[1.11.1] Hullcam VDS Continued

linuxgurugamer

10 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Does it work with Kerbals in EVA chairs?

Probably, but not sure.  Best way to find out is to try it

On 8/13/2016 at 2:59 AM, drtedastro said:

nice to see that you have picked up this mod.  thanks.

Is there any chance that you might be able to add an option so that the camera views could be in a window, rather than taking over the active screen.  I had asked albert this a long time ago and i think he just never had time.

anyway, again, great to see you picking this up.

Cheers.

Right now I'm maintaining it only, but new features may come later.  Please open a Github issue about this

Thanks

On 8/14/2016 at 10:38 AM, ZooNamedGames said:

Does it work with Kerbals in EVA chairs?

Yes, I have been able to use the first person view with no problems on a a command chair.  I have a few little space scooters with command chairs that I have made that are fun to fly around in looking out from inside the helmet. 

By the way, thank you to Linuxgurugamer for taking over this mod.  This has been a top favorite of mine ever since I found out that you could have first person view.  I use it with KAS, and it makes orbital construction of space stations very immersive.  This is mod is definitely worthy to be kept alive!

Edited by cgjunk2

1 minute ago, nascarlaser1 said:

I have either 1.1 or 1.1.1 (can't figure out which :P.) and I don't want to update my game until the next content update comes out due to having to uninstall it. Would the current 1.1.3 version of this mod still work on 1.1-1.1.1?

Most likely not.

1 hour ago, nascarlaser1 said:

what is the log file?

P.s. This is the first mod I have ever used :(.

Quick unrelated question

if you are just hosting it, where do I send suggestions for it?

please read the first post in this thread for insructions on support.

I am not "hosting" it, I am the maintainer.  send suggestions to me

8 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

the separate page about support does not have anything about a log file unless I'm missing it :(.

The Logs
These are text files that the game spits out for debugging purposes as it runs; if something broke horribly in-game, there will be something in here about it. You should upload the entire log as a file (i.e. not to pastebin); you can use dropbox or an equivalent host to upload the file. Make sure the entire file gets uploaded; you may have to zip it first, as logs can be very long. Here is where you can find the log:

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

Hello,

I just managed to perform my first docking from DockingPort-camera view. It's such an intuitive thing, you don't even need RCS thrusters (forgot to put them on my test ship, lol). I'm a fan, already!

I'd like to make one suggestion, however: Please, add a link to the Module Manager to the first post of this thread. It would be really helpful for dumb folks like me who only read the starter post and expect every system requirement to be posted there. It took me well over two hours to figure out why I couldn't select the DockingPort views. Would be appreciated!

Then, I've got one question: How come I don't get any range information on the target selected? Is that some other requirement that I overlooked? Or do I have to put some telemetry-parts on both ships before it works?

Thank you very much, and awesome work!

Best regards!

6 hours ago, Breizhad said:

Then, I've got one question: How come I don't get any range information on the target selected? Is that some other requirement that I overlooked? Or do I have to put some telemetry-parts on both ships before it works?

Thank you very much, and awesome work!

Best regards!

That's something I've also noted as well.  No range information displayed in the docking view in most situations.  I did get it on one occasion, but not sure why.  Maybe because it was with two low part count ship (most of the time I use the dock camera it's on high part count stations/ships). 

On the other hand, maybe I'm doing wrong, is there a  button that needs to be pressed to pull up the range info in the camera display? 

Edited by cgjunk2

17 hours ago, cgjunk2 said:

That's something I've also noted as well.  No range information displayed in the docking view in most situations.  I did get it on one occasion, but not sure why.  Maybe because it was with two low part count ship (most of the time I use the dock camera it's on high part count stations/ships). 

On the other hand, maybe I'm doing wrong, is there a  button that needs to be pressed to pull up the range info in the camera display? 

You need to select a target before the range will be displayed

Firstly, awesome that this have been taken up again :-D

And then the actual questions... Do you know why the cameras seem to behave differently with RasterPropMonitor?

I tried putting them all on a boom to test, but it seems that RasterPropMonitor catch the "regular" cameras as actual External Cameras.

At least it seems to be the case. Neither docking port, night vision or the black and white ones seems to be viewable on the monitors (though they all work fine otherwise).

9 hours ago, HenrikH said:

Firstly, awesome that this have been taken up again :-D

And then the actual questions... Do you know why the cameras seem to behave differently with RasterPropMonitor?

I tried putting them all on a boom to test, but it seems that RasterPropMonitor catch the "regular" cameras as actual External Cameras.

At least it seems to be the case. Neither docking port, night vision or the black and white ones seems to be viewable on the monitors (though they all work fine otherwise).

Since I don't really use RPM, I can't really say.  Can you describe a test case I could do to set up and demonstrate this problem?

Thanks

Well, I have a bunch of other mods, but if you install RPM and HullCam it should work the same (I hope)?

Anyway, I made a mk. 3-2 pod with a boom on the side and a docking port on top. Then placed one of each camera on the boom. That should be all cameras I think.

Tested that I could swap cameras from the external view (with "-" I think), and they all worked as expected.

Went into IVA and selected the External Camera on a monitor (right button on lowest row), and a camera view comes up.

Then use the "Next" button on the same screen.

It swaps between 4 cameras in total, all of them with ordinary view, and the number match cameras with "normal" colour picture. None of the "special" cameras (1 night vision, 1 docking port and the 2 black/white ones).

Another oddity was that I originally placed the Launch Camera 90 degreed rotated from the others - and while the regular camera view oddly seems to "correct" this to the same facing as the other cameras, the RPM screen actually had this correctly rotated.

EDIT: Just tried a fresh install with only RPM (+ core), MM and HullCam and got the same result. Something in the cameras that are not regular colour makes them not show in RPM.

Edited by HenrikH
Did a new thing...

Question: is there a way to add science definitions to the cameras?  I know L-tech did it a long time ago, but that mods seems abandoned.  I was curious if you could just take that config and use it with this mod.

2 hours ago, Taki117 said:

Question: is there a way to add science definitions to the cameras?  I know L-tech did it a long time ago, but that mods seems abandoned.  I was curious if you could just take that config and use it with this mod.

Don't know.  I just took a look at the LTech mod, a port is currently underway by someone else

Edited by linuxgurugamer

12 hours ago, Taki117 said:

Unfortunately, L-Tech did it in code, it wasn't a simple config.

That being said, here is a working version of L-Tech for 1.1.3:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7hjvnr0xahyhy9/LTechRevived.zip?dl=1

On 22/8/2016 at 2:23 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Since I don't really use RPM, I can't really say.  Can you describe a test case I could do to set up and demonstrate this problem?

I looked in the cfg files, and it seems like RPM only shows cameras that do not have a "CameraMode", anything that has a tag is ignored it seems.