Mission Log Earth Circumnavigation Challenge

Lego8_bit

hello my name is lego8_bit and today i recently decided to take part in the Elcano Challenge recently and i came up with this little lovely thing :D

830e616fc4ec7107e92312d81987c559.png

AKA (THE DART MK1)

THIS IS A  MODDED ENTRY Using A stock chassis but with b9 areospace for the cockpit areo brakes, intakes, and engine cowling along with b9 adjustable wings for steering (forgot the actual name to it but its close XD)

top speed so far....

On land max speed: 135 m/s

on water max speed: 42.2 m/s

max fuel cap: 800 L of fuel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: Out of fuel and waiting on a resupply drop. 

also  jeb here just  managed to stop a catastrophic flipping catastrophe when hitting a sharp bump going down hill full bore all he managed was to lose was a fin in the rear for steering left and right about a 50% decrease in response time and is currently waiting for fuel 

a0ece4b87b6c9bff7c91e92a3db5b530.png

DAMAGE ASSESMENT:

that's all the damage the dart took after its tumble down the hill the rest of the way XD tough little speeder regardless of the damage it took. im gonna drive it until it cant drive no more in style >:) 

fbca841ac8ecdfed598d4a2e23a86c22.png 

i will post my map latter tomorrow as its 2:00 am in the morning compiling all of this data together i can tell you that this little craft can go far on one fuel tank.

Edited by Lego8_bit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MISSION DAY 2: OPERATION SPEED SQUIRT IS A GO!

930e8f392d8f0dc3fe574eb5d64c0815.png

the tanker is planning on a rondevu with the land speeder hopefully we wont have any issues with the refueling mission as long as the speeder gets any fuel it will be a success as there is a refueling outpost up at the north pole that it will top up at.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*UPDATE* OPERATION SQUIRT WAS A FAILURE :/ due to the compact design of the land speeder and the not long enough stick to transfer fuel the damage was done now on one hand i had a revert on me witch i used because if i hadn't the land speeder would have been out of commission as the refuler destroyed the engine along with it own right side of its own engine was damaged in the process

Now i am doing it differently as i rebuild the refuler from scratch its going to be a drop rover design or in other words going to be transported by rocket :D aka OPERATION DROP BOMB

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

95619e139a2fd2ece36136a63ffe59de.png

OPERATION DROP BOMB IS NOW ONLINE AD READY TO GO >:p wish me luck

Edited by Lego8_bit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.