Hello everyone!

DVB

Hello people of the internet!

I've never been a star at introductions, so we'll keep it short.
Dutch guy, currently following a psychology study. I have been living on my own for most of this decade, and have been a fan of all things space since my childhood.

When I found this game first it was still in the Alpha/Demo stage. I put in a few hours and then decided i'd wait and see wich direction it would go. Some time passed, and a few months ago I found the game in it's later stage of development and decided to buy it. So far I've put in around 100 hours of gameplay, and have been very succesfull at launching small/medium sized rockets and other aircraft into orbit and beyond!

The career mode gave me a lot of trouble meeting the specific target for some missions, and the sandbox mode overwhelmed me with new parts. So i've been doing a science run for most of my time in-game.

I won't mod the game too much, since my pc has enough trouble running it vanilla (x32) at around half-specs. Any higher and it turns into a slideshow and crashes.

I'm sure i'll be enjoying this for many more hours, and hopefully send out my crew to the harder to reach places soon!

Safe journey's everyone!

Edited by DVB
spelling

Welcome to the forums and your KSP addiction.  Your fellow psychologists may find you an interesting case study ;-0

When I started there was only sandbox but I think you've done the right thing going for science.  Career is far too complicated to be a good introduction for new players, with all the concerns about costs and reputation as well as contract, strategy, building and astronaut management.  You are probably also wise to not mod much on a 32-bit machine; it is very hard to resist adding one or two (... and then three or four) though.

Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...