Devnote Tuesday: Many hands make light work!

SQUAD

3 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

Hidden things? Like sentience?  Sounds like they might become self-aware...

More like easter eggs I'm sure.  This is basically duplication of a ScanSat feature.

Edited by Alshain

These DevNotes are quite interesting. New fonts, keystroke options, default throttle options, smarter probes cores (is a T-800 core next?), and more! Sounds great!

44 minutes ago, Iamsodarncool said:

Indeed. There are several mods from each I'd love to see become stock.

Sill waiting for KAC and TWP to become stock. Stick them in the tech tree somewhere. How about it, @TriggerAu?

1 hour ago, SQUAD said:

so we took this opportunity to honour the astronaut Gus Grissom with a new Easter egg in the next release.

A Mk1 capsule on the bottom of the ocean? :cool:

29 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

How about thise exploding lander legs?  Fixed???

And, before smjjames says again, "it's a known issue"; yes, we know it is.  I even reported it during beta.  But, is it fixed???

Well, it's that or more airplane parts. Knowing Squad, an easy choice, no?

1 hour ago, FullMetalMachinist said:

Honesty I think it has less to do with who is on the team, and more is the simple fact that there are more people on the team. More bodies mean that there is more dev time to add more of these little quality of life things. 

Now, I'm not degrading the efforts of the newer/current team, just saying that it's bigger, and simple numbers say that more things are likely to get done quicker. 

I think if you compare development priorities and interface choices these days versus a couple years ago you will see differences. The beauty of KSP is we keep evolving. :)

4 hours ago, SQUAD said:

...the matter of Gus Kerman... we all agreed that it would be better if it were changed...

My sincere thanks for this.

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

A Mk1 capsule on the bottom of the ocean?

Just make sure to leave the hatch off.

35 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

I think if you compare development priorities and interface choices these days versus a couple years ago you will see differences. The beauty of KSP is we keep evolving. :)

Oh, I have no doubt that goals and opinions about what could and should be in the game change over time, and the people who are present when those decisions are made have an impact on that. I'm not disputing that, and I'm not saying that one era of the development of this game is better than another. 

I just think that having more people on-hand at one time makes it easier to get all these pet projects into the game quicker than what was possible before. Admittedly, I'm not a programmer or game dev of any kind, so what do I know? :P It just seems that there was a long time that Squad was short-staffed, and almost all of the available dev time was very precious.  Which to me seems like that would be the bigger contributing factor, i.e. "what can we get in the game" is more important than "what would we like to be in the game."  

3 hours ago, Laguna said:

Nyan Cat mysteriously starts appearing around the KSC....

:wink:

I nominate my cat instead

2 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

How about thise exploding lander legs?  Fixed???

And, before smjjames says again, "it's a known issue"; yes, we know it is.  I even reported it during beta.  But, is it fixed???

You do know that wheel fixes are coming right? Landing legs use the same code.

25 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

You do know that wheel fixes are coming right?

Do we? I do not see any mention of "developer x fixed the issues with wheels/landing gears" in the dev notes.

24 minutes ago, cfds said:

Do we? I do not see any mention of "developer x fixed the issues with wheels/landing gears" in the dev notes.

That was a few weeks back when we fully updated VPP and ripped out wheel blocking. We also caught an issue this week where two of the landing legs were not exported with proper layers, which was causing EVA kerbals to blow them up on contact...and probably causing them to be more unstable than they should have been.

So when Sarbian is now part of the dev team that means the end for module manager; the really most important thing for the whole mod community?
Like most Mods are dying after the creator got involved and especially after they leave the dev team.

Is it my imagination, or is an increasingly large % of Squad's dev team made up of modders? Not that I'm criticising, it means they've all been pre-selected for competence and enthusiasm and I like to see their hard work rewarded :)

3 hours ago, cfds said:

even then, is anyone quite not experienced enough to judge promises like 'bugs been fixed' ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.