs, mod reinstall, ...) I do use CKAN on my mods, therefore all of them should be up-to-date and not in conflict. Yeat that is just the theory and reality may differ, especialy with human factor (me) involved.

Thus I just came to ask whether possibly is something well known or whether it is normal behaviour and I just unintentionally turned the effects off (in that case, how do I undo?)? If no of the previous is the case (I would put my money on the later one) - I will come back later with proper information and/or solution in case I would figure it myself.

I post this only to... sort out the simplest solution (turn it back on! or now it works this way) prior I will spent my time investigating the cause instead of playing, so if my case is not "obvious & clearly known" - please just say so and I will do the usual info gathering.

Thanks for any feedback

Edited by Skalgrin

2 hours ago, Skalgrin said:

Hello,

I have a minor issue with the cameras. Everything works fine except the filters/effects. So my basic camera gives me HD colorful image, the booster camera has clear picture without crosshair... It does not bother me too much, but I think once I reach nightvision camera (career) I will be... slightly dissapointed :-) Everything else is nominal, the FoV, the gui, the shortcuts. I have tons of other mods (TimeControl being my suspisious number one as it is known to brake VHS Hullcam, yet not this way) and I need to do some proper testing (new save, logs, mod reinstall, ...) I do use CKAN on my mods, therefore all of them should be up-to-date and not in conflict. Yeat that is just the theory and reality may differ, especialy with human factor (me) involved.

Thus I just came to ask whether possibly is something well known or whether it is normal behaviour and I just unintentionally turned the effects off (in that case, how do I undo?)? If no of the previous is the case (I would put my money on the later one) - I will come back later with proper information and/or solution in case I would figure it myself.

I post this only to... sort out the simplest solution (turn it back on! or now it works this way) prior I will spent my time investigating the cause instead of playing, so if my case is not "obvious & clearly known" - please just say so and I will do the usual info gathering.

Thanks for any feedback

I don't understand what is the problem. Are the filters and effects not working?

Will really need a log file to see what's going on

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't understand what is the problem. Are the filters and effects not working?

Will really need a log file to see what's going on

You got the point, the filters and effects are not working. I just had the idea they can be turned down ingame and that I inadvertly did so. That is not the case so I will do the investigation and will come back with either solution or a log file, screens and modlist...

I do have 70+ mods now so Hullcam VDS may be absolutely innocent in this one. I will make a copy of the install, and just delete all other mods excpet VDS and module manager. Would this resolve the issue I will try to find out the conflicting mod(s) just to give the info here. If that would not resolve this, I will provide logfile.

Thank you for the quick feedback, I do appreciate it.

EDIT : I have made the copy with just VDS - works as charm - thus I will (hopefuly over the weekend) try to sort out where is the conflict (I have backup of all my mods as in a state as of 19-01-2017

Edited by Skalgrin
additional info

Hello once more again. The conflicting mod is Kerbalism (1.1.8) if you install it, the filters and effects from cameras disapear. (and also gui for Kronal Vessel Viewer vanishes, but that is not relevant here, I guess) .. Should I provide anything else? For me it is "solved", but I would gladly be helpful if I can

Edited by Skalgrin
spelling

On 07/01/2017 at 4:22 PM, PiezPiedPy said:

@linuxgurugamer I'm also getting my log spammed with this:

[EXC 15:55:48.210] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 HullcamVDS.CameraFilter.RenderTitlePage (Boolean title, UnityEngine.Texture2D titleTex)
 HullcamVDS.MovieTimeFilter.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture target)

All the cameras seem to work fine though, here's my log file anyway http://www.filedropper.com/ksplog hope it helps :wink:

Did anyone work out what's causing this? My logs are getting filled with it even when I'm not using the cameras on my craft. Am using a lot of other mods, so likely some sort of conflict

10 hours ago, baldamundo said:

Did anyone work out what's causing this? My logs are getting filled with it even when I'm not using the cameras on my craft. Am using a lot of other mods, so likely some sort of conflict

Mod list would help.  So would your log file.  And someone found a problem with Kerbalism, do you have that installed?

On 1/22/2017 at 7:05 AM, Skalgrin said:

Hello once more again. The conflicting mod is Kerbalism (1.1.8) if you install it, the filters and effects from cameras disapear. (and also gui for Kronal Vessel Viewer vanishes, but that is not relevant here, I guess) .. Should I provide anything else? For me it is "solved", but I would gladly be helpful if I can

Since I also do KVV, it is relevant for me :-)

I'll have to take a look at Kerbalism, see what it might be doing.  But if one mod is causing problems in multiple other mods, guess who's problem it is?

On 1/7/2017 at 11:22 AM, PiezPiedPy said:

@linuxgurugamer I'm also getting my log spammed with this:

[EXC 15:55:48.210] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 HullcamVDS.CameraFilter.RenderTitlePage (Boolean title, UnityEngine.Texture2D titleTex)
 HullcamVDS.MovieTimeFilter.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture target)

All the cameras seem to work fine though, here's my log file anyway http://www.filedropper.com/ksplog hope it helps :wink:

It's Kerbalism.  Not sure what's going on yet, but you have it installed and it is causing problems in at least two mods that I know of.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24.1.2017 at 6:37 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm going to mark Kerbalism as incompatible with this mod.  It's doing very strange things, and it's Kerbalism which needs to be fixed.

Issue is gone with the newest Kerbalism. ShotgunNinja has fixed it.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm having the issue. Hullcam spams with "nullreference exception". That was when i installed kerbalism (i lnow it's not supported) but here goes the funniest thing: this is my mod list after uninstalling Hullcam http://imgur.com/a/fhP5R and this is my ksp log after uninstalling https://www.dropbox.com/s/nj4m7fny9balck5/output_log.txt?dl=0 and the cameras are still available in the vab and sph

On 2/14/2017 at 2:22 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

and I've removed the conflict from CKAN.

thanks

Nice! Still says that Kerbalism is an incompatible mod on the first page, though... not sure if that's an oversight or not... 

Also, is there still a way to get a version of this for 1.1.2?

Anyone have issues with the cameras in IVA showing weird blue polygon stuff obscuring the view? Seems to be related to the blue sky of kerbin but will appear even when looking away from the planet. Angles, even changing where you look in the cabin causes the polygons to shift. It's really annoying. I have alot of mods added, not Kerbalism. I have scatterer and EVE, which I think may be the culprits. 

Anyone else? I checked the thread here and didn't find anything.

Edited by tanelorn

14 hours ago, tanelorn said:

Anyone have issues with the cameras in IVA showing weird blue polygon stuff obscuring the view? Seems to be related to the blue sky of kerbin but will appear even when looking away from the planet. Angles, even changing where you look in the cabin causes the polygons to shift. It's really annoying. I have alot of mods added, not Kerbalism. I have scatterer and EVE, which I think may be the culprits. 

Anyone else? I checked the thread here and didn't find anything.

Are you running OpenGL, or DirectX11?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else run into an issue where some cameras display the UI, the markers for other craft, the mouseover names of bodies in Distant Object Enhancement, but no image of the actual view? It's not all the cameras. I've only seen it in the NavCam and Night Vision Camera. I haven't checked them all, but the Wide Angle Camera and KerbPro certainly work fine, as do the first person EVA cameras. Oh, and the docking cameras don't appear to work. In any port, modded or not.

If my mod list and logs are needed, I'll post them, I just wanted to know if there was a quick fix.

There used to be a mod that had some inverted cameras, as in you could stick them on the underside of your plane and see the correct way rather than upside down, I can't find that mod anymore so is it possible to have inverted versions of some of the cameras in this mod?

On 26/03/2017 at 0:01 PM, stali79 said:

There used to be a mod that had some inverted cameras, as in you could stick them on the underside of your plane and see the correct way rather than upside down, I can't find that mod anymore so is it possible to have inverted versions of some of the cameras in this mod?

You can make a 180° rotated booster cam view (the coolest one :wink: ) by changing "cameraUp = 1, 0, 0" to "cameraUp = -1, 0, 0" in the part.cfg file of either the hc_booster part, or a copy of it... Valid for any other cam...(?)... In this case, strangely enough, in the

cameraName = BoosterCamAft

sections...

Btw, the UI should be "Toggle front", "Toggle aft"... And maybe a "Down is downwards" checkbox? :P

HzhzrC3K

"cameraUp = -1, 0, -1" gives that :

JqNL

you can try

cameraForward = 0.5, 1, 0
        cameraUp = -1, 0, 0

:wink:

With

cameraForward = 0.75, 0.75, 0
        cameraUp = -1, 0, 0

and the cam mounted this way : 5Is4

"Aft" cam is showing this : p6Pq

And you can tune the "forward" cam to have a clean "vertical" view... Ok the shape is strange, but you know those kerbal welders... Easy from there to make a "airplane cam", by only changing the shape (triangular with 2 orthogonal attach nodes...? A cube with 6...?) and names & settings :

MODULE
    {
        name = MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom
        cameraUp = -1, 0, 0

MODULE
    {
        name = HullCamera    
        cameraUp = -1, 0, 0

MODULE
    {
        cameraName = BoosterCamForward
        cameraForward = 0.75, -0.75

MODULE
    {
        name = HullCamera    
        cameraForward = 0.75, -0.75, 0

And i guess there could be some mouse/stick/notepad/keyboard in-flight command...? And/or a (automatic...?) setup in the workshops... (+ if these cams could be added in the chase/orbit/... sequence.......?)

Edited by Kenny Kerman

5 hours ago, Kenny Kerman said:

You can make a 180° rotated booster cam view (the coolest one :wink: ) by changing "cameraUp = 1, 0, 0" to "cameraUp = -1, 0, 0" in the part.cfg file of either the hc_booster part, or a copy of it... Valid for any other cam...(?)... In this case, strangely enough, in the

sections...

Btw, the UI should be "Toggle front", "Toggle aft"... And maybe a "Down is downwards" checkbox? :P

HzhzrC3K

"cameraUp = -1, 0, -1" gives that :

JqNL

you can try

cameraForward = 0.5, 1, 0
        cameraUp = -1, 0, 0

:wink:

With

cameraUp = -1, 0, 0

and the cam mounted this way : 5Is4

"Aft" cam is showing this : p6Pq

And you can tune the "forward" cam to have a clean "vertical" view... Ok the shape is strange, but you know those kerbal welders... Easy from there to make a "airplane cam", by only changing the shape (triangular with 2 orthogonal attach nodes...? A cube with 6...?) and names & settings :

MODULE
    {
        cameraUp = -1, 0, 0

MODULE
    {
        name = HullCamera    
        cameraUp = -1, 0, 0

MODULE
    {
        cameraForward = 0.75, -0.75

MODULE
    {
        name = HullCamera    
        cameraForward = 0.75, -0.75, 0

And i guess there could be some mouse/stick/notepad/keyboard in-flight command...? And/or a (automatic...?) setup in the workshops... (+ if these cams could be added in the chase/orbit/... sequence.......?)

Looks like a MM Patch could be done to be able to toggle the camera between normal and inverted modes, nice! The OPT J Boarding Ramp is a nice place to stick a camera, after all nice would be if you could see who is knocking at the door, Cameras I place in there facing down the ramp end up with the camera view rotated 90 degrees left or right. I may end up copying the configs into some new cameras specific to the purpose of working properly with OPT.

Edited by stali79

17 hours ago, stali79 said:

Looks like a MM Patch could be done to be able to toggle the camera between normal and inverted modes, nice! The OPT J Boarding Ramp is a nice place to stick a camera, after all nice would be if you could see who is knocking at the door, Cameras I place in there facing down the ramp end up with the camera view rotated 90 degrees left or right. I may end up copying the configs into some new cameras specific to the purpose of working properly with OPT.

A cube with 2 perpendicular cams (same model as the booster-cams) and 4 (or 6...) attach nodes would do the trick. And... degrees along the (thinner) reticles .....

(       cameraFoVMax = 90
        cameraFoVMin = 20

is great too :) ) (Intended for civil use only. Warranty void if used in any military context. Or to drop alive things.)

Edited by Kenny Kerman