[1.12.0] KrakenScience 1.0 [2020-01-15]

Well

This mod is awesome!

I would like to see more space only experiments at the end game level of the mod tree for space. The game lacks space station fun without mods.

couple of ideas for you if you don't mind:

Kraken Particle Smasher

-reskin of adv. reaction wheel, large

-1000 science category, experimental electrics

-Near-Space Science Report: Our attempts to see the finite structure of the universe has been successful. The mysteries of the multi-verse are within our grasps!

-High-Space Science Report: Our research has discovered an anomaly in the fabric of space-time...

Tentacle Biology Lab (your sample cardboard box supplier) and/or Dimensional Gate

=reskin of PPD-12 Cupola Module, if both sound cool then this would be similar to the specimens for more options, but removal of reaction wheel from module would probably be preferable if done. Redundant features.

=1000 science category, experimental science

-Lab Near-Space Science Report: The tentacles are sluggish and docile. We need better results, but it is important not to overstimulate the specimens...

-Lab High-Space Science Report: The tentacles are multiplying at an alarming rate. Prepare the specimen containers!

-Gate Near-Space Science Report: We can't seem to hold the dimensional gate open for very long...

-Gate High-Space Science Report: ALERT!ALERT!ALERT!**** The gate alarm!? Something is coming out! Contain it for the specimen labs!

Tentacle Incubators

=reskin of Fuel Cell Array

=1000 science category, experimental science

-Near-Space Science Report: Kerbin's gravity is slowing the tentacle's growth rate. 

-High-Space Science Report: The tentacles have multiplied in the low gravity. This warrants further testing.

Each of these could have different science descriptions for the planets and moons. Maybe the Kraken samples prefer other places besides Kerbin...? This would also open up a possibility to expand into a KIS system with continuity if you ever chose to; where your Gate produces alpha samples, which could then be used in the Incubator to make beta samples for the Smasher experiment and the Labs for making your Specimen, Sample Box, Racks and Scanner science experiments off-world. I think you have a lot of potential here to take this mod far. Please keep up the amazing work.

Edited by Nexhouhn
spelling derp

Thank you @Nexhouhn 

I go still developed this mod, but I wish to realize my own model 3d on blender, I have some ideas for the suite. I would wish especially focus on the science and the study of krakens!

Thank you for quite your proposals ! 
:P

(Paid attention on you, with the experimental version 1.2 Krakens is released)  :D

2 hours ago, Well said:

Thank you @Nexhouhn 

I go still developed this mod, but I wish to realize my own model 3d on blender, I have some ideas for the suite. I would wish especially focus on the science and the study of krakens!

(Paid attention on you, with the experimental version 1.2 Krakens is released)  :D

Do you have any specific ideas for what sort of Kraken science you want? I assume things like studying their biology, their origin, etc.

I know there is a planet with the Kraken easter egg on it - perhaps have experiments that require the player journey there, that only work there, as a sort of final endgame for the parts in the mod?

@CobaltWolf The reports value of the Kraken Scanner, fluctuate according to the position of the ester egg of the kraken.

For the end of career, I have to think in a kind of rtg very powerful, has basis of luminescent Kraken in a jar or a container, a device getting the energy of the kraken. (Clone or specimen?)

I would like a big specimen of kraken, an experience which would bring back a little more science, but which would ask for more efforts (impressive and heavy parts! Kraken in an aquarium?)

At the moment I do not still arrive has to make of animations. :(

If you have some ideas on experiments on themes of Kraken I am interested. :wink:

On 9/13/2016 at 2:29 PM, Well said:

Thank you @Nexhouhn 

Awesome! You know I was having difficult time trying to figure out how to reskin something towards my ideas... Glad to hear you want to go with original work :cool:

Edited by Nexhouhn

I have to decide to redo completely mods with new models and parts

Some simple parts for the moment, samples of eye of skin and tentacle! :P

I chose a name of company and a logo, but not speaking English good(well) I would like to know if it does not shock:

Glowing Kraken Industries

sfqBxoG.jpg

14 minutes ago, Well said:

I have to decide to redo completely mods with new models and parts

Some simple parts for the moment, samples of eye of skin and tentacle! :P

I chose a name of company and a logo, but not speaking English good(well) I would like to know if it does not shock:

Glowing Kraken Industries

Looking great! And the name sounds fine. :)

@Well I must start off with obligatory internet praise. While that is a bit tongue and cheek, I really do like this mod and think it is great as is, but also shows a lot of promise through your continued development. I personally prefer career mode and as such, quite like sciency mods. I have the standard DMagic and SCAN Sat as well as a few others and those are great, but not very 'Kerbal' if you will. Your mod seems to be both kerbal and plays off a well known if little understood player meme, so I find this mod both interesting and incredibly clever.

I look forward to see where you take it.  

Having used the mod almost since you have released it, I have noticed a few things and took the liberty of modifying my personal config files. I won't post them of course, but thought I might mention them as possible suggestions. In making my changes, I made them so that they made my personal play through more enjoyable, but did consciously try to stay true to the intent of your mod. Basically, I deliberately tried to complement it rather than change it in any significantly fundamental way.

I won't go through all the changes, but I tweaked some of the science reward payouts of some of the experiments, made some of the experiments transmittable for more value and reduced the overall science cap on some so they do not have to repeated several times to get the full science reward. 

The two suggestions I do have though, is 1) to make the Kraken specific experiments (not the Cardboard box, color sample etc.) function similar to the Mystery Goo and Materials bay in that they are not resetable without a Scientist. 2) Make the C-band radar have a higher transmit value similar to the way would likely work in real life. Unless it was intentionally, then just leave it as is. 

Love the mod.

Cheers,

I am happy that the mod interests you, we have not always a lot of thanking. :rolleyes:

I had planned to revise the points of science, and the function of reset.

Certain experiment indeed works as the mystery goo, not giving all the science all at once, it does not please me.

I also find that it misses a pack of science stock a like, and except Dmagic, there is really of mod no science orginal

Overview of the next update:

hIamdsR.jpg

I had imagined to put negative effects on the parts of specimen of Kraken to feign their power. I do not know if it is a good idea. Drag, electric or other consumptions...

After all the study of krakens should not be without danger.

What do you think?

Thank @MagicFireCaster, I think that the number of scientific experiment for the mod is sufficient for the TechTree.

The next step of my mod would be to propose unscientific parts but interesting, stemming from the technology of krakens studied throughout the career.

I especially wish to have of attractive interesting and funny parts to be unlock at the end of the tree of technology, far too empty in stock game.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Modding question:

Does anybody know how to apply a constant electric consumption to a scientific experiment?

While waiting for the release of the version 1.2, I added to the future update 0.4, a present has to unlock at the end of career.

A Kraken Generator  (Big RTG:)  I hope you enjoy

kNDuRlc.jpg

Edited by Well

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2016 at 6:05 PM, Well said:

I had imagined to put negative effects on the parts of specimen of Kraken to feign their power. I do not know if it is a good idea. Drag, electric or other consumptions...

After all the study of krakens should not be without danger.

What do you think?

How about heat radiation?

That can be very dangerous.

3 hours ago, Well said:

@BT Industries Yes it is a good idea, but I do not know how to code, I cannot add this feature.

No need to code...

... have a look at the stock RTG .cfg file.

The RTG heats up parts around it.

I think it would be cool to have to attach radiators to your craft because kraken generator is producing so much heat...

10 hours ago, BT Industries said:

No need to code...

... have a look at the stock RTG .cfg file.

The RTG heats up parts around it.

I think it would be cool to have to attach radiators to your craft because kraken generator is producing so much heat...

Oh, you speak about "heat", OK yes I shall add the moduleCoreHeat to KrakenGenerator

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.