Accelerate time during maneuver

Hello,

I am placing some satellites in orbit around planets but i haven't take enough fuel for several missions, so i have to put my satellites in orbit with the electric reactor which is not powerful at all so the maneuver take literraly hours. I know that's it's impossible to accelerate time when the speed is increasing but in my case the speed slow down, is there any way to make these maneuver faster or will i have to let my computer running for 2hrs ?

Sorry if this qestion has already been asked i didn't find an answer  when doing a research.
(and i apologize for my average english)

Thank you! 

Welcome to the forums!  :)

Yes, you can make it go faster... but only up to a maximum of 4 times normal speed.  Hold the ALT key while pressing ".".

Explanation:

There are two kinds of warp available in KSP:  "physics warp" and "regular" warp.

Regular warp is available in speeds of 5x, 10x, 50x, 100x, 1000x, 10000x, and 100000x.  So you can go really fast-- but it's limited.  You can only use it if you're landed (and not moving), or if you're in a vacuum.  And you can't be running engines while it's doing it.

Physics warp means that the game engine is running all its usual physics calculations, but time goes a lot faster.  This is what you get when you're in atmosphere, when you're either airborne or else moving over the surface.

Normally, the game will automatically do regular warp if it's in space (or landed and stationary), physics warp otherwise.  However, you can force it to do physics warp by holding down the ALT key and then pressing ".".

So, if you want to speed up time during your burn, just do that.  You can go to 2x, 3x, or 4x.

A word of caution:  ships get jittery at the higher physics warps.  Depending on your ship design, it may even damage itself.  So if you have a very big and floppy ship design, and/or very powerful high-thrust engines, and/or lots of reaction torque, you may want to be careful going up to 4x.  However, if you have a low-power engine (such as you describe), it's probably fine.

Thank you Mr Tartigrade, it worked! And thanks for the explanation i dodn't realize there was two different kind of warp!

@Spricigo Good to know because it was still long! But my satellite were very unstable so i'm not sure about 20x! ^_^'

Edited by Azaleh

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.