[1.3] MaErDa Corp : Dev Blog V0.97

Warsoul

11 hours ago, ShavedBanana said:

There seems to be an issue with where the cockpit is currently placed on the BL2 Pod 1, it seems to be inverted.

Yeah i fixed this but i found an issue on the same part when we revert flight, i'm on this. The rocket disapear and we lost our kerbal ! So watch out ! Save before try it or simply don't use it for now until we found a fix for this. Thanks.

Thank for the reports ! Appreciated. Do you found others issues ? Beta ! These dammit Beta :wink:

20 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

If you want modders to use your parts, you should open up the license.

Most of my models will be used in BastarZ BattleZ. So i can't open my license for shared non-commercial. I wish but i will have somes issues later. I mean being accessible to ones using mods in KsP or modders who want help under theses restrictions. It's sad i know. I plan to release a pack of basics models for modders under No licenses at all when i finished to fill the MaErDa Techtree. Because for now it's almost empty.

On 08/05/2017 at 4:32 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi do you have plugins running any part of that craft?  I've seen similar things happen when a part module is destroyed and the code fails to catch the exceptions,  Check the KSP.log,   

Did you have that bug ? I have to made an custom IVA on BL2 Pod 1 too. For now i slammed the Inline Cockpit in it, Maybe it's the issue ?

Edited by Warsoul

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Was there anything in the log?  I'm half expecting there to be a, look rotation vector = zero, error,  which could, perhaps,  indicate a problem with the gear, I gather from your (mod)parts list that you've made your own gear,  is it separate from the ship or built in? (edit ignore that i 've just watched video again and see craft is 9 parts, so gear is presumably surface attach)

( ps if you're interested,  I'd be happy to get your point defense turret BDA ready)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/eual8c2ar7rg725/Turret_BL2.zip

10 hours ago, Warsoul said:

Yeah i fixed this but i found an issue on the same part when we revert flight, i'm on this. The rocket disapear and we lost our kerbal ! So watch out ! Save before try it or simply don't use it for now until we found a fix for this. Thanks.

Thank for the reports ! Appreciated. Do you found others issues ? Beta ! These dammit Beta :wink:

Haven't actually seen the current bug with the pod, i just attached some anti grav wheels to the pod and drove it around for a while and eventually noticed the bug otherwise i haven't noticed anything else, it would be nice if the pod was compatible for stock parts though, they hover off the pod which is slightly annoying and also making a separate tab in the building menu would also be nice (I had some issues trying to find all the parts).

4 hours ago, ShavedBanana said:

Haven't actually seen the current bug with the pod, i just attached some anti grav wheels to the pod and drove it around for a while and eventually noticed the bug otherwise i haven't noticed anything else, it would be nice if the pod was compatible for stock parts though, they hover off the pod which is slightly annoying and also making a separate tab in the building menu would also be nice (I had some issues trying to find all the parts).

What do you mean not compatible ? I fixed the orientation and the collider mesh who fit better when concaved. I will upload it for you. Do you noticed anything else with others parts ?

6 minutes ago, Warsoul said:

What do you mean not compatible ? I fixed the orientation and the collider mesh who fit better when concaved. I will upload it for you. Do you noticed anything else with others parts ?

The main thing I tried was fins which only stuck to the front like canrads, anything in the back hovered off awkwardly, anything in the middle also had some issues with hovering

1 hour ago, ShavedBanana said:

The main thing I tried was fins which only stuck to the front like canrads, anything in the back hovered off awkwardly, anything in the middle also had some issues with hovering

That was the bad collider mesh wich included the wings. Now the wings are excluded so the concave collider fit better.

5 minutes ago, Warsoul said:

That was the bad collider mesh wich included the wings. Now the wings are excluded so the concave collider fit better.

It'll probably take a little work but if you can somehow make the small fins in the back of the pod actually have their own separate mesh and physics you can make them into their own control surface which will eliminate the need for stock fins to be used and it'll make it more convenient to not have to worry about it

Edited by ShavedBanana

If i change the mesh it will destroy the textures. I usually place a wing between them it look really cool.

But this is not real wings but radiators to cooldown the engine who's near the cockpit.

Edited by Warsoul

I have theses 3 Executor Engines almost ready to release.

Spoiler

The new high Tech Engine from MaErDa Corp. Inspired by the Haas 2CA and his Executor Engine .

High Tech LFO Engine

+Good Atmospheric lifting power

+Good Engine Gimbal 3 degree

+Light Weight

-Medium Orbit Thrust

-High Cost

-High Tech

-Weak Collision Tolerance

Executor Engine Type 2 https://sketchfab.com/models/b95e452a54ac434b96729d834cd5617b

Spoiler

The new high Tech Engine from MaErDa Corp. Inspired by the Haas 2CA and his Executor Engine .

High Tech LFO Engine

+Good Orbit Thrust

+Excellent Engine Gimbal 4 degree

+Light Weight

-Medium Atmospheric lifting power

-High Cost

-High Tech

Executor Engine Type 3 : https://sketchfab.com/models/56a031743744457b8e3300e333c3bc53

Spoiler

The new high Tech Engine from MaErDa Corp. Inspired by the Haas 2CA and his Executor Engine.

High Tech LFO Engine + AirBreathing Engine

+Double Engine Mode : LFO or LFO+Airbreathing

++Excellent Atmospheric lifting power

+Good Engine Gimbal 5 degree

-Heavy Weight

–Low Orbit Thrust

-High Cost

–High Tech

Has to be balanced to fit the Sketchfab descriptions.

Need to made an custom FX for linear engine

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x610a1x9ysebs7j/MaErDa_Executor_Pack_Unbalanced.zip

Edited by Warsoul

make a drone core or unmanned pod or remote guidance for your mod

you shoud put that in my post i havent follow this post

On 2017-5-9 at 7:25 PM, Warsoul said:

18379468_761495357388686_773702580_o.jpg

That's how RWT2 will look inside the VAB ! I will try to fake an PBR Metallic shader to simulate metal parts on it. It's sad Ksp won't use PBR shaders ! I'm on it !

On 2017-5-9 at 7:35 PM, Warsoul said:

18379259_761499110721644_113196595_o.jpg

This is better or you want darker metal ?

18379066_761500897388132_1374187083_o.png?oh=552199a018323a35ebae69f2c3ce2a7d&oe=5913BBE7Plug this into your color slot or edit the Color map to give it some retouch.

8 hours ago, Warsoul said:

If i change the mesh it will destroy the textures. I usually place a wing between them it look really cool.

But this is not real wings but radiators to cooldown the engine who's near the cockpit.

Forgot about textures, either way the pod is still pretty good, looks nice too, excited to see everything else get put in especially the bombs

On 9-5-2017 at 1:14 PM, Warsoul said:

Most of my models will be used in BastarZ BattleZ. So i can't open my license for shared non-commercial. I wish but i will have somes issues later. I mean being accessible to ones using mods in KsP or modders who want help under theses restrictions. It's sad i know. I plan to release a pack of basics models for modders under No licenses at all when i finished to fill the MaErDa Techtree. Because for now it's almost empty.

Alright, but what about sone limited distribution license where you only grant right ti distribute your parts in their parts pack.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.