KSP on Linux Skylake with Integrated graphics

I'm interested in the game.. Looks like lot of fun.. Too bad I didn't discover earlier. :(

I have a skylake (i5-6500) CPU with 16 GB RAM with Intel graphics (integrated HD 530) running antegros Linux (like arch)

I just want to know from the community if intel graphics would be sufficient and how does KSP generallly behave with Linux?

-Thanks

Vijay

Linux version works quite well for me on nvidia. I tried it on two ICH based notebooks with integrated intel gpu at times and it ran nice too. You may need to set LC_ALL or LD_LIBRARY_PATH to make it run, but that is no big deal and described in the linux thread here. As for hardware requirements - that depends on how big ship you design. Graphics has little say in that, physics is most intensive computation in game and if you make something too big, lack of cpu power will stop you long before polygon count. My i5-4570 can handle hundreds of parts easily, so you should be fine. And once you start playing with mods, you will find that 64bit system and lots of ram is a big boon.

You could try the demo, it's a little old but generally if it runs so will the full game.

Something to watch out for though is your GPU will need to support shader model 3.0 or higher, and you will need at least 512bm of video RAM.

KSP works well on the open source mesa driver, though a Unity bug may mean you have to start KSP with the -force-glcore command line switch to get the text on the correct layer (else you can't see them)

KSP can crash, some people have it worse than others though, and the crashes are cross platform.

Shadows can be poor, but changing the render quality in KSP can help with that.

Hope this helps!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.