Photography Showcase Thread!

HazelPine

Hey guys! I was looking around the forums, and I noticed that there was no photos showcase thread anywhere! So I searched around and found this one:

Sadly it's been out of action for almost an year now, and since I didn't want to go around necro-bumping old threads I decided to make a new one. So, post your pictures (non-KSP) here, whether you're a professional or a newbie! Just try to put all the images inside spoilers as to not clutter up the thread!

I guess I'll, uh, start.

Here's some random pictures I took with my trusty-yet-used digital camera!

Spoiler

These couple few are all taken during the early hours of the morning while I waited for school to start:

eD4OQhk.jpgnjhLdQu.jpggbdPLud.jpg

And this is one of my cats chilling in the grass:

UtsQXpb.jpg

Thank you for opening this thread. @Pine

When it comes to photography what I do is research old cottages and farmsteads.  I will then plan a days photography every now and then visiting a few.

2015-03-26-middle-cathan-farmhouse-01.jp

Pwrcas-abandoned-derelict-cottages-02.jp

efail-fach-ruined-cottage-wales.jpg

I need to find my pictures and re-upload higher resolution versions of some of my older pictures.

Yeah, I'm into hobby photography for almost 3 years now.

Shooting at night, with my old hometown nearby. Not me in the photo.
wly0o5r.jpg

And I got this one while waiting for the ISS
bsrxbVM.jpg

I was close to a streetlight, so the light was reflected and dispersed on the inside of the lens. From an astrophotography standpoint it's rubbish, but it's just so beautiful.

Got a lot more stuff, if you guys wanna see.

Gibraltar 360° panoramic view (watch the flat earth proof on the left):

56gXCO2.jpg

La Palma, view over the Caldera de Taburiente to the south east. Basically a section through a volcano with dikes and sheets and things. Height difference in the caldera ~1500m. In the background to the left the Teide on Tenerife, La Gomera peeps through the mist on the right:

EAOM4sm.jpg

Edited by Green Baron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I took a picture of the sun during sunset, i focused my camera on the sun so the camera would make the surrounding things darker than the focused point. If you look closely, you can see a house next to it.

xGsZNxg.jpg

Here you can have a look at the same sunset, but with every building and object.

1YqnfLk.jpg

It is kind of sad that i do not live near any beatifull landmarks, its all just town buildings. I do know how to get to the coast though (Wijk aan Zee is the name of the coast area). So can take some pictures there.

Edited by NSEP

17 hours ago, CelticCossack51 said:

A PLA Airforce jet in a tiny amusement park in Yangshan (just south-west of Beijing).

viewQRn.jpg

oJvy3Iz.jpg

Is it just me, or is China and its surrounding countries filled with old MiGs on display.

Seems pretty common there, I wish that here had plenty of Hunters and Lightnings on display...

Oh goodness, where do I start?

Spoiler

VkPcjjI.jpg

My dog Riley ^

Udh62mP.jpg

Here she is again, just chillin' ON TOP of my couch... ^

n4NCvxk.jpg

The Bell X-1 at the National Air and Space Museum in D.C. ^

AcGwqz5.jpg

The Apollo 11 capsule ^

0ukepLI.jpg

An albino pidgeon in D.C. ^

35Zi5Zu.jpg

My favorite picture I took of the Capital Building ^

LcJ6FmR.jpg

They sense the presence of Forrest Gump ^

fsqxRqZ.jpg

One of my favorite pictures from that trip, its the Washington Monument's reflection in the water ^

oW9Qi2c.jpg

I like taking pictures of clouds ^

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.