[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

1 hour ago, smotheredrun said:

@JPLRepo, I have a station, the originally named "KSS"  with 4 crew and 188 days of supplies from the "Life Support" containers and a bit more than that of the "Waste" containers.  I am using them instead of the individual life support resource containers to save on part counts.

When I switch to another vessel (e.g. Kerbin High Orbit Space Station), and click on the TAC-LS menu, the first station ("KSS") is displayed as having anywhere from 12 crew to 28 crew at one point. My "KSS" has space for 19 kerbals at the moment.  The LS supply values are no longer at 188 days of supplies, but, depending upon the crew numbers displayed, anywhere from 4 days to 12 days worth of supplies are displayed.  I have even received the "x,y,z is depleted!" messages.  Upon returning to the KSS, everything is as it should be: 4 Kerbals, 188 days worth of supplies.

Using KSP 1.2.2, TAC-LS 0.12.8.0.  I have a whole host of mods, here is the list:

Reveal hidden contents

That is my entire List.  All except for Direct LV,  RCS sounds, Speedy, and KSO are updated to 1.2.x .  If you need logs for this one, where in the log file should I look or should I just upload the whole log?  And as I have never posted a log file before, do I need to have KSP shut down, and then upload the log?

EDIT:

Switching back to Space Centre and/Tracking station sets the values to where they should be.  Interesting.

EDIT 2:  

It seems to be a random occurrence.  I am only able to replicate it  a few times.....

Yeah that's a lot of mods.
But without logs and reliable reproduction steps not much I can do as unfortunately time does not allow me to sit for hours trying to reproduce your error.

I've got a problem here, my rescuees keep dying right as I get to them (literally, right as I get into load range I get the message ... died of air toxicity

also, I get out of oxygen/food/water errors the entire time the contract is active

looks like the rescue craft already has to be on site before the contract is accepted, or no flights in progress at all

from testing, this seems to only be a problem if there is already flights in progress when the rescue contract is accepted

steps to reproduce:

1 fresh install of ksp with latest tac ls installed.

2 new career game.

3 cheat > upgrade buildings and research (not strictly necessary, makes testing easier)

4 get past the first four contracts as quickly as possible (cheat again)

5 put a craft in orbit anywhere (I tested this with jeb sitting in a command pod in orbit of ike, should probably send a rescue)

6 accept a recover kerbal (and maybe pod) contract, the recover ones seem to be reliable for reproduction

7 leave mission control, congrats, you now are on a very short timer

16 minutes ago, jhousen said:

I've got a problem here, my rescuees keep dying right as I get to them (literally, right as I get into load range I get the message ... died of air toxicity

also, I get out of oxygen/food/water errors the entire time the contract is active

looks like the rescue craft already has to be on site before the contract is accepted, or no flights in progress at all

from testing, this seems to only be a problem if there is already flights in progress when the rescue contract is accepted

steps to reproduce:

1 fresh install of ksp with latest tac ls installed.

2 new career game.

3 cheat > upgrade buildings and research (not strictly necessary, makes testing easier)

4 get past the first four contracts as quickly as possible (cheat again)

5 put a craft in orbit anywhere (I tested this with jeb sitting in a command pod in orbit of ike, should probably send a rescue)

6 accept a recover kerbal (and maybe pod) contract, the recover ones seem to be reliable for reproduction

7 leave mission control, congrats, you now are on a very short timer

This is with what version?
As testing I conducted on the latest version did not have this issue.

okay, continued testing results in real weirdness (might be something to do with the number of contracts offered in my test setup, 80 might be a little ridiculous...

the last uncorrupted persistent file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93847840/persistent.sfs

and the corresponding output log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93847840/KSP.log

6 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Yeah that's a lot of mods.
But without logs and reliable reproduction steps not much I can do as unfortunately time does not allow me to sit for hours trying to reproduce your error.

True.  I didn't realize exactly how many I had until I started copying them out into a text file!  Plus side though, my Thinkpad T430 seems to work pretty well through it.  :)

Ok. I'll see what I can do about reproducing this and getting this log thing up for you.  It may take a while to ne honest. So far it is a VERY random occurance.

15 hours ago, jhousen said:

okay, continued testing results in real weirdness (might be something to do with the number of contracts offered in my test setup, 80 might be a little ridiculous...

the last uncorrupted persistent file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93847840/persistent.sfs

and the corresponding output log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93847840/KSP.log

OK so looking at your save file I can see the following Kerbals and vessels:

These are Rescue Kerbals part of a contract and rescue part/vessels and shouldn't be tracked:
Sheldun Kerman - Cancelled contract. Interesting. I can see this is a bug. TAC LS is not cleaning up cancelled contract vessels and kerbals. So I have already coded a fix for this.
Listhis Kerman - Cancelled contract. Same again.

Milbrett Kerman - This appears correctly in-game.
Milbrett's Pod - This appears correctly in-game.

These are normal Crew Kerbals and vessels should be tracked:
Jebediah Kerman - This appears correctly in-game.
Untitled Space Craft - This appears correctly in-game.

This crew not sure what is going on here:
Harfurt Kerman - they are not a recovery kerbal but they are also Unowned (not crew). - appears in PreLaunch state in-game.
Harfurt's Scrap - is actually the vessel Harfurt is in and it's current status is that it should be tracked. - Which it is. But not sure how it got in this state.

I attempted to do your recovery steps listed in above post.
And everything worked fine for me. Steps 1 through 7. and the result. the only thing I can think of is if the vessel in orbit that you own, in the case of the picture below "Rescue 1" is actually within loading range (2.2Km) of the rescue vessel "Joelo's Shipwreck" when it spawns (when you accept the contract) or you actually Switched to the rescue Vessel (as soon as you do the rescue vessel becomes one of your vessels and TAC LS will begin tracking it).

Qq63eVE.png

So the only thing I found was cancelled contracts are not removing their related kerbals. Which I have coded a fix for and will be in next version.
In theory though, those orphaned Kerbal records should be cleaned up the next time you restart KSP.

no ship was anywhere near harfurt, in fact, there was <10 seconds between contract acceptance and the save I posted (with the only other ship being in orbit of a completely different celestial body)

prelaunch? that's odd, you're right that it should be tracked under that condition....now how did it get that status...

wait...crew type is unowned, and recoverykerbal is false

oooookay, time to test some more

edit: ctrl is false, so control is not available (confirmed by a quick check in the tracking center)

both rescue contracts (yes I know one has a recovery component) have a discovered state of 29, might be useful

Edited by jhousen
added information

also, that entire save only has 3 active craft,

jeb somewhere near duna

harfurt (the bugged out rescue in LKO)

and some other random rescue that I grabbed in testing (that would be milbrett)

only difference between harfurt and milbrett is that harfurt is worded "recover" and milbrett is worded "rescue"

the problem seems to track that line (rescues work perfectly, recovers get tracked when they aren't supposed to be)

as for the picture, I've done that with comms sats, not fun (that's why the fresh install and testing with minimal ships in orbit)

having no active ships works perfectly every time, having one ship anywhere seems to allow the problem to manifest

44 minutes ago, jhousen said:

also, that entire save only has 3 active craft,

jeb somewhere near duna

harfurt (the bugged out rescue in LKO)

and some other random rescue that I grabbed in testing (that would be milbrett)

only difference between harfurt and milbrett is that harfurt is worded "recover" and milbrett is worded "rescue"

the problem seems to track that line (rescues work perfectly, recovers get tracked when they aren't supposed to be)

as for the picture, I've done that with comms sats, not fun (that's why the fresh install and testing with minimal ships in orbit)

having no active ships works perfectly every time, having one ship anywhere seems to allow the problem to manifest

I have been unable to repro. Without a reliable repro I cannot debug.

48 minutes ago, jhousen said:

no worries, that means it's probably something in my system, so now I get to do some bug hunting.

at least now I know it's not in the mod.

Wouldn't say that either. What I'm saying is unless someone can give me a reliable reproduction steps. I can't reproduce it and debug it.
The steps you gave me I have tried and I did not get an issue. That is not to say there isn't an issue. It could be there are other factors that you are doing that you having told me....

I have the same problem, I do not know how to reproduce it, here is the save file though:

The Problem is the Recover mission of Herdrin Kerman.

As soon as I get into range he dies. His life support was tracked from the beginning of the mission.

Hm, uploading seems to be problematic in the train. I will deliver he file when I'm home. The relevant art of the save is this:

SCENARIO
    {
        name = TacLifeSupport
        scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
        SavedGameSettings
        {
            IsNewSave = False
            CrewMemberInfo
            {
                name = Herdrin Kerman
                lastUpdate = 3798648.3666914613
                lastFood = 3798648.3666914613
                lastWater = 3798648.3666914613
                vesselName = Herdrin Kerman
                vesselId = e24a2e06-4b5e-48fc-a284-1ecae587a132
                vesselIsPreLaunch = True
                hibernating = False
                DFFrozen = False
                recoverykerbal = False
                crewType = Unowned
            }
            VesselInfo
            {
                vesselType = EVA
                vesselSituation = LANDED
                vesselIsPreLaunch = False
                numCrew = 1
                numFrozenCrew = 0
                numOccupiedParts = 1
                lastOxygen = 3798648.3666914613
                lastElectricity = 3798648.3666914613
                remainingFood = 0
                remainingWater = 0
                remainingOxygen = 0
                remainingElectricity = 0
                remainingCO2 = 0
                remainingWaste = 0
                remainingWasteWater = 0
                maxFood = 0
                maxWater = 0
                maxOxygen = 0
                maxElectricity = 0
                estimatedElectricityConsumptionRate = 0
                hibernating = False
                recoveryvessel = False
                Guid = e24a2e06-4b5e-48fc-a284-1ecae587a132
            }
        }
        LifeSupportMonitoring
        {
            visible = False
            x = 810
            y = 75
            width = 300
            height = 300
        }
        LifeSupportCrewRoster
        {
            visible = False
            x = 800
            y = 440
            width = 320
            height = 200
        }
    }

Edit: I tried increasing the values for oxygen, electricity and all that. The LS warning got green as soon as I loaded the modified save. Unfortunately, although all values showed enough of everything, he still died the moment I got in range.

Edited by Iche_Bins

5 hours ago, Noel32 said:

Is it possible to refill my life support food, oxygen etc containers somehow?

You can use the TAC utility recyclers (included in the TACLS mod) to turn waste products in to oxygen and water. And then there are a couple of mods out there that have greenhouses that let you grow food. The one I use for food is SETI.

7 hours ago, Iche_Bins said:

I have the same problem, I do not know how to reproduce it, here is the save file though:

As soon as I get into range he dies. His life support was tracked from the beginning of the mission.

Hm, uploading seems to be problematic in the train. I will deliver he file when I'm home. The relevant art of the save is this:

SCENARIO
    {
        name = TacLifeSupport
        scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
        SavedGameSettings
        {
            IsNewSave = False
            CrewMemberInfo
            {
                name = Herdrin Kerman
                vesselIsPreLaunch = True
                hibernating = False
                DFFrozen = False
                recoverykerbal = False
                crewType = Unowned
            }
            VesselInfo
            {
                vesselType = EVA
                vesselSituation = LANDED
                numCrew = 1
                numFrozenCrew = 0
                numOccupiedParts = 1
                remainingFood = 0
                remainingWater = 0
                remainingOxygen = 0
                remainingElectricity = 0
                remainingCO2 = 0
                remainingWaste = 0
                remainingWasteWater = 0
                maxFood = 0
                maxWater = 0
                maxOxygen = 0
                maxElectricity = 0
                hibernating = False
                recoveryvessel = False
            }
        }
        LifeSupportMonitoring
        {
            visible = False
            x = 810
            y = 75
            width = 300
            height = 300
        }
        LifeSupportCrewRoster
        {
            visible = False
            x = 800
            y = 440
            width = 320
            height = 200
        }
    }

Edit: I tried increasing the values for oxygen, electricity and all that. The LS warning got green as soon as I loaded the modified save. Unfortunately, although all values showed enough of everything, he still died the moment I got in range.

try changing recoveryvessel to true for now

you might want to post this on github

14 hours ago, Iche_Bins said:

SCENARIO
    {
        name = TacLifeSupport
        scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
        SavedGameSettings
        {
            IsNewSave = False
            CrewMemberInfo
            {
                name = Herdrin Kerman
                vesselIsPreLaunch = True
                hibernating = False
                DFFrozen = False
                recoverykerbal = False
                crewType = Unowned
            }
            VesselInfo
            {
                vesselType = EVA
                vesselSituation = LANDED
                numCrew = 1
                numFrozenCrew = 0
                numOccupiedParts = 1
                remainingFood = 0
                remainingWater = 0
                remainingOxygen = 0
                remainingElectricity = 0
                remainingCO2 = 0
                remainingWaste = 0
                remainingWasteWater = 0
                maxFood = 0
                maxWater = 0
                maxOxygen = 0
                maxElectricity = 0
                hibernating = False
                recoveryvessel = False
            }
        }
        LifeSupportMonitoring
        {
            visible = False
            x = 810
            y = 75
            width = 300
            height = 300
        }
        LifeSupportCrewRoster
        {
            visible = False
            x = 800
            y = 440
            width = 320
            height = 200
        }
    }

Please supply your full save file thanks with the contract and issue. thanks.

EDIT: As I am time poor if you the player can help me by supplying your save file/logs and detailed steps of how the problem occurs that saves me a bunch of time investigating and trying to reproduce problems and debug.
It would appear on the surface that the problem here is there is some edge case where rescue kerbals are only referred to by their first name in their rescue contract.
Currently TAC LS is checking their Full name in the contract and not finding this edge case.
If I can get some save files and logs I can confirm how and when this is happening and apply a fix.
In the meantime you can work around it by manually editing your save file (Always back it up first!) and changing recoverykerbal = true and recoveryvessel = true for any affected kerbal's and their related vessel. (I've highlighted the fields in the above example).

I just downloaded TAC today, and after a handful of  perfectly normal launches, I had this happen as soon as the launchpad loaded up..

.http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198242938828/screenshots/#scrollTop=0

the explosion just kept exploding continuously, for several minutes, and no buttons worked. So Wierd. The only other mod I'm running is KCT. I'll see if I can reproduce it

Nevermind. Can't reproduce the problem. If anyone wants, I'll post crash file.

Edited by TailDragger

@JPLRepo, in reference to my post a week or so ago, here are 2 output logs.... I hope.   FYI, the crew numbers displayed for each ship only change in a flight scene.  When at the KSC or in the Tracking Station, they are at their appropriate numbers (the actual numbers of Kerbals I actually have on these stations and ships).

Please let me know if these help.

KSP 1.2.2, heavily modded

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnbu1n3u4twh686/output_log (2).txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcr8pprnfh37p9x/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edit:  I seem to be having issues getting dropbox to do the uploading thing....  Let's see if this works....

Edited by smotheredrun
Dropbox is new to me

Question.
From the wiki :

"A greenhouse part that allows growing Food is planned, but is not included yet."

Is it possible to add lines to some existing part to manufacture "food" from "electriccharge" the same way the refinery stuff makes fuel out of ore, or the fuel cells make electricity out of fuel?

Or will this feature need more source to be written into the TAC library?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.