[1.2.2] ManeuverQueue v0.4.2

kball

On 17.11.2016 at 5:21 PM, kball said:

Rebuilt for 1.2.1 and fixed a minor bug.

I'm afraid the current implementation might not work under Linux, but I don't have a Linux system to debug it.

Would love to know if anyone has successfully installed and used the plugin on Linux.

As i understand, there must be an object which isn't initialized or set to "Null" intentionally. Would it be "easy" possible to implement a check of objects of beeing "Null" before using them and shout that found "shouln't be Null" to the console? Lets say as a "test/debug for linux" version, so i could provide you with some kind of remote debugging. :)

Hi. It's me again :D and new bug found.

I put more than 1 maneuver node on the orbit ( actually two -> Circularise - Inclimination (for docking))

When I select this ship in the tracking station, i see [ERR] string (but all work fine). In KSP.log i found this:

[LOG 16:18:09.845] [Tracking Station]: SetVessel(1p1 Kerbin HighOrbit)
[LOG 16:18:09.846] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: 1p1 Kerbin HighOrbit
[ERR 16:18:09.897] [Maneuver Solver Error]: No patch found for node at UT:784288.8

[EXC 16:18:09.899] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PatchRendering].get_Item (Int32 index)
    OrbitTargeter.ReferencePatchSelect ()
    OrbitTargeter.LateUpdate ()

In savefile i found this maneuvweres

VESSEL		// this vessel
{
  ... parts, modules, other saved info about this vessel

FLIGHTPLAN
	{
		MANEUVER // node #1 - transfer
		{
			UT = 784288.84139113559       // error show same time
			dV = 0,0,275.47391022391349
		}
		MANEUVER // node #2
		{
			UT = 800514.64365520899
			dV = -16.503627328156316,202.63909140046093,-0.085387019258648889
		}
  	}
}

I have 5 ships with man. nodes (your mod really helps), two of them with two nodes, and both ships with two nodes show this error.

All game/system data are same as before

Spoiler

GameVersion: KSP 1.2.1.1604 x64; Career

Mod Version: ManeuverQueue_KSP1.2 v4.1 (really 4.1 this time :) )

Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

v0.4.2 is now available

Fixed a small issue that caused the list to reset when terminating a vessel in the Tracking Station

This is the last version that will support KSP 1.1.3. I've finally graduated to 1.2!

I'm planning to create a new UI that will hopefully be available in flight and also should work on Linux. Stay tuned!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2017 at 0:36 AM, Murdabenne said:

Any chance you'd want someone to do up a CKAN entry?

I wouldn't mind doing it myself if possible. I'll look into it and if I need some assistance I'll hit you up.

On 5/24/2017 at 8:47 PM, Gordon Dry said:

Incompatibility with:

I'll take a peek.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wonder what it would take to do a recompile?  I'm not all that handy with that sort of thing.

Hey @linuxgurugamer could you maybe post a step-by-step "how to" for adopting a mod for a simple rebuild (no model/code changes), based off what you usually do? You so seem to be quite good at it, and I expect that you have a systematic approach for it given how many orphans you have rescued.

Edited by Murdabenne
typos

27 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

I wonder what it would take to do a recompile?  I'm not all that handy with that sort of thing.

Hey @linuxgurugamer could you maybe post a step-by-step "how to" for adopting a mod for a simple rebuild (no model/code changes), based off what you usually do? You so seem to be quite good at it, and I expect that you have a systematic approach for it given ho many orphans you have rescued.

That's a very good idea.

I'll do it for this mod, will try to get it up this weekend.

I might even do it on stream Sunday evening, would be an interesting change

Thanks!  This might open up simple maintenance for those of us who can follow a process, even if we are not particularly good coders.  Basically a guide on how to start from scratch and do a rebuild of an otherwise functional app. You could call it @linuxgurugamer 's Beginner's Guide to Version Change Recompiles or "This is built for 1.(x), yet it works in 1.(x+1): here's how to make it native to 1.(x+1)".  I guess you could make it GitHub based to simplify things. Redistribution on Spacedock or else directly from the repo.  And maybe a CKAN entry (although that might need to be a separate tutorial)

Edited by Murdabenne
clarification

On 10/5/2017 at 11:40 AM, Murdabenne said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer could you maybe post a step-by-step "how to" for adopting a mod for a simple rebuild (no model/code changes), based off what you usually do? You so seem to be quite good at it, and I expect that you have a systematic approach for it given how many orphans you have rescued.

Here you go:  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.