Two new game modes

I propose introduce two new game modes into the stock game.

First one is "Ultimate Sandbox", in which you can spawn, warp much like you can do with HyperEdit and load vessels from other game saves to basically test them out in different conditions. Something like this is apparently coming in 1.2.

The second one would be "Government Mode". It's basically what I have in my sig, so if you are interested in having reputation that influences your annual/monthly budget, I'd recommend you go and read the whole thread. It's only a few pages long and many great suggestions from other people are there.

Deliver me that and I'll never again complain about the current state of career mode.

Edited by Veeltch

10 minutes ago, Veeltch said:

I propose introduce two new game modes into the stock game.

First one is "Ultimate Sandbox", in which you can spawn, warp much like you can do with HyperEdit and load vessels from other game modes to basically test them out in different conditions.

No need, this is an Alt-F12 option in 1.2.  That's right, HyperEdit has been at least partially stockified :wink:

Edited by Alshain

18 hours ago, Alshain said:

It shocked the heck out of me, I seriously didn't think anything like that would ever happen.

You can see it here at around 57 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/v/84374107

As far as game modes go, I just want a finance mode that starts with the the entire science tree unlocked.

Now the only thing that's missing is the ability to share craft files between saves.

1 hour ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

Feel like we need a contract mode for the people that have done everything in the sandbox and are out of ideas. No funds, rep or science, just missions that the game generates

I'd rather have an editor to create my own tbh.

43 minutes ago, Veeltch said:

I'd rather have an editor to create my own tbh.

I imagine a "contract editor" robust enough to allow most every challenge ever posted here to have a little downloadable file that would set the challenge up as a contract in the game.

On 23/8/2016 at 1:20 PM, Alshain said:

It shocked the heck out of me, I seriously didn't think anything like that would ever happen.

You can see it here at around 57 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/v/84374107

As far as game modes go, I just want a finance mode that starts with the the entire science tree unlocked.

Well, you can simply cheat yourself as much science as needed to unlock everything from the beginning.

35 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I imagine a "contract editor" robust enough to allow most every challenge ever posted here to have a little downloadable file that would set the challenge up as a contract in the game.

That would be awesome.

Ideally the mission designer/editor would find its use in the career. Players would pick the objectives instead of going through a bunch of nonsensical contracts the game randomly generates. They would adjust some sort of reputation/money reward slider (tater's idea).

In the "Ultimate Career" players would create missions, or rather challenges with each objective having a time limit perhaps. They could be loaded in the sandbox by anyone to take on the challenge. Couple that with the ability to spawn vessels and it could become a great tutorial/scenario editor. Community members could post such scenarios to teach others how to fly planes, rockets, rendezvous, make orbits, dock and things like that.

Just a bunch of thoughts.

1 hour ago, juanml82 said:

Well, you can simply cheat yourself as much science as needed to unlock everything from the beginning.

I know but that is annoying.  I just want it to start that way from the beginning.

On 23/08/2016 at 6:20 PM, Alshain said:

TBH I'd like to see a career overhaul that allows people to progress however they want. Right now it's Gather science -> unlock tech.

I'd like to have a career where you could do only missions and progress (tech tree unlocked by the money/reputation earned on missions; rep = money), do science only (they would grant reputation that influences the budget; more budget = more tech), or do both.

Couple that with a tree that has multiple starts and themed branches and even "been there, done that" crowd (I'm in that crowd) would be satisfied, as each new career save would give the opportunity for a different gamplay approach (I'd love to challenge myself using only SSTOs through the whole career!). Forcing me to gather science in order to progress is dumb. IRL tech is unlocked with time and money (and testing missions). Only after the tech is sufficient there's time for space exploration.

Apollo 11 didn't land on the Moon because their R&D did a bunch of atmospheric scans. They did so because they had cash to build and test the rocket, lander and other equipment.

Edited by Veeltch

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.