So, I think I'm the first to suggest a feature like this but I think that metal fatigue should be a feature in the game as this will add another layer of complexity to those who think that surving the heat and aero forces isn't enough also this would make the game less about placing struts everywhere. 

"How would it work?" I hear you cry, well.

Let's say you have a reliable SSTO, it's served you well building your new space station, and getting you to eeloo. But one day you forget to do a maintenace check or you don't have the parts to repair let's say the pylon holding your engines to the wings and when reentrering they tair right off and you need to launch a new one. R.I.P SSTO 2Eeloo Mk3. I say that this should be an option as for newer players it might be overwheming.

I'd love to see your input on this!

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Random breakages and failures is not something I would like personally, but I suppose your suggestion is not quite that, as in "if you do regular safety checks all is well".  Even so, for me it's an extra level of complexity and unnecessary hassle I wouldn't want.

Random failures have been repeatedly discounted by Squad as something they would like to implement. I wouldn't expect that to change any time soon.  The problem with them is there is nothing to learn, there is nothing to overcome, it's just one minute you have a mission and the next you do not.  Given the complexity of some missions, this would be pretty devastating and not a very fun mechanic for most people.

I too would like to have KIS and KAS mechanics, but that is more for construction or possibly  collision repair than random repair needs.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.