[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

Here you go

http://www.Brutalnature.com/KSPBugReport.rar

Includes log from contract accept to death, then quit

And includes saves from just after accepting contract, a day later when I get to mun to save him and seconds after his death.

Oh, and the pod hes standing next to is a K&K airlock.

I *think* the saves should load with just: Mechjeb, TAC, Modular Rocket parts, or at least the important bits of it. (Rescue Ship is Moon Lander 3 around the mun in last saves). Also using procedural parts (Might be using a procedural life support tank on this ship?) And KSPi (But none of those parts on this ship) and a few others but nothing too major. Full list here: R5aW7YL.png

What happens when I get within 2KM of kerbal rescue:

Yv3gcBB.png

Edited by BlackMoons

5 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

I need more information.
The log file you provided is not the output log as per the OP.
Can you describe the resources state of the lander? or provide a save file?

Some logs?
A save file?
I need more info.

Sorry, I completely miss that you need full output log. Here it is (warning! 145 Mb size, it's from my attempts to turn-on and turn-off hibernation).

I can provide save file too, but my game heavily modded (something like this) so I'm unsure in results.

Here, my save file where I cleared all probes/relays/debris/etc, so remains my only 2 piloted vessels. One of them landed on Minmus. When I try to fly it with enabled hibernation - I always receiving endless warnings and massive slowdown. That vessel shouldn't use any modded part (or at least I don't find them).

Edited by demiare
mistype

Just had a 'Low EC' occure on a ship that was on the surface of minmus, in daylight with solar panels out, happened as soon as I went to 100,000 timewarp. 10,000x seems very stable however, no issues at 10,000x it seems. Ship has 5 days worth of power.

Edited by BlackMoons

On 7/18/2017 at 6:02 AM, JPLRepo said:

I'd prefer you don't use BackgroundProcessing Mod with TAC LS.
TAC LS now has it's own version of background processing... If you install that mod with TAC LS then TAC LS will disable all background processing of it's resources...

Wait, I'm confused.  It still says in the first post that we need to install BackgroundProcessing as of 0.13.2.  Is that no longer the case?

5 hours ago, ThirdHorseman said:

Wait, I'm confused.  It still says in the first post that we need to install BackgroundProcessing as of 0.13.2.  Is that no longer the case?

Ahh, I forgot to update that. I have now.
I recommend not using it as TAC LS does pretty much the same thing itself. But you still can. If it is installed TAC LS will turn off it's own processing.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:46 PM, JPLRepo said:

I need more information.
The log file you provided is not the output log as per the OP.
Can you describe the resources state of the lander? or provide a save file?

Some logs?
A save file?
I need more info.

I am also getting this on my game.  Everything is fine until I turn on hibernation option.  Also my grapplers seem to have stopped working also but that might be a mod causing it that I installed today.  I have been getting the spam on all planes, rovers, and space craft I make.  Jeb had lots of food, water, electricity, etc.   If I disable hibernation the other kerbal dies when I get near them but this message keeps going even if I have no kerbal rescue mission and just started with version v0.13.4   All the same ships worked fine before this version.  I do also have 4 solar panels on the rocket.  I don't have a battery other than the command pod.  It always has enough power with the internal battery. 

[LOG 18:35:04.467] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: Summary: 
 vessel flag (KSC) (loaded state True)
- 0 stock power producers 
- 0 stock power consumers
[LOG 18:35:04.471] -INFO- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.63]: Vessel Modified: Low Orbit Rescue (631a5082-49ef-4fd2-851e-01746a00e7a2)
[LOG 18:35:04.476] 7/20/2017 6:35:04 PM,IRSequencer-IRWrapper,Attempting to Grab IR Types...
[LOG 18:35:04.485] 7/20/2017 6:35:04 PM,IRSequencer-IRWrapper,IR Version:2.0.9.0
[LOG 18:35:04.506] 7/20/2017 6:35:04 PM,IRSequencer-IRWrapper,Got Assembly Types, grabbing Instance
[LOG 18:35:04.510] 7/20/2017 6:35:04 PM,IRSequencer-IRWrapper,Got Instance, Creating Wrapper Objects
[LOG 18:35:04.513] 7/20/2017 6:35:04 PM,IRSequencer-IRWrapper,Getting APIReady Object
[LOG 18:35:04.516] 7/20/2017 6:35:04 PM,IRSequencer-IRWrapper,Success: True
[LOG 18:35:04.519] IRS: Could not find ModuleSequencer module to load sequences from
[LOG 18:35:04.690] [CHATR] Capsule starts the exchange...
[LOG 18:35:04.694] Trajectories: Initializing cache
[LOG 18:35:04.699] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: Summary: 
 vessel launchClamp1 (loaded state True)
- 1 stock power producers 
[LOG 18:35:04.711] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: Summary: 
 vessel launchClamp1 (loaded state True)
- 1 stock power producers 
[LOG 18:35:04.732] -INFO- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.63]: Vessel situation change
[LOG 18:35:04.759] [ForScience!] Checking experiment: crewReport@KerbinFlyingLowShores
[LOG 18:35:04.764] [ForScience!] Skipping: No more science is available: 
[LOG 18:35:04.767] 7/20/2017 6:35:04 PM,kOS-IRWrapper,Attempting to Grab IR Types...
[LOG 18:35:04.776] 7/20/2017 6:35:04 PM,kOS-IRWrapper,IR Version:2.0.9.0
[LOG 18:35:04.797] 7/20/2017 6:35:04 PM,kOS-IRWrapper,Got Assembly Types, grabbing Instance
[LOG 18:35:04.800] 7/20/2017 6:35:04 PM,kOS-IRWrapper,Got Instance, Creating Wrapper Objects
[LOG 18:35:04.803] 7/20/2017 6:35:04 PM,kOS-IRWrapper,Getting APIReady Object
[LOG 18:35:04.806] 7/20/2017 6:35:04 PM,kOS-IRWrapper,Success: True
[WRN 18:35:04.810] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.64]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 18:35:04.814] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.64]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 18:35:04.836] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.66]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 18:35:04.840] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.66]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 18:35:04.878] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.68]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 18:35:04.882] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.68]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 18:35:04.892] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.70]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 18:35:04.896] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.70]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 18:35:04.924] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.72]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 18:35:04.928] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.72]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 18:35:04.938] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.74]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 18:35:04.942] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.74]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 18:35:04.981] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.76]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 18:35:04.985] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.76]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 18:35:04.995] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.78]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 18:35:04.999] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.78]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 18:35:05.051] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.80]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 18:35:05.056] -WARNING- Tac.LifeSupportController[FFC04A44][17210.80]: Removing hibernation status from crew member: Jebediah Kerman

Edited by Vaga
New Info

I just wanted to let everyone know that I believe I have fixed the Munseeker Greenhouse mod so that it now works with KSP 1.3 and TACLS .13.2.  It's just a simple ModuleManager script.

I know there are plenty of people here who were looking for a greenhouse to work with TACLS, so I figured I'd post a link here as well.

2 hours ago, ThirdHorseman said:

I just wanted to let everyone know that I believe I have fixed the Munseeker Greenhouse mod so that it now works with KSP 1.3 and TACLS .13.2.  It's just a simple ModuleManager script.

I know there are plenty of people here who were looking for a greenhouse to work with TACLS, so I figured I'd post a link here as well.

I might have to give it a go.  Right now I am using the Soylent MOD to farm Alage.

On 7/18/2017 at 3:54 PM, PT said:

Every container started either full (consumables) or empty (waste). Station capacity is enormous.

No recyclers, just Kerbals eating and breathing.Emptied consumable containers went into slight negative, just like Water and Food in picture above. I guess some Math.Max(value, 0) should fix this :wink: 

Water and Food went into slight negative in StationScience Research Lab module (only there).

CarbonDioxide in container I screenshoted was at 700+/384 while containers in my dedicated life support drone were empty (over 30k CO2 units empty)

Then I added CO2 scrubbers, water purifiers and such. CO2 overflow was dealt with but I still have slight negative in some tank/oxygen/water containers.

Since last screenshot negative values became smaller:

Food: -8.69 -> -8.31

Water: -5.75 -> -5.46

RUOPnar.png

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7e6zbg21x5zgii1/KSP 2017-07-18 v1.log?dl=0

Tomorrow I'll start with empty log.

Same problems here as well as the EC issue, using KSPI and nuclear reactor. My command pods fill up with carbon dioxide and go way over the limit 19458/288 on my command pod despite there being room in other waste containers on the ship. Doesn't seem to effect anything except randomly kerbals will die due to air toxicity if i don't manually transfer the waste to cans. Going to disable TACLS for now i think.

9 hours ago, RabidSmurf said:

Same problems here as well as the EC issue, using KSPI and nuclear reactor. My command pods fill up with carbon dioxide and go way over the limit 19458/288 on my command pod despite there being room in other waste containers on the ship. Doesn't seem to effect anything except randomly kerbals will die due to air toxicity if i don't manually transfer the waste to cans. Going to disable TACLS for now i think.

I "solved" this issue by adding bunch of CO2 scrubbers and opening solar panels. Upgrading to dev version might have helped as well, have you tried it?

From what I can tell "air toxicity" death occurs when I run out of electricity, not when CO2 is full. As TAC background processing does not support nuclear reactors I just had to open some solar panels to maintain status quo, reactor is only required when cyclotron runs at full power.

Edited by PT

so just installed the latest tac, and included the background processing bundeled with it and im getting 5 fps max, dropping to 3 with more than one ship. and when i turn off background processing im getting 75fps.

7 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

removing background processing has reset all timers to -17 years and 5 days, no change when loading vessels

Do you have hibernation on? instead of killing them? That's reported above. What's in your log? slow down usually something will be spamming the log file to indicate the problem.

So known issues going back the last couple of pages.. is:
Hibernation is spamming the logs.
Some are having issues with recovery kerbals not having enough resources and dying.
Some are still having issues with the unloaded vessel resource processing.
I'm struggling to find spare time to sit down and properly resolve these issues. But will try to do so this week.

19 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Do you have hibernation on? instead of killing them? That's reported above. What's in your log? slow down usually something will be spamming the log file to indicate the problem.

Some are having issues with recovery kerbals not having enough resources and dying.
I'm struggling to find spare time to sit down and properly resolve these issues. But will try to do so this week.

When I got the hibernation log spam it was spamming for the kerbals in the active ship not in an inactive ship if that helps you narrow it down a little.

13 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

well, its fixed and i dont know how, i removed all the mod, and resinstalled the dev version, and LS didnt show up (i did check all the files in the directory) i reinstalled to the standard one again, and it worked but killed kerbals at high warp(ec died) i removed background processing and installed the one from the dev version, and now it seems to be working fine, theres still a rabid ec drop off at high warp, but now at least the background bases at mid warp are fine!

Having a weird issue in 13.2. In addition to the EC problems, I've noticed that sometimes the estimates screen thinks I have three times as many Kerbals per ship as I do. So one Kerbal is now three Kerbals, three is now nine, etc.

2UK3MmA.png

K.S.V. Perseverence has only three Kerbals, yet it's listed as nine. It usually corrects once I switch scenes back to it, but it's rather strange.

Unfortunately I have a lot of mods, so a log might not do much good.

Edited by Mitchz95

Life support update for ships seems to fail most often when I screw around with changing timewarp settings in quick concession, otherwise if I do it with a second or two between changes it almost never happens as long as I stay just below max timewarp (100,000x)

I use BetterTimeWarp and added a profile with max. 100,000x at highest level - this helps in avoiding the overheat issue as well as the death-from-zero-EC issue.

GameData\BetterTimeWarp\PluginData\BetterTimeWarp.cfg

// BetterTimeWarp: Automatically saved at date 7/25/2017 9:25:45 PM

enabled = true
BetterTimeWarp
{
	ScaleCameraSpeed = True
	UseLosslessPhysics = False
	LosslessUpperThreshold = 4
	CurrentTimeWarp = Unity sucks
	CurrentPhysWarp = Standard Physics Warp
	CustomWarpRate
	{
		name = Hyper Warp
		warpRate1 = 10
		warpRate2 = 100
		warpRate3 = 1,000
		warpRate4 = 10,000
		warpRate5 = 100,000
		warpRate6 = 1,000,000
		warpRate7 = 10,000,000
		physics = False
	}
	CustomWarpRate
	{
		name = Slow-Mo
		warpRate1 = 0.50
		warpRate2 = 0.25
		warpRate3 = 0.10
		physics = True
	}
	CustomWarpRate
	{
		name = Unity sucks
		warpRate1 = 10
		warpRate2 = 50
		warpRate3 = 100
		warpRate4 = 250
		warpRate5 = 1,000
		warpRate6 = 10,000
		warpRate7 = 100,000
		physics = False
	}
}

The last profile is the one I added. You can call it like you want :P and change all numbers, but warpRate7 should never exceed 100,000 ...

Edit:

KSP or BetterTimeWarp likes to forget the setting, best is to change this config before launching the game...

Edited by Gordon Dry

The water purifier makes water needs to be 0. It seems default setting is kerbals produce slightly more wastewater then they consume in water, and the purifier uses up the exact same amount of wastewater to produce the starting water.

It seems a little odd that the water purifier is 100% efficient at recycling water, since it seems it would be very hard to make a purifier that is 100% effective and never needs maintenance. 90% would be a lot more believable and realistic IMO, since to remove all the water from the waste you would be left with a solid cake that would be very hard to remove, vs leaving some water it could drain out as a sludge.

Edited by BlackMoons

On 25/07/2017 at 1:20 AM, aluc24 said:

Hey, @JPLRepo, would it be possible to add TAC support for Near Future Command Modules? As of now, they have no TAC Life Support Module, nor any resources inside.

Thats one to ask on the Nf page, or just make a small patch yourself...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.