Console Patches Update Discussion

2 minutes ago, V7 Aerospace said:

In this case, if FTE have abandoned KSP Console, what is there to do? How can SQUAD fix this mess? Re-starting Console development would cost a ton, but so would sorting out refunds and removing it from Console stores.

It would be a shame to throw such a good game away for potential users, but what else is there to do...

I'm sure squad will sort it out without FTE (thats the only way it's gonna happen). I really hope so because it's such a great game and such a shame FTE messed it up. Dont know if anyone noticed but FTE Facebook page previously had a review section. Before the release of ksp on consoles they had some positive reviews but as you can imagine in the last week or so some people put up negative reviews. Now they've removed that bit from their page,  what a bunch of clowns.

On 11/8/2016 at 6:25 PM, RW1984 said:

Before the release of ksp on consoles they had some positive reviews but as you can imagine in the last week or so some people put up negative reviews. Now they've removed that bit from their page,  what a bunch of clowns.

I feel so bad for Squad. They carefully picked a company with a stellar reputation and a bulging portfolio of succesful ports, instead of going with some shady shop with a so-so reputation and now this happens.

Note: before reacting to this post make sure your sarcasm detector is properly calibrated.

If FTG gave squad the build, and Squad didnt mention anything in the weekly update, it could mean that it is in the process of certification.  after the issues this game has had so far, im pretty sure they dont want to start to point fingers at sony for why its not out yet, best to stay quiet and hope it gets the green light quick.

but thats all just musings without much to go on really.  i could be way off lol

It would appear that KSP is receving some kind of recognition from the Microsoft XBox team?

aFO0HcW.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/XboxMexico/status/797298678927069184

Its pretty vague, even after translation... but why in the world would they be reciving some kind of reward or regognition?   Sales numbers etc?   I mean, people are actively seeking refunds for the console versions.  The XBox patch that took months to fix one issue didnt fix it...

Am I missing something with my logic and or common sense here?

The discussion has been going around and around about one point for quite a while; are the console purchasers justified in being angry? Answer: it doesn't matter if they are justified. They ARE angry, and being told they shouldn't be only makes them angrier. It's human nature. You folks on the other side would feel the same way if someone was telling you not to be angry about something you care about. So since everyone has already said his/her piece on this matter several times by now, it's time the discussion moved on. From now on, please stop telling console users they shouldn't be angry. It's off-topic and could even be considered trolling. 

18 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

The discussion has been going around and around about one point for quite a while; are the console purchasers justified in being angry? Answer: it doesn't matter if they are justified. They ARE angry, and being told they shouldn't be only makes them angrier. It's human nature. You folks on the other side would feel the same way if someone was telling you not to be angry about something you care about. So since everyone has already said his/her peace on this matter several times by now, it's time the discussion moved on. From now on, please stop telling console users they shouldn't be angry. It's off-topic and could even be considered trolling. 

You are now my favorite moderator :kiss: I no longer feel the need to vent and my patience has been extended indefinitely. I couldn't be happier to get that kind of acknowledgement. Thank you, Vanamonde. 

I've also created a profile just to respond to this thread. I've too abandoned the PS4 game. I played the game so much after I bought it that my wife told others not to buy it lest they get hooked like I did. I had landed on the Mun and Minmus and was working on a Mun base when my game crashed for good the last time. My request for a refund from Squad was rebuffed (the message was essentially, "we have your money, so you're stuck with our broken game"), and my request for a gift card to purchase the game for my mac (which can easily run the game and I ALREADY OWN THE GAME so they haven't lost anything) was completely ignored. It's now been several months since my request and nothing's been done. I only hope this gets patched soon, as this is hands-down my worst gaming experience with any company. 

4 hours ago, Athesen said:

I've also created a profile just to respond to this thread. I've too abandoned the PS4 game. I played the game so much after I bought it that my wife told others not to buy it lest they get hooked like I did. I had landed on the Mun and Minmus and was working on a Mun base when my game crashed for good the last time. My request for a refund from Squad was rebuffed (the message was essentially, "we have your money, so you're stuck with our broken game"), and my request for a gift card to purchase the game for my mac (which can easily run the game and I ALREADY OWN THE GAME so they haven't lost anything) was completely ignored. It's now been several months since my request and nothing's been done. I only hope this gets patched soon, as this is hands-down my worst gaming experience with any company. 

did you try taking this up with sony/playstation store?  I assumed squad/flying tiger weren't going to give me a refund so I went straight to microsoft to get mine

On 15/11/2016 at 6:00 PM, Homedawgian said:

You are now my favorite moderator :kiss: I no longer feel the need to vent and my patience has been extended indefinitely. I couldn't be happier to get that kind of acknowledgement. Thank you, Vanamonde. 

Haha, seems like reverse psychology is a go. Be angry I tell you, and angry you are no more xD

Can we atleast get an ETA on the patches. 

I have just lost my save for the 3rd time this month. I have now uninstalled the game until it gets an updated. 

If it doesn't get fixed by the new year I think everyone needs to be emailing Microsoft and psn for refunds. 

Its such a shame that this game has gone this way as it is a fantastic game but the console version has had no investment. 

Will be the last game I purchase from squad. 

On 05/12/2016 at 11:52 AM, Rocksta said:

I have just lost my save for the 3rd time this month. I have now uninstalled the game until it gets an updated. 

If it doesn't get fixed by the new year I think everyone needs to be emailing Microsoft and psn for refunds. 

Its such a shame that this game has gone this way as it is a fantastic game but the console version has had no investment. 

Yup, this has gotten seriously frustating already! 

I been patiently waiting for a whole month after launch, thinking they would have, in the best scenario, gotten it fixed even by the first week since it was a first launch of this game on a console and a few bugs were expected (after all, it passed all those awesome tests prior to launch, didn't it?). But this has gone just too far already. I'm not frustated just because they can't fix the game, but because they launched it as if it were a finished product on the market at it's full price, not taking it out later after noticing it's totally broken and not launching it as a preview/alpha game, where these problems could be acceptable.

I would have no problem buying this as a game on preview/alpha like I did with The Long Dark and helping the devs by pointing out bugs and coming up with ideas on the forums, I'd understand the time they would take to update it then. But this is unacceptable for a full game with it's price. I just can't get over it that I wasted money on this months ago and am not able to play it as I would on PC. It's just taking space on my xbox HDD...

Edited by Arch3rAc3

On 12/5/2016 at 7:52 AM, Rocksta said:

That's exactly what I did, And plan on doing...

23 hours ago, chimpbone said:

Well look what's on the #1 spot on the Xbox One subreddit: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/5h68b5/psa_do_not_buy_kerbal_space_program/

There was also a PSA not to buy the PS4 version of KSP on the PS4 subreddit not too long ago. It's scandalous @SQUAD hasn't addressed this issue properly by offering their customers a refund or at the very least an option to transfer the game to PC.

As much as I love this game and the KSP developers (I'm a PC user myself), I am appalled at the stance Squad management has taken towards its console customers over the last half year (at this very moment they're still advertising the console version on their website). I'd advice every console customer that feels the KSP product does not meet acceptable standards to contact Microsoft or Sony customer services, refer to the issues and PSA's linked above and requests a refund. Mention that @SQUAD is aware of and has acknowledged the issue, has failed to provide a reasonable time schedule to fix the problem, and failed to reimburse the consumer. Also mention that other customers have been refunded directly by Microsoft (and Sony? Not sure about this, check the reddit threads above). If you don't get anywhere with one phone operator, ask to speak to their manager or call back another time/day so you can talk to someone else.

If this doesn't get you any further, you could consider contacting the The Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets and enquire what your options are. Since KSP is owned and licensed through a SQUAD subsidiary (DEPORTED B.V.) registered in The Netherlands as stated in the KSP EULA and the KSP Terms of Service, they are required by law to respect EU/Dutch consumer right regulations. Not sure it will help, but if anything the Dutch consumer right organisations are tenacious, so who knows what a couple of phone calls from the ACM to DEPORTED B.V. may bring about... (If you need any help, feel free to send me a PM).

Also, if you have the time, please consider writing a review on reddit or metacritic (link for XBOXONE or PS4) and/or whatever other sites people use these days to evaluate whether software is worth buying, so other people won't have to go through the same agony.

Edited by Yakuzi

1 hour ago, DD_bwest said:

finally some news, looks like FTE is no longer doin it,  blitworks will save the day lol

1.2.2 is awesome,tou guys will like it

formerly asked for source but 2 seconds of googling provided me the answer.  about time!

Edited by Mihaeagle3

15 hours ago, DD_bwest said:

finally some news, looks like FTE is no longer doin it,  blitworks will save the day lol

1.2.2 is awesome,tou guys will like it

I am cautiously optimistic that blitworks will, in fact, save the day but if I'm being honest....I don't think it is possible for them to do any worse than flying tiger.  I am sure whatever they do will be a VAST improvement over what we currently have.   Oh, Happy Day!!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.