Game is unplayable

Game only let me save anymore when i save and exit the game! This is frustrating because always i get something done and space game usually crash and last save(s) is gone only way is build something and save then exit the game! Game sometimes crash even when i save and try to exit the game! Damn shame i just get my first station orbit but playing this or get something to done is sooo slow with this save issues!!!

On 8/29/2016 at 8:55 PM, Spaceman83 said:

Game only let me save anymore when i save and exit the game! This is frustrating because always i get something done and space game usually crash and last save(s) is gone only way is build something and save then exit the game! 

Try advancing time by a day or two and save. Or return to space center this usually creates a persistent save there. Also delete your old saves, the game save file cannot handle many saves.

On 8/30/2016 at 1:42 AM, Captain Patchy said:

That sucks! I had a small base in orbit of minmus and was planning a mining operation when my data corrupted :( I want to play! 

Delete your saved ships in the vab and sph. Like above delete your old saves files. In space center delete all debris, unused rockets/satellites, and other unused stuff. Disable stock assemblies. Also keep your ship parts low as possible. There is a post on here somewhere talking about keeping the save file small, this will explain it in more detail. It helps avoid that dreaded data corruption.

Im  following the steps above. Currently I'm running a mining station on minmus. No problems for two weeks. One refueling station at a 10k orbit, a mining/processing rover and a Lander to bring the fuel to the station and back. There is one mission to Duna. That's it. Deleting everything else. Hopefully that helps.

14 hours ago, TheAper said:

Try advancing time by a day or two and save. Or return to space center this usually creates a persistent save there. Also delete your old saves, the game save file cannot handle many saves.

Delete your saved ships in the vab and sph. Like above delete your old saves files. In space center delete all debris, unused rockets/satellites, and other unused stuff. Disable stock assemblies. Also keep your ship parts low as possible. There is a post on here somewhere talking about keeping the save file small, this will explain it in more detail. It helps avoid that dreaded data corruption.

Im  following the steps above. Currently I'm running a mining station on minmus. No problems for two weeks. One refueling station at a 10k orbit, a mining/processing rover and a Lander to bring the fuel to the station and back. There is one mission to Duna. That's it. Deleting everything else. Hopefully that helps.

I have notice! I keep only couple save file and delete old ships except those i use like launch vehicles lifting different size modules, satellites, probes etc to space i have three of those! I have one station orbiting kerbin and couple of satellites orbiting kerbin and mun! I erase space junk but game still crash it is annoying if it happens when i have complete time consuming mission and my goals is to set lots of stuff space, planets and other bodies i don't know can game handle this before it is fixed!

6 hours ago, AndyChilly said:

The game is playable, I still enjoy playing every night.

Check this link with my currently working "workaround" which has been sticky'd to the top of the thread.

As far as i'm aware, this method solves all issues. But I could be wrong.

Not to burst your bubble, but that "workaround" doesn't work for everyone. It certainly doesn't solve all of the issues with the game. Glad it seems to be working for you, but I have had to delete my saved game data twice now, and that is with deleting debris, deleting saved crafts, keeping my saves to 1 file, etc. My guess is that you just aren't far enough along in the game to encounter these problems, or you don't have a lot of satellites, probes, or craft in orbit, because the game is still unplayable for me and others. 

2 hours ago, chimpbone said:

Not to burst your bubble, but that "workaround" doesn't work for everyone. It certainly doesn't solve all of the issues with the game. Glad it seems to be working for you, but I have had to delete my saved game data twice now, and that is with deleting debris, deleting saved crafts, keeping my saves to 1 file, etc. My guess is that you just aren't far enough along in the game to encounter these problems, or you don't have a lot of satellites, probes, or craft in orbit, because the game is still unplayable for me and others. 

No bubble burst

If you have lots of craft in flight then you are not sticking to the rules of the workaround anyway.  The game has limitations I'm not denying that, but I'm still able to progress and earn science without  having satellites everywhere. I've just unlocked mining and surface scanning. But only have 5/ 6 things out there. And I will be decommissioning vehicles if i want to get more stuff out there.

this wasn't intended as a way to play the game fully but it was a way to make the game playable to a degree at least until it's been fixed.

3 hours ago, AndyChilly said:

No bubble burst

If you have lots of craft in flight then you are not sticking to the rules of the workaround anyway.  The game has limitations I'm not denying that, but I'm still able to progress and earn science without  having satellites everywhere. I've just unlocked mining and surface scanning. But only have 5/ 6 things out there. And I will be decommissioning vehicles if i want to get more stuff out there.

this wasn't intended as a way to play the game fully but it was a way to make the game playable to a degree at least until it's been fixed.

Right on. I don't really want to play this game without having craft in flight though. That kind of takes the fun out of it for me. It was fun to learn how to shoot rockets into orbit, but building stations, satellites, docking, and building and exploring on other planets is what I am looking to do in KSP. I have had problems doing all of those things, with no other craft, satellites, or debris and all my saved data deleted. So even when I follow the "rules", it doesn't work for me.

Two months after release, I really just want to game to work as intended. While I guess technically it isn't unplayable as you can still mess around and do some stuff before you encounter problems, it seems to be just a matter of time before people do encounter game breaking problems that prevent them from progressing. After deleting all the games saved data twice now and losing hours of work, I really do not want to start in on another career until they have officially released a fix. 

Yeah, I get that. I'm also looking forward to having lots of things on the go. This may an OK workaround for newbies like me as I'm taking the opportunity to hone my muner landings and aerobrake captures around Duna etc but for veterans that know it all. It must feel very restrictive. So I understand what you are saying but I guess in the literal sense of the word I wouldn't say it is unplayable as I don't experience save game rollbacks and you don't have to have lots of things on the go in order to simply play the game I am still slowly progressing and I will patiently enjoy that until it's fixed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.