PS4 EVA taking data from science jr or mystery goo

Ps4 500gb, EVA Tested in flight: kerban, orbiting mun, mimnus, Duna, and eve. Also landed on: Kerban, mun, mimnus, and Duna. 

Eva user interface bug: while performing an Eva holding onto a ladder (any type) collecting data from a science Jr or mystery goo you will receive the window message "this will render the module inoperable" (or something like that) if you hit "x" on your controller to confirm yes or no you will let go of the ladder.

Easy work around: when prompted to select yes or no. Activate your cursor and select yes or no with that instead. You will still gather your data and not let go of the ladder.

I'm not 100% sure it's a bug, but it was confusing to me. 

• 2 months later...

I've had the same problem as well, and it has killed me countless times.  (RIP Jeb);.; Thanks for the workaround, and I think this was more of an overlooked thing, rather than a bug.  (Too many in the console versions).  However, have you experienced a massive punch(it pushes you away) from your spacecraft when you do that?(without your workaround) It also happens when I try to grab a ladder when my spacecraft is upside-down.  I've had it happen several times, and that's definitely a bug.  Any reasons?  Fixes?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.