A Dream of Two Worlds - Chapter Eight: A Bump in the Night

Andem

21 hours ago, DMSP said:

@Andem

A wonderful but sad chapter. Thanks again for making this.

I know a thing or two about missiles gone wrong...

5 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

That chapter was wonderful! Keep up thhe good work @Andem!

Thanks! 

34 minutes ago, Crocket said:

@Andem Were Sergei and comrades trying to bomb the KSC last chapter, or were they just aiming for a random target for an accuracy test?

The latter. To be clear, Sergei's KSC and Jeb's KSC are both in different saves, and so are the ships launched by them. Take that as you will. :wink:

6 minutes ago, Kieve said:

How did I not notice this before? Those screenshots are pure artwork. I'm not generally a fan of "graphic novel"-style stuff, but this is gorgeously done.

Thank you! On a side note, the kraken has struck once more, and I am forced to rebuild one of the saves. I plan on slowly weeding out unnecessary mods over time, so the OP may receive unexpected updates at random.

Edited by Andem
Spelling.

58 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Following this properly now. :D

Tell me, how'd you do the grainy TV effect on this one?

I used GemFX, specifically the reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/37nedh/installing_mods_to_make_ksp_look_nicer_step_by/) version, all of the other ones were either broken or required a bunch of sketchy downloas.

On September 4, 2016 at 11:11 PM, Andem said:

Thank you! On a side note, the kraken has struck once more, and I am forced to rebuild one of the saves. I plan on slowly weeding out unnecessary mods over time, so the OP may receive unexpected updates at random.

Thought I'd point you to this: 

it's saved my borscht more than once. Them krakens is pesky. :D

5 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Ah yes, nothing like the fabric of reality its self shuddering to give one's Kerbals the heebie-jeebies. 

You've got a definite eye for "the shot" in your, um, shots.

Thanks! You guys really don't know how much that all means to me. (Unless you do... in which case... uh, good for you?)

I've gotten most of the screenshots I need for the next chapter, it'll be around sometime tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

@Andem maybe in the OP you should add Exceeds Hab Time with no other crewmembers: Needs to survive Martian Style.

Don't worry, If anything so much as looks like it's The Martian, it'll be the Martian. :wink:

Boards of Canada - Reach for The Dead

8h2o8Mq.png

GIEaRaw.png

0J1wGMW.png

VgUiPNc.png

mrJBtI1.png

ouRocFm.png

x5qmv6i.png

1iYBTsn.png

9Zg4ejq.png

gr81Lc3.png

zCs15ay.png

kj9Xsf4.png

RiiDjMD.png

mQUytzL.png

6B8g66k.png

UHwBZ2U.png

31w86pS.png

MMwboVI.png

t0xiAJ7.png

hwwaydH.png

sVJwX2a.png

L4USxhm.png

jFTpYq2.png

RBAloUU.png

I've been wanting to bring him back for a while, and I figured, hey, fifth chapter after an interlude would be a great time for Enfurt to join in the fun! It went just swell last time with the whole broken save and all!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.