[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

I have an issue, not with the functionality though, I loaded KSP when 1.2.2 came out without updating anything but then tac said please use 1.2.2 but I didn't update tac. So I re-downloaded of git hub the 1.2.1 version but it still said 1.2.2 needed. What info do you need?

15 minutes ago, Orion Kerman said:

I have an issue, not with the functionality though, I loaded KSP when 1.2.2 came out without updating anything but then tac said please use 1.2.2 but I didn't update tac. So I re-downloaded of git hub the 1.2.1 version but it still said 1.2.2 needed. What info do you need?

None. I'm assuming the message you are referring to is the AVC version checker when KSP starts up, and as you have said you are still running 1.2.1 it will continue to tell you to upgrade to 1.2.2 because that is how AVC works. If you don't want the message and remain on 1.2.1 then go to the ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport folder and remove MiniAVC.dll and TacLifeSupport.version and the message will go away.  And, it won't let you know when TAC LS is upgraded again either.

26 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

I figured out the issue with food transfer. I was using modded docking ports and they messed with the transferring of fuel. Thanks anyways

Glad you figured it out... had a hunch it was docking port related.

9 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

None. I'm assuming the message you are referring to is the AVC version checker when KSP starts up, and as you have said you are still running 1.2.1 it will continue to tell you to upgrade to 1.2.2 because that is how AVC works. If you don't want the message and remain on 1.2.1 then go to the ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport folder and remove MiniAVC.dll and TacLifeSupport.version and the message will go away.  And, it won't let you know when TAC LS is upgraded again either.

Thnx

So... Uh... Just getting my feet wet here with TAC LS and SETI mods...

I'm using the TAC-LS Ratios spreadsheet to figure out how to build a self sustaining colony on Minmus.  What...  What's the Water Drill?  I can't seem to find it in the Tech Tree.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSAjJHZ9jjlLu6ZHKv_RHNnWMImPfngq2GuRoEKy1UsMwd4Q2D5o2vgkAx0ieWamEfJgf-qWKS7klge/pubhtml#

Is there a better guide or source of info than this spread sheet as to how self sustaining TAC LS and SETI colonies can be built?

And one other think, it was said that CKAN is going to be broken in a major way with this release.  Should I be holding off on updating TAC-LS till something is done with CKAN?

EDIT:  Never mind. Found the blasted water drill on the tech level right after the Stock Drills...  I must have overlooked it a dozen or more times.  /facepalm...  grr.

Edited by Jackelmyer

Just FYI, after a few hours of testing tonight, I seem to have found that the mod "Seti-Rebalance" removes many Hex Containers, especially the ones that contain Food, Oxygen, and Water.  Wasn't able to load vehicles after updating some SETI mods tonight and took a bit to figure out why.  

Using CKAN, all I have to do is install or uninstall Seti-Rebalance to reproduce the issue.

Just now, Jackelmyer said:

Just FYI, after a few hours of testing tonight, I seem to have found that the mod "Seti-Rebalance" removes many Hex Containers, especially the ones that contain Food, Oxygen, and Water.  Wasn't able to load vehicles after updating some SETI mods tonight and took a bit to figure out why.  

Using CKAN, all I have to do is install or uninstall Seti-Rebalance to reproduce the issue.

You will have to take that up with the author of that mod.

7 hours ago, Jackelmyer said:

SETIrebalance does not remove anything.

TAC life support uses decimal points for some part costs, which trips module manager patches (used by SETIrebalance) for those parts. For example:

TacFoodContainer has cost = 357.4, trips module manager, part is not loaded
TacFoodContainerLarge has cost = 2525.6, trips module manager, part is not loaded
TacFoodContainerLarge375 has cost = 3788.4, trips module manager, part is not loaded
TacFoodContainerSmall has cost = 56,  works fine

I did not know that mm has a problem with those numbers, but I can implement an exception for those parts in the next patch. I would also recommend TAC life support to change to module manager compatible values, especially if the difference is so miniscule. To prevent similar problems in the future, since TAC life support is one of those mods where compatibility with other mods is high on the list. Used module manager for ages, something new to learn every day.

Thank you for the bug report!

Edited by Yemo

8 hours ago, Jackelmyer said:

For others having the same problem, the latest SETIrebalance version excludes the tac life support parts from the mm patch, so the problem does not appear with SETIrebalance anymore.

There is still a bug with rescue kerbals contracts... (when they are to be rescued from EVA/Surface).
Forgot about that use case.
https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/issues/63

Accept these contracts at your own peril until I can fix.

15 hours ago, Yemo said:

SETIrebalance does not remove anything.

TAC life support uses decimal points for some part costs, which trips module manager patches (used by SETIrebalance) for those parts. For example:

TacFoodContainer has cost = 357.4, trips module manager, part is not loaded
TacFoodContainerLarge has cost = 2525.6, trips module manager, part is not loaded
TacFoodContainerLarge375 has cost = 3788.4, trips module manager, part is not loaded
TacFoodContainerSmall has cost = 56,  works fine

I did not know that mm has a problem with those numbers, but I can implement an exception for those parts in the next patch. I would also recommend TAC life support to change to module manager compatible values, especially if the difference is so miniscule. To prevent similar problems in the future, since TAC life support is one of those mods where compatibility with other mods is high on the list. Used module manager for ages, something new to learn every day.

Thank you for the bug report!

I think this is a hangover from way back... when TaranisElsu used a spreadsheet to create the part parameters.
I'll round them for the next version to avoid future issues.

Hello, I noticed a strange behavior with the last version of TAC Life Support.
Here are my tests with vanilla KSP 1.2.2 and default TACLS 0.12.7.0

http://imgur.com/5Bd8Vbv

Here is the Mk1 Pod in VAB after loading the game. The LS UI displays 18h of LS resources and 2h of electricity. This is correct according to default parameters.

http://imgur.com/TOCwGPN

The pod is send into space. The numbers have changed! Now it's 3 days of LS resources and 9h of electricity.

http://imgur.com/OYmZ0IJ

During EVA, the LS UI displays 6 hours of LS resources and electricity. It's correct, as EvaDefaultResourceAmount is set to 21600 seconds by default. But if the current resource amounts are correct, the maximum amounts are strangely higher.

http://imgur.com/vsRmfmP

Reverting the game to VAB, the LS UI displays the wrong numbers as in space. If I quit the building and reenter, it's still wrong. I need to quit the game and reload the save to have the correct numbers... until I launch the ship.

I have a problem where I have a contract to rescue a kerbal stranded on mun but I got text warnings that he was out of supplies immediately and when I finally got within physics range he dies of air toxicity. Of course I quicksaved in orbit of mun because I was suspicious of the warnings and the resource monitor. I'm going to temporarily increase the time kerbals can last without life support in the configs but this is a temporary fix and I'd rather not do this every time. The kerbal in question spawned in EVA which I guess is why it didn't get fixed last update (I'm using 0.12.7)

Edited by Jumberlack

1 hour ago, Jumberlack said:

I have a problem where I have a contract to rescue a kerbal stranded on mun but I got text warnings that he was out of supplies immediately and when I finally got within physics range he dies of air toxicity. Of course I quicksaved in orbit of mun because I was suspicious of the warnings and the resource monitor. I'm going to temporarily increase the time kerbals can last without life support in the configs but this is a temporary fix and I'd rather not do this every time. The kerbal in question spawned in EVA which I guess is why it didn't get fixed last update (I'm using 0.12.7)

Yes. Try at least reading back the last page or two. In this. Are its on this page.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/issues/63

Hello my dear @JPLRepo.

Just solved the problem... (post edited)

But still have a question JPLRepo.

Is there a way to make it use the resources first on the ship, and at last from the kerbals? And if a way to when i leave seat, it will automatically full resources of EVA suit?

(today is occurring in parallel)

Screen Shot 2016-12-25 at 4.43.20 AM

Edited by Climberfx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.