Why is this game still on the market place?

ChillingCammy

3 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Then why are you talking about mods and such in your argument? plenty of games don't have mods, yet they are playable. Just because a game that was just released has a few bugs in it, does not make it unplayable. If every game that was released worked on its first try, then we would be living in a perfect universe, which we are not.

I am actually not talking about mods. Double check the thread 

10 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Plenty of console players have bought minecraft, which is often full of bugs (that's why people invented bug updates), yet you say console player buys game, and expects it to work right away. How does that make any sense, or even possible???

Does it make sense to buy a product expecting a defective one?

Minecraft, at least, didn't notoriously corrupt your saves on its first console release.

Buying the first iteration of anything is pretty daring, be it car, software, whatever- some people get that there will be recalls/issues and do it anyway. Others will hang out a bit and wait for the kinks to get worked out. I recommend being the second kind of person.

Edited by Waxing_Kibbous

1 minute ago, ChillingCammy said:

I am actually not talking about mods. Double check the thread 

My apologies. I was looking at 1 post and thinking about another, and in my mind they became 1 and the same. You are right about not talking about the mods. I am sorry for saying you did. My point still stands though.

1 minute ago, nascarlaser1 said:

My apologies. I was looking at 1 post and thinking about another, and in my mind they became 1 and the same. You are right about not talking about the mods. I am sorry for saying you did. My point still stands though.

Thank you for saying so. 

6 minutes ago, ChillingCammy said:

The apathy and acceptance of a shoddy product is sickening to me.

Moo if you believe in consumer rights

How can you expect the first release to be perfect!?!? how!?!? that doesn't even make sense unless we are in a perfect world, which I know for certain we are not!!

Just now, nascarlaser1 said:

How can you expect the first release to be perfect!?!? how!?!? that doesn't even make sense unless we are in a perfect world, which I know for certain we are not!!

Data corruption is unacceptable. I'm not complaining about the controls being complicated or frame rate stuff. The game crashes and ruins saves. 

Moo?

I don't have the console version, but I'm under the impression that the console version has a nasty bug that corrupts all your KSP save files. Given the walled-garden approach of consoles, it's not like you can backup your saves to zip file or a usb-stick, so this is not something that can be mitigated, and in my book anything that forces you to restart a career you invested dozens, if not hundreds, of hours in, seems pretty game-breaking in my book.

People are not expecting a bug free version. Heck, the “base” version of the game isn't bug free, it would be foolish to expect the console version to be superior in that respect. Of course there's the nasty aspect that some (wheel/gear) bugs are now mitigated through mods, something you can't do on the console, but the lack of mods was known upfront. And while every game has bugs, the kind of bugs that render your all your saves unplayable would get a... special kind of attention if Bethesda, Rockstar, Activision or any of the other large publisher would pull of a stunt like that.

Guess Squad should just quit working. They made one bad first initial release into a market they've never ventured into before. Not to mention new console and platforms. 

Ah well. They tried but they failed so they're attempts don't matter. Years of work worthless. 

Guess they can't redeem themselves for one failure which honestly was to be expected as again they've never worked with it before.

Ah well guys. At least we enjoyed KSP while it lasted... Oh wait according to you we didn't. 

Baaaa.

Just now, Kerbart said:

I don't have the console version, but I'm under the impression that the console version has a nasty bug that corrupts all your KSP save files. Given the walled-garden approach of consoles, it's not like you can backup your saves to zip file or a usb-stick, so this is not something that can be mitigated, and in my book anything that forces you to restart a career you invested dozens, if not hundreds, of hours in, seems pretty game-breaking in my book.

People are not expecting a bug free version. Heck, the “base” version of the game isn't bug free, it would be foolish to expect the console version to be superior in that respect. Of course there's the nasty aspect that some (wheel/gear) bugs are now mitigated through mods, something you can't do on the console, but the lack of mods was known upfront. And while every game has bugs, the kind of bugs that render your all your saves unplayable would get a... special kind of attention if Bethesda, Rockstar, Activision or any of the other large publisher would pull of a stunt like that.

Completely. I don't even mind the landing gear problem for now, just vertical launch planes and chute them back down! 

But my 40+ hour career being corrupted (dispite backing up hourly just to find my back up save corrupted ) is such a serious bummer

3 minutes ago, ChillingCammy said:

Data corruption is unacceptable. I'm not complaining about the controls being complicated or frame rate stuff. The game crashes and ruins saves. 

Moo?

If you just wait a little, it will be fixed. PC had the same problem when it came out. Heck, a new bug update for consoles was JUST released. They are working toward making it better.

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

Guess Squad should just quit working. They made one bad first initial release into a market they've never ventured into before. Not to mention new console and platforms. 

Ah well. They tried but they failed so they're attempts don't matter. Years of work worthless. 

Guess they can't redeem themselves for one failure which honestly was to be expected as again they've never worked with it before.

Ah well guys. At least we enjoyed KSP while it lasted... Oh wait according to you we didn't. 

Baaaa.

Why is it still being sold... is the name of the thread. I don't have a death wish for squad. It really shouldn't be sold in its current state

1 minute ago, nascarlaser1 said:

If you just wait a little, it will be fixed. PC had the same problem when it came out. Heck, a new bug update for consoles was JUST released. They are working toward making it better.

I didn't buy a pre-order! I bought what aught to have been a finished game 

Just now, ChillingCammy said:

Why is it still being sold... is the name of the thread. I don't have a death wish for squad. It really shouldn't be sold in its current state

Why? Because it would be more costly to a BUSINESS to do so. Not to mention by the time they get it pulled they will likely would've have an update.

I have had to delete my saved data for KSP on Xbox One twice now. It is to the point where I am not really interested in playing anymore. Such a great feeling when you dock to your first space station, only to realize that no matter how many times you do this, the game will not save your progress. In fact, doing anything worthwhile is seemingly impossible right now, whether that be long journeys, putting satellites into orbit, building space stations, or a moon base. I haven't been able to play basically since launch because I know anything I do is just a waste of time. I was under the impression that I was buying a finished game, not a work in progress. If they wanted to, they could have released into the Xbox Preview Program, where they could have had all the time to iron out all the bugs and glitches. 

1 minute ago, chimpbone said:

I have had to delete my saved data for KSP on Xbox One twice now. It is to the point where I am not really interested in playing anymore. Such a great feeling when you dock to your first space station, only to realize that no matter how many times you do this, the game will not save your progress. In fact, doing anything worthwhile is seemingly impossible right now, whether that be long journeys, putting satellites into orbit, building space stations, or a moon base. I haven't been able to play basically since launch because I know anything I do is just a waste of time. I was under the impression that I was buying a finished game, not a work in progress. If they wanted to, they could have released into the Xbox Preview Program, where they could have had all the time to iron out all the bugs and glitches. 

I feel your pain. Ruined the game for me. I really have no interest in waiting for a patch, I just want my money back.

Corporate greed keeps this title in the market

2 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

Has it ever crossed your mind that squad did not know about the xbox preview program?

Just now, nascarlaser1 said:

Has it ever crossed your mind that squad did not know about the xbox preview program?

Not once. They were plenty aware of the Xbox Preview Program. This game released into the early access program on Steam, which is basically the same thing. 

3 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

Not once. They were plenty aware of the Xbox Preview Program. This game released into the early access program on Steam, which is basically the same thing. 

Just because they know of steam doesn't mean they know Sony or Microsoft. Totally completely areas.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.