Why is this game still on the market place?

ChillingCammy

16 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Nearly a year with a AAA title game. So yeah, Squad's a saint compared to companies with multi-billion dollar budgets.

There are a lot of game companies with small budgets that don't display the lack of quality that Squad is showing here, cherry picking those that would make Squad look favorable is fallacious.

1 minute ago, ChillingCammy said:

Well I ain't two things

Religious or patient with people who take my money and not deliver. 

tumblr_nyj61jSaMW1u3utbbo1_500.gif

Well you threw your money into a business you didn't research. Many games are released with bugs in the initial release, it's foolish to assume a AA title would when AAA titles with billions of dollars also have issues.

23 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Well you threw your money into a business you didn't research. Many games are released with bugs in the initial release, it's foolish to assume a AA title would when AAA titles with billions of dollars also have issues.

What's with all the posts telling people to be patient and calling them foolish or childish for buying KSP on console and expecting it to work? You just like talking down to people? You obviously like the game or you wouldn't have 7,000 posts on here. Do you even own the game on console or are you just here like the other couple guys, looking to defend KSP from any criticism, however justified it may be? It may be possible that somebody else had a different experience than you and it's going to be okay. 

1 hour ago, AlamoVampire said:

Just so its said: "forum: noun: a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged."

now that the obvious is said.

we all have a right to put our opinion in writing. We have a right as a paying customer to expect certain things.

We can expect a company to honor its obligations. We can expect the product or service to work as described and sold to us. We have a right to address our concerns to those whom deal with customer concerns. We have a right to demand refunds unless told in a clear and explicit manner to the contrary.

If a company is such that it cannot handle dissenting opinions that it employs methods or agents to silence, abridge, alter or otherwise strike from the public record those dissenting opinions there is a much more serious issue at hand than a game not working in a manner you expect. (Edit not saying thats happening, the action this paragraph describes)

Further it is insulting to those seeking redress to said issues to ignore or tell them to be patient. As said before they like you or I have every right to obtain a product that works correctly and as advertised.

You realize that squad runs these fourms and that you agreed to follow certain rules when you created this account? they are allowed to remove threads, posts and other content that violates this agreement

ok...this is odd. nevertheless.

@insert_name Here is the thing. This is a forum, by its definition, its a way for us to discuss our thoughts and opinions and views. As I said, now I am quoting myself:  We can expect a company to honor its obligations. We can expect the product or service to work as described and sold to us. We have a right to address our concerns to those whom deal with customer concerns. We have a right to demand refunds unless told in a clear and explicit manner to the contrary."

Squad has a reputation. Whether that is good or bad or w/e is what it is. We have a right to expect and DEMAND that what we buy works. period. We have a right to discuss that in a forum, namely THIS forum. It is what a forum is for. You cannot have an honest debate or conversation about something if the company you are discussing consistently removes negative views. It creates a false image, and when more people see said false image, it creates more backlash, more bad press and around we go. Now, is that happening here? Not that I have seen, but, rules or no, it behooves Squad to watch what we say and adjust accordingly. Its good and smart business to do that.

Hiding dissenting opinions, again, ive not seen a whole lot of that here, maybe once or twice, but, something more was wrong with those instances than negative views. 

You would not say, go to a car dealership and buy a car, that is advertised at having 500 bhp and 400mpg only to find out that its 200bhp and 1mpg and NOT create some bad press. its why lemon laws are a thing. The thing is, the climate as a WHOLE in this industry is one where we accept such inaccuracies and games with bugs and the like <by bugs i mean things that shatter the games playability like say the wheel block thing, or the ctd's thats been going on lately as examples> and game companies are complacent that we wont make too much a fuss over it. No. We need to make a fuss, we need to take stands. its the only way the culture we gamers have allowed to happen.

Edited by Deddly
Fixed the quote box :)

Now, is that happening here? Not that I have seen... again, ive not seen a whole lot of that here, maybe once or twice... 

Now that we've established that's not happening here, please get back to the actual topic of the thread. 

Are you still going on about the wheel block thing?  I specifically remember you saying you'd stop wedging that into every, single, conversation.  I specifically remember you agreeing to stop bawling everywhere when your one-man crusade netted not the sympathy you expected but a large number of people sick and tired of it.  You changed your tagline to "I am broken" and stopped -- for about 5 minutes.

No, you do not need to "make a fuss".  Not where you're variously preaching to the choir or impeding real conversation.  Did you ever post on the bug tracker?  Being a PC user, you can actually help if you choose to.  Or just make "noise".

Edited by Corona688

Seeing as this thread seems unable to stay away from personal attacks this evening, it's time for a break. Closing this for a few hours so everyone can cool down.

Edit: Reopened. Please keep it civil, if you are making a post about a user's post here that is fine. If you are posting about the character or personality of the other poster, please do not bother.

Edited by Red Iron Crown

14 hours ago, ChillingCammy said:

Why are you OK with paying for something that doesn't work, @nascarlaser1?

It's like SQUAD is a family friend instead of a Mexican advertising company. 

A couple of Google searches suggests SQUAD isn't the nicest company in the world either... rip off their employees why nawt rip off their customers too... 

I got the game when 1.0 came out. Then 1.1.3 came out a few months later, which is the update with the bug. I just didn't bother updating yet. The only difference (excluding the bug) between 1.0 and 1.1.3 are a few bits ands pieces, and bug updates. 1.0's only issue is that it lags a little. So, I didn't pay for something that's broken, nor do I encourage doing so, I am just saying that if the game is bugged, you will have to wait. Not 4 weeks ago squad updated console, which in my opinion is pretty darn fast considering it only came out earlier this year. Give them time, and they will come.

14 hours ago, chimpbone said:

You guys need to let people have their opinions. That is what this forum is for. Just because you share a different opinion than someone or are having a different experience with the game doesn't mean you can just belittle people. You have no place to tell other people to be patient or not. You can tell yourself to be patient, but we certainly don't need you guys telling us how to feel. If you think you are adding something to the discussion by putting down other people's feelings or opinion, you are mistaken. 

I am not attempting to put down people's feelings or opinions, I am just stating that console is not the only device with a game breaking bug. They have released multiple patches for console already, which in my opinion is very fast for a game that was only released 2 months ago (if even, don't know whether it was June or July it was released to console.

10 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

We have a right to expect and DEMAND that what we buy works. period. We have a right to discuss that in a forum, namely THIS forum.

No, you don't. Squad can demand that every post here be about cheese and enforce that demand. You have no right to discuss anything here; you are granted the privilege of doing so.

`Why is this thread still on the forum?` is a question that could be asked now, it`s not working in the way it was meant to when it was put on and is full of discussions which can`t be resolved as they are about opinion...

40 minutes ago, John FX said:

`Why is this thread still on the forum?` is a question that could be asked now, it`s not working in the way it was meant to when it was put on and is full of discussions which can`t be resolved as they are about opinion...

This is seriously the most unproductive thread I may have ever seen and provides nothing of value to the forums or the game. Its a broken record. I don't know why the moderators have let threads like this go on for so long. 

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

This is seriously the most unproductive thread I may have ever seen and provides nothing of value to the forums or the game. Its a broken record. I don't know why the moderators have let threads like this go on for so long. 

Technically we aren't doing anything bad I don't think, so I do not see why the thread would be taken down. (I am un sure of what "back seat moderation" means, so if this falls under that line I am very sorry :()

14 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Technically we aren't doing anything bad I don't think, so I do not see why the thread would be taken down. (I am un sure of what "back seat moderation" means, so if this falls under that line I am very sorry :()

Well, when the thread gets shut down for a few hours because people can't keep it civil, and it reopens to more uncivil comments and repeated complaints, arguments,  it becomes time to close it.  I could read the first 2 pages of this thread and get a good idea of what the rest of the thread talks about. 

1. "The console game is broken"

2. "be patient"

3. "we have the right to complain"

4. "Squad is not the bad guy"

5. "Yeah,  but.....  see number 1."

It's a vicious cycle,  accomplishing nothing. 

No one is right or wrong.  There are shortcoming that pc gamers don't understand and console gamers do have a right to be mad.  No need to beat a dead horse. 

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Well, when the thread gets shut down for a few hours because people can't keep it civil, and it reopens to more uncivil comments and repeated complaints, arguments,  it becomes time to close it.  I could read the first 2 pages of this thread and get a good idea of what the rest of the thread talks about. 

1. "The console game is broken"

2. "be patient"

3. "we have the right to complain"

4. "Squad is not the bad guy"

5. "Yeah,  but.....  see number 1."

It's a vicious cycle,  accomplishing nothing. 

No one is right or wrong.  There are shortcoming that pc gamers don't understand and console gamers do have a right to be mad.  No need to beat a dead horse. 

I have to mostly agree with Galileo. This thread was basically done the other day and then for reasons I will likely never understand folks started posting again seemingly for the purpose of riling people up.

At this stage I think it is well known that the console game is broken. Anyone that researches the console version will be able to find sufficient information to inform them of such. I think people's complaints about the console version are valid, but I think they have also been voiced and heard. Also, some people feel Squad isn't the bad guy, some people think Squad is...and both opinions are totally fine! The only option that people have (regardless of platform) are to seek a refund from the vendor they purchased the game from or to wait for the game be patched. Posting additional complaints at this point its ineffective because Squad is already acutely aware of the complaints which, as I mentioned before in the thread, can be evidenced by a patch being in development.

It isn't like the developers are going to see someone post another "the console version is broken" thread and say, "You know, we probably should go ahead and get around to releasing this patch I guess." They'll release it as soon as possible, undoubtedly. By that same logic, no amount of posting "You don't understand Squad! They are amazing and will fix everything just be patient!" will cause someone who is upset and feels they aren't getting their money's worth to suddenly feel mollified. 

What else is there left to say, really?

Edited by Bandus

I think it might be helpful if people take a moment and read through the following blog post. Though ostensibly about "day one patches", it is mostly about the certification process required for console games and, for me at least, answers the "why is this game still on the market place" (we don't want to/can't go through certification again) and "why didn't they put it on Xbox's version of Early Access" (Playstation doesn't have it, and we want to keep everything as similar as possible) questions. 

Certification is not something that makes sure your game is bug free, it's something you have to survive by any means necessary. Once you're through it, no company in their right mind would ever want to take a step backwards and go through it again.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/RamiIsmail/20160807/278721/Patch_the_Process.php

1 hour ago, nascarlaser1 said:

I was paraphrasing the OP but changing the reference to be the thread as an example of how you can start with one idea that changes through the input of others and the product is not what you planned although it is the product you have. It was meant to relate to the original question as though off topic posts were bugs and the amount of them would lead some to call for the thread to be locked in a similar way to the amount of bugs being a reason to pull the game from sale to consoles.

It was meant to be irony and I`m not sure but it may have been taken seriously.

To be clear, I`m not calling for threadlock.

3 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

I am not attempting to put down people's feelings or opinions, I am just stating that console is not the only device with a game breaking bug. They have released multiple patches for console already, which in my opinion is very fast for a game that was only released 2 months ago (if even, don't know whether it was June or July it was released to console.

No patches have been released for console. Not sure where you get your information, and pretty sure you don't even own KSP on console and are just here to argue. Classic. 

2 hours ago, chimpbone said:

No patches have been released for console. Not sure where you get your information, and pretty sure you don't even own KSP on console and are just here to argue. Classic. 

I do not have console, Go through all the dev notes, at least 1 on the forums is called console patch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.