[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

The CRP provides resources vor various mods, there are hundrets of resources in it and I just wondered why I need them. I mean as far as I'm understanding TAC now I can't harvest resources from planets or asteroids. I have only the resources I put on the ship, the waste and finally intake air. No asteroid mining, no groundresources no gases or fuels.

3 hours ago, maculator said:

Can someone help me I'm a bit confused why exactly do I need the whole community resource pack? I mean I'm currently running x-science and KER and wanted to add this as a third mod but the resource pack has like 200+ different resources in it. And as far as I see it all I need is the resource definition for the 6 resources in this mod, no asteroid scanning or surface scanning etc.

Can I just dump the rest?

You should meet with no noticeable performance difference for having the whole of CRP installed. Very rarely, I think, do people complain about it. And I would advise against cutting out the resources you don't need. Someone ran into a problem with stock Ore (of all things) and the stock resource overlay for messing with CRP. You can definitely try (no one's really stopping you) and let us know how things work out.

I speak as someone familiar with resources in general, not TAC in particular. So in addition I have my own question... TAC disables those things?

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

You should meet with no noticeable performance difference for having the whole of CRP installed. Very rarely, I think, do people complain about it. And I would advise against cutting out the resources you don't need. Someone ran into a problem with stock Ore (of all things) and the stock resource overlay for messing with CRP. You can definitely try (no one's really stopping you) and let us know how things work out.

I speak as someone familiar with resources in general, not TAC in particular. So in addition I have my own question... TAC disables those things?

There is barely any difference in leaving all of CRP there or not.
CRP is really just configuration files that are loaded into the game. They would barely use any PC resources and I would be extremely surprised if you noticed any difference.
Have those resources defined in the game are totally irrelevant if you don't have any parts installed that use those resources.

So also doing a read back. I think we have two bugs that have been reported.
1) Setting the resource parameters via the difficulty settings are not persisting correctly for a save.
2) TAC is doing something silly when displaying crew/vessels information (particularly for unloaded vessels).
It helps folks if you can raise these issues on the github issues log for the mod and supply me with as much info and logs etc as possible.
This just helps me save wasted time investigating and trying to reproduce errors so I can fix them and usually what happens is I spend my spare time doing that, and not actually fixing it before I run out of spare time.

I wasn't affraid of the performance but I just wondered for what this mod uses CRP exactly. I played with it today but since it was a fresh career I didn't notice any problems. Numbers seem right and everything works fine.

In the clip I saw wich presented this mod there were alternate textures (With symbols on them rather then text) are they the old ones or alternate ones?

I know. I just would love to know if the mod functions if I only use the ThunderAerospace folder and a custom RESOURCE_DEFINITION defining Food, Water, Oxygen, CarbonDioxide, Waste and WasteWater.

I'm playing after a long absence and I really want to stay as stock as possible. This is not about trying to be smart this is just me, my ticks and the question above :S

I only use KER and xscience at the moment I REALLY want to keep thing simple ...

@maculator In that case everything should work just fine. Just copy out those definitions from CommonResources.cfg into your own new file and save the relevant distribution files from the ResourceConfigs\ folder. They can all be lumped together in whatever new folder you like.

22 hours ago, maculator said:

I wasn't affraid of the performance but I just wondered for what this mod uses CRP exactly. I played with it today but since it was a fresh career I didn't notice any problems. Numbers seem right and everything works fine.

In the clip I saw wich presented this mod there were alternate textures (With symbols on them rather then text) are they the old ones or alternate ones?

Those are old textures. As for CRP, TACLS used to have its own resources defined, but those definitions were redundant and had potential for conflict when playing with other mods, which most users seem to do. If you make your own limited resource definition for TACLS, and you later decide to expand your library with other mods that use CRP, the overlapping resource definitions might cause issues. 

On 4/1/2017 at 2:13 PM, Capt. Hunt said:

You have bunches of mods that are not compatible with KSP 1.2.2 installed.
There are many errors. I would suggest you review your install, what mods you have installed. Refresh your KSP steam cache files, etc.

On 3/24/2017 at 4:22 PM, Immashift said:

I'm having an extremely weird issue. If I start a new save, TAC is fine for a while, then the log goes mental and I get a lot of spam of:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Tac.LifeSupportController.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Then TAC refuses to work on vessels (doesn't take resources, or add to them), and the toolbar icon (stock or mod toolbar) doesn't show and I can't bring the UI up, other than in the VAB

I'll throw my log up on dropbox in the hope someone knows what's going on. It's probably some simple mod conflict -_-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtstfkh1je007pn/output_log.txt

Hard to say... I see nothing obvious in your log before this occurs.
You do have a lot of mods installed. I will harden TAC LS to handle Null Refs but that will not fix your problem.

My guess is a mod interaction and can only suggest trying the old half my mods and try again method until you can narrow down which mod is causing the issue.

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

There are many errors. I would suggest you review your install, what mods you have installed. Refresh your KSP steam cache files, etc.

Is there an existing list somewhere that shows which mods are not compatible with TAC-LS in 1.2.2?? I looked at the OP but might have missed it.. 

10 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Is there an existing list somewhere that shows which mods are not compatible with TAC-LS in 1.2.2?? I looked at the OP but might have missed it.. 

None that I am aware of.

8 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

None that I am aware of.

:S Hmm... so... is there one we can write up real quick? You were saying to the previous person that he/she had sevearl non compatible mods. Was that from the log or did you recognize several by heart?

21 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

:S Hmm... so... is there one we can write up real quick? You were saying to the previous person that he/she had sevearl non compatible mods. Was that from the log or did you recognize several by heart?

No. I don't see the point in that. Any list would be quickly out of date. Mods get changed daily. Mod code is not tested with all other mods (obviously) and mods in general do not get rigorous testing (even this one). So bugs occur and problems in one mod can quickly cause problems in other mods. I am not saying a mod is incompatible. I am saying a mod is causing an issue. I am unaware of any 'incompatible' mods. Having said that, it makes no sense to me to have more than one life support mod installed in one install. But that's not what we are talking about. this is something that happens all the time. What I am suggesting is the old method of halving the installed mods with TAC, and repeating the problem. If it still occurs, halve again and so on. If it stops look at the ones you removed. Add them in one by one repeating the test. Eventually you will find which mod is causing the problem. I can certainly look at any issue that is found between this mod and another mod. Once it's found.

45 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

No. I don't see the point in that. Any list would be quickly out of date. Mods get changed daily. Mod code is not tested with all other mods (obviously) and mods in general do not get rigorous testing (even this one). So bugs occur and problems in one mod can quickly cause problems in other mods. I am not saying a mod is incompatible. I am saying a mod is causing an issue. I am unaware of any 'incompatible' mods. Having said that, it makes no sense to me to have more than one life support mod installed in one install. But that's not what we are talking about. this is something that happens all the time. What I am suggesting is the old method of halving the installed mods with TAC, and repeating the problem. If it still occurs, halve again and so on. If it stops look at the ones you removed. Add them in one by one repeating the test. Eventually you will find which mod is causing the problem. I can certainly look at any issue that is found between this mod and another mod. Once it's found.

Re Capt Hunt's post and your answer:

2 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

I also looked through the logfile.  I (think) I found the issue to be something at my end actually.  For whatever reason, I sent a craft file from my modded install (uses TAC-LS).  I also sent some patches from that install to Hunt.  So I resent the files from the stock save that I have been using to try to get the KSO shuttles to fly again.  That issue has so far not reappeared.

My best guess (probably not a good one) is that a craft file from an install that has TAC-LS can include resources from that save, and put them (and their masses) into a save that doesn't have TAC-LS, but does have CRP? Does that scan?

2 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

Re Capt Hunt's post and your answer:

I also looked through the logfile.  I (think) I found the issue to be something at my end actually.  For whatever reason, I sent a craft file from my modded install (uses TAC-LS).  I also sent some patches from that install to Hunt.  So I resent the files from the stock save that I have been using to try to get the KSO shuttles to fly again.  That issue has so far not reappeared.

My best guess (probably not a good one) is that a craft file from an install that has TAC-LS can include resources from that save, and put them (and their masses) into a save that doesn't have TAC-LS, but does have CRP? Does that scan?

Yes that could happen. Particularly on command pods as they would have TAC LS resources defined in them. And if you have CRP installed without TAC LS and load them then yes they would appear.

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

Yes that could happen. Particularly on command pods as they would have TAC LS resources defined in them. And if you have CRP installed without TAC LS and load them then yes they would appear.

Groovy.  I'll try to make sure I don't send out a craft file from that install then.  Thanks!

Hello

i have this weird question

is it possible to get TAC LS andrey USI LS to work together, removing USI Ls supply requirements?

I ask this because i would prefer Tac ls for its resources but i also like USI ls scope( habitation, health, space madness might be added soon)

is there a way to do merge them removing some USi features or the are completely uncompatible?

20 minutes ago, NikusCraft said:

is there a way to do merge them removing some USi features or the are completely uncompatible?

While I personally don't know a whole lot about how these mods work, I get the feeling this particular question might be better suited to the USI thread since it's about disabling parts of USI.

5 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

While I personally don't know a whole lot about how these mods work, I get the feeling this particular question might be better suited to the USI thread since it's about disabling parts of USI.

Ok, i will also post this on the USI thread

@NikusCraft

there is also a Kerbal Health mod that looks like it will work along side TAC it does this stuff as well.  As of now it deals with cramped quarters, but it is planned to add in more things like radiation or sickness etc.   may be worth your time to look into this if you prefer the complexities of TAC over USI.  I was just reading up on this myself to see if there were any issues with running the 2. 

Also look into Keep Fit, and Kabinkraziness.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

• 3 weeks later...

10k/11k o2 and 642/16k co2, kerbals died of o2 toxicity?? 

It appears to be the oxygen and co2 having a problem other resources are doing ok.  I just ran a test with mk1 on launch pad for 31d with the 0.625m life support and waste capsule.  says 1305 oxygen and 0 co2 at the end when food ran out.

Edited by HaydenTheKing
I figured it out

1 hour ago, HaydenTheKing said:

10k/11k o2 and 642/16k co2, kerbals died of o2 toxicity?? 

It appears to be the oxygen and co2 having a problem other resources are doing ok.  I just ran a test with mk1 on launch pad for 31d with the 0.625m life support and waste capsule.  says 1305 oxygen and 0 co2 at the end when food ran out.

Didn't have enough batteries at night and kerbals suffecated

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.