Why is this game still on the market place?

ChillingCammy

Seriously, why even sell the game on console at this point. Its not doing anyone any good.

Also, shutting down angry threads suggests you guys can't handle the heat. Let us be angry. I feel you guys should have been prepared for this as I am confident you knew full well it was unplayable. We have waited so long for this game on console, to wait another few months (which I am pretty confident it will take before the game is playable) for release would have been nothing. Instead a lot of people are unhappy with an unfinished product.

Just bad PR all around.

I bought it a couple of days ago on XB1. I'be never played it before.

I'm seriously addicted. Yeah, there's a couple bugs that annoy me (losing the ability to set maneuvers and having to save and reboot the game is the biggest one). But I have never played it before, so have no expectations. 

As a big Minecraft player on PC frustrated by the limitations of the XB1 version, I know where you're coming from, but remember that expectations for new vs. experienced players is vastly different.

Since this game is on the Marketplace, the community found at least one new fan not too fussed by the problems and expecting patches to improve things. Not so bad.

It's already more playable on console than it was when I started playing it on PC, for what it's worth. vOv

As for locking threads, there's a few things going on there:

- We have rules about treating everyone else on the forum with respect and without accusations, whether users, staff or Squad itself. Accusations of dishonesty or scamming fall into this category. Critique the state of the game as much as you like, but namecalling will not be tolerated.

- We also have a rule about requests for release dates of future versions of KSP, which is even more relevant to the console releases as Squad doesn't control the whole release process.

- No one is telling anyone not to be upset, I certainly sympathize with those who are unsatisfied with the console versions. Being upset, however, does not entitle a user to ignore our forum rules.

- Very few threads have actually been closed on the topic, and others have remained open.

Preemptive: Discussing moderation policy is fine, but we don't discuss individual moderation actions publicly. If there is a specific case you would like to discuss then PM a moderator about it. 

18 hours ago, ChillingCammy said:

Seriously, why even sell the game on console at this point. Its not doing anyone any good.

Also, shutting down angry threads suggests you guys can't handle the heat. Let us be angry. I feel you guys should have been prepared for this as I am confident you knew full well it was unplayable. We have waited so long for this game on console, to wait another few months (which I am pretty confident it will take before the game is playable) for release would have been nothing. Instead a lot of people are unhappy with an unfinished product.

Just bad PR all around.

As far as I understand it, businesses of all types often have completion/release dates forced on them by factors other than what you would like. Houses must be built by a certain date otherwise all contractor contracts must be renewed, vastly increasing costs. Movies must be released before another very similar movie which would wipe out revenue. Products must be pushed to production before the third-party manufacturer needs to start on a run on another product from another company. So they released the console version a few months before you'd have preferred.

To be honest though, KSP itself isn't really finished, and potentially still has several months/a year/a couple years to go before it is. I don't particularly like this as I have been playing on and off for years waiting for it to be complete, BUT it is a unique game/sim, the developers have satisfied me that they are competent and do their best for us, I've already got far more than my money's worth etc. so I dont tend to lose too much sleep over it.

My 2 cents worth on the issues (for what they are worth).

I feel more forgiving towards the devs at Squad as its a tiny team compared to the major games companies out there.  As mentioned above, there are various pressures on companies to deliver the product by a fixed date.  Considering that some of those big developers, with teams of hundreds working on a single project have released some buggy or unfinished games, I can cut KSP a little slack.

Of course it's annoying when a game as wonderful and addictive as this has issues that make you want to tear your hair out.  It's a natural response to want to take to the forums to vent some of that frustration.  Considering the amount of effort I've seen go into the game since I first came across it, I'm sure Squad are working on ironing out the problems as quickly as they can.

As ever, it's better to take a breath and count to 10 before hitting the "submit" button! (Not that, IMO you're guilty of being excessive in your comments)

Edited by Clipperride

If 1 person sees the stink I have been making and decides to wait to buy, or not buy at all, I will be glad.

I will keep your warning in mind, Iron, however I hope it is very clear I don't care about Squad's feelings. They are a company that has delivered me defective goods. They are not my friends.

Is it possible to claim my purchase of KSP on my tax returns? Seems like everyone here is convinced this is a not for profit.

1 hour ago, Clipperride said:

(Not that, IMO you're guilty of being excessive in your comments)

I hear you but I will keep pushing the envelope unless a mod has something to say. It's my choice to be excessive 

5 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

- We also have a rule about requests for release dates of future versions of KSP, which is even more relevant to the console releases as Squad doesn't control the whole release process.

Wait, you don't control the releases? Then who does?

5 minutes ago, Crocket said:

Wait, you don't control the releases? Then who does?

Releases for console likely have some sort of approval process outside of Squad, much like how I have to get approval from the iStore or Play Store to release our app.

2 years of non stop KSP fun

I got No Man's Sky and the hype was gone in less than a week

I am back now for another 2 years of uninterrupted Kerbal madness

I need no other explanation for why this game is still on the market :D

15 hours ago, ChillingCammy said:

If 1 person sees the stink I have been making and decides to wait to buy, or not buy at all, I will be glad.

I will keep your warning in mind, Iron, however I hope it is very clear I don't care about Squad's feelings. They are a company that has delivered me defective goods. They are not my friends.

Is it possible to claim my purchase of KSP on my tax returns? Seems like everyone here is convinced this is a not for profit.

I hear you but I will keep pushing the envelope unless a mod has something to say. It's my choice to be excessive 

Truth!

Squad/Flying Tiger are product delivery systems not our 'mates'. There are no acceptable excuses for releasing a full priced broken game.

I hope you console chaps get a working game because when it works KSP is glorious.

Edited by Majorjim!

7 hours ago, Kaa253 said:

2 years of non stop KSP fun

I got No Man's Sky and the hype was gone in less than a week

I am back now for another 2 years of uninterrupted Kerbal madness

I need no other explanation for why this game is still on the market :D

I get the distinct feeling your missing something. This topic is NOT about the PC/Mac version of KSP but rather about the horrible travesty that's been released to consoles.
Current PC/Mac versions of KSP are also a bugged nightmare but the port to console should never have happened.

Edited by Tex_NL

1 minute ago, Tex_NL said:

I get the distinct feeling your missing something. This topic is NOT about the PC/Mac version of KSP. It's about the horrible travesty that's been released to consoles.

Yes correct & sorry. My bad. I broke a rule/habit and posted before I finished reading all the posts in the thread :blush:

Yeah man there is a problem. We expected a finished game! 

Guys I get that Squad has treated old PC players well but they can't endure as a company if new players are turned off by a shoddy port 

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Here we go again; there's a problem so let's bash down Squad's door baring pitchforks and torches rather than help fix the problem.

What kind of help do you expect of us? We've reported more bugs than you can shake a stick at. 

10 minutes ago, ChillingCammy said:
10 minutes ago, ChillingCammy said:

Guys I get that Squad has treated old PC players well but they can't endure as a company if new players are turned off by a shoddy port 

What kind of help do you expect of us? We've reported more bugs than you can shake a stick at. 

For one, I expect better bug reporting. Complaining isn't bug fixing. Another thing is that its equally your fault. You failed to do research on a game that on it's PRIMARY platform is already buggy, so you assumed it would work on a new platform. So you can stop acting like this is solely Squad's fault. If your going to throw your money at something without looking then it's your own fault.

These are the types of posts that make General Discussion look like such a toxic place.

1. This is their forum, not a YouTube comment section. Free speech does not equal to being able to throw insults and pitchforks at a company.

2. If you want Squad's developers to look at your complaints seriously, post a damn bug report instead of accusing Squad of rushing the game. ("Unfinished" and "rushed"? What do you think they'll get from that? Hmm?)

1 minute ago, ZooNamedGames said:

For one, I expect better bug reporting. Complaining isn't bug fixing. Another thing is that its equally your fault. You failed to do research on a game that on it's PRIMARY platform is already buggy, so you assumed it would work on a new platform. So you can stop acting like this is solely Squad's fault. If your going to throw your money at something without looking then it's your own fault.

Sorry man but that's total bull poop. 

When you pay full price for a game, a product you should be right to expect it to work. 

It's supposed to be a finished product on a system that does not have any hardware variations. There is no excuse for it not to work. Blaming the consumer is as hilarious as it is ridiculous.

Flying tiger messed up the release pure and simple. How can they or anyone justify putting up with paying full price, attempting to enjoy the payed for product only to have hours of work wasted when saves become corrupted. It is unacceptable!  

Just now, Majorjim! said:

Sorry man but that's total bull poop. 

When you pay full price for a game, a product you should be right to expect it to work. 

It's supposed to be a finished product on a system that does not have any hardware variations. There is no excuse for it not to work. Blaming the consumer is as hilarious as it is ridiculous.

Flying tiger messed up the release pure and simple. How can they or anyone justify putting up with paying full price, attempting to enjoy the payed for product only to have hours of work wasted when saves become corrupted. It is unacceptable!  

You paid full price for KSP... it "works" when you discount the bugs you experience which may or may not be game breaking.

It's a finished product which is in development. You shouldn't expect the first version of any game to be flawless. Even AAA games with $100mil+ budgets have broken first releases. Why would something as small as KSP be different?

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

You paid full price for KSP... it "works" when you discount the bugs you experience which may or may not be game breaking.

It's a finished product which is in development. You shouldn't expect the first version of any game to be flawless. Even AAA games with $100mil+ budgets have broken first releases. Why would something as small as KSP be different?

Buddy do you even console

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.