• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Teilnehmer!

Thanks for keep updating this light and convenient mod! I've just made a Chinese translation file for it, so that Chinese players can easily read and change its settings.I have sent a pull request on GitHub, please check it at your convenience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This mod certainly looks useful, installing it right now via CKAN. Thanks. :D

I found this while looking for a mod to change the stock temperature overlay colors to something more intuitive. The whole "red is cold and white is hot" thing is really .... I dunno .... why they chose that color scheme baffles me.
I was wondering (hoping) you might be able to change that in this mod. Something that goes from blue to green to yellow to red to white, or similar. That'd be awesome. I've been able to find nothing else so far that can do that. And rather than request a totally new mod, I figured it made sense to ask you, since this mod is already covering part temperatures.
Again, thanks. :D

37 minutes ago, artao5 said:

The whole "red is cold and white is hot" thing is really .... I dunno .... why they chose that color scheme baffles me.

Because that's what happens when you heat things up.  See the graphic in this section of the Wikipedia article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-body_radiation#Black_Body

Most materials melt or otherwise change state before or in the temperature range they appear white-hot.  We can see blue stars because they're gravitationally-bound balls of glowing plasma.

2 minutes ago, Jacke said:

Because that's what happens when you heat things up.  See the graphic in this section of the Wikipedia article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-body_radiation#Black_Body

Most materials melt or otherwise change state before or in the temperature range they appear white-hot.  We can see blue stars because they're gravitationally-bound balls of glowing plasma.

Ah, okay yeah. I hadn't considered that they were using blackbody color scale. I guess that makes sense, tho not that visually intuitive. It'd be nice if we could choose the color map for that.
Thanks. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.