Console Patches Update Discussion

1 hour ago, Red Iron Crown said:

What was? (Maybe take a hint from the forum filter and keep your language in check, too.) 

If it's about the hidden post, the post wasn't anything more than 'Consoles Suck', not adding any other useful commentary.

Which is kind of funny this generation.  The PS4 and XBox One both have multi-core AMD processors, Radeon-ish video processors and 8GB of memory.  This isn't like the PS3 where you could blame it on the strange architecture or the Wii's low power.  They're both as near to PC as any console has been since the Dreamcast and Original XBox (X360 had a weird triple-core thing going on, but was pretty close).  Even OS-wise, the PS4 runs a variant of FreeBSD and the XBox One is running Windows 10.  Nothing too unusual there.

27 minutes ago, GrouchyDevotee said:

Sure wasn't expecting Kerbal to basically quit functioning after visiting this forum.

What's helped me (after suggestions on this board) is to delete as much debris and old mission craft as possible.  Also, delete any saved parts or pieces that might be obsolete.  The trick is to try to keep the save file as slim as possible.

That said, any time I have a successful save, I archive it to either the PS Plus cloud or a USB drive.  That way, I can refresh if there's a corruption.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI to those following this thread but not the KSP Weekly announcements, SQUAD have announced that Take Two Interactive is now helping with the console port, following their acquisition of the KSP IP. Unlike SQUAD or the formerly involved Flying Tiger Entertainment, TTWO has extensive experience with publishing high quality console games.

52 minutes ago, SQUAD said:
We also want to reassure our players that the work on the updated console version continues. Together with Blitworks and Take-Two’s production team who are now helping us out, we will deliver a console port of the highest quality. We’ll have more to share on that as development continues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-05-13 at 5:32 PM, TesseractE said:

What's helped me (after suggestions on this board) is to delete as much debris and old mission craft as possible.  Also, delete any saved parts or pieces that might be obsolete.  The trick is to try to keep the save file as slim as possible.

That said, any time I have a successful save, I archive it to either the PS Plus cloud or a USB drive.  That way, I can refresh if there's a corruption.

I have been using the usb to save, and lately I've been having to do a single mission, save, close KSP and update the save on the usb, then go back, restart KSP do a mission, and repeat.

I'm still getting occasional frozen screens while building aircraft and rockets.

Still occasionally losing the ability to open manoeuvre nodes.

2 separate rovers on Minmus, and polar orbiter that I finally successfully landed there, and no achievement.

But now it looks I've somehow managed to save a bad file to usb and so my kerbal career is once again toast.

These bugs are starting to really suck.

43 minutes ago, GrouchyDevotee said:

I have been using the usb to save, and lately I've been having to do a single mission, save, close KSP and update the save on the usb, then go back, restart KSP do a mission, and repeat.

I'm still getting occasional frozen screens while building aircraft and rockets.

Still occasionally losing the ability to open manoeuvre nodes.

2 separate rovers on Minmus, and polar orbiter that I finally successfully landed there, and no achievement.

But now it looks I've somehow managed to save a bad file to usb and so my kerbal career is once again toast.

These bugs are starting to really suck.

Yeah, that's why I said I copy to PS Plus Cloud AND USB. :P  Multiple USB sticks would do too...  I even archive successful saves to my laptop's hard drive.  Shouldn't HAVE to do all that, but it's kept me sane.

That said, I'm starting to get to where I have to do more complicated stuff so I haven't touched it in a while.  I REALLY want to get it for my nieces and nephews, but I'm not going to do that until the save bug is squashed.  When that happens: Instant sale.  They LOVE creativity games.

3 hours ago, TesseractE said:

Yeah, that's why I said I copy to PS Plus Cloud AND USB. :P  Multiple USB sticks would do too...  I even archive successful saves to my laptop's hard drive.  Shouldn't HAVE to do all that, but it's kept me sane.

That said, I'm starting to get to where I have to do more complicated stuff so I haven't touched it in a while.  I REALLY want to get it for my nieces and nephews, but I'm not going to do that until the save bug is squashed.  When that happens: Instant sale.  They LOVE creativity games.

Thanks for the advice, I really can't see me layering save files in multiple formats for a console game.

I'd love to recommend this game to people, but I just can't as it currently stands.

Not mad, just sad.

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2017 at 2:02 AM, GrouchyDevotee said:

Thanks for the advice, I really can't see me layering save files in multiple formats for a console game.

I'd love to recommend this game to people, but I just can't as it currently stands.

Not mad, just sad.

Me too.;.;

On 7/29/2017 at 9:08 AM, Casualnaut said:

Calm down folks, just wait for the update.

I agree, just patiently wait, no need to rush it. If they did, we would have an update, but it would be broken. Same for the first version for consoles. Squad just wanted us to enjoy the update sooner. If they didn't, we would be yelling at them for the console release! So it would be the same either way.

Hi!

i am a xbox one player and i speak for many console players, can anyone give me any information on the console update for KSP? i have been waiting for a very long time on a update but have received no news about this incredible game, i understand that this takes time to perfect but us console players are suffering because of a "Broken" game. i really hope that someone can give me any useful information about the progress of the KSP update on console and when the game will be re-released on xbox one and Ps4, kerbal space program is the most incredible game i have ever played and i hope soon all console players can experience it fully! 

if you read this thank you for taking the time!

Edited by Finno12307
Spelling mistake

The developers that made the original console ports, Flying Tiger, were fired after the disastrous ports. Squad hired a new company, Blitworks, to rewrite the ports from scratch.

That was last December. Since then we get very few updates on the work on the console ports besides the usual "we're working on it, we've got good builds and we're doing more testing" routine in the KSP Weeklies; the latest one (one of the most verbose we ever got):

On 04/08/2017 at 9:59 PM, SQUAD said:

Similarly, QA is playing a huge role on the current phase of the development of the updated version of KSP for consoles. As we’ve explained, we are currently putting the console builds under the most scrutinous testing we can with both the internal and external testing teams throwing everything at them. This close inspection has allowed us to detect even the smallest issues. For instance, the team recently found an interesting console bug, where going back to the Space Center will also revert a craft to the runway under some circumstances. This and any issue found is immediately and directly reported to our friends at Blitworks, who with the help and expertise from our team work to find a solution and implement it for the following builds. Additionally, at this point we can confirm that there will be partial support for the cheats menu on consoles, but not everything will work as it does on PC today. However, we will try to improve the support in future versions we release.

It's hard to say when the ports will come out, but since QA has taken a big part in the last updates on the ports, they may be getting closer to the end of the tunnel. Squad has the habit of never giving release dates, all we got was that they aimed to release the new ports in early 2017 back when they were announced...

Edited by Gaarst

• 3 weeks later...

So yeah... I have some bugs in KSP For the Xbox, which some are game-breaking. First off, I think the first retractable wheel actually turns into the second set of wheels that you get... like the one that has one wheel that probably goes on an airline... the one with the red brake lights. Ok. Well, it looks like the Mesh changes in the Xbox version. The "LY-10 Small Landing Gear" Is messed up in the Current Xbox version. Thought it was me. And it also duplicates that part in the R&D many times. Here's the next one. on the Runway. This is really bad. Any Aircraft, after a certain amount of time will start to veer to the right, messing with any launch that contains huge or large vehicles. This is major, as It's hard to adapt to,  SAS Won't fix a thing, it will make it worse actually. So, yeah. I probably won't play until bug fixes come out or until 1.2 gets implemented. But thanks for an otherwise great game.(And is there a way to see the progress? Like 75% For example? Thank you)

SQUAD knows that the console version of Kerbal Space Program has many bugs and glitches, and so that's why it was pulled from stores and put back into development. They are doing major bugfix updates and working as best as they can, and if you want information about the console version from SQUAD, then go to the 'Daily Kerbal' section of the forums, and click on the 'Development Update For Consoles' thread. Any new information about the console version's development will be posted there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.