BATTLEFIELD 1 HYPE

Kozak

36 minutes ago, Bill Phil said:

WWI, right? Seems to me like it's finally getting some attention. Although trench warfare isn't that interesting for a game. However, more than trench warfare happened during WWI.

It's not trench warfare whatsoever.

11 hours ago, Fluburtur said:

If what I heard is still true, France is a DLC.

As will be Russia.

But of course America is front and centre despite only having boots on the ground for less than a year of the conflict.  I'm not going to say more as I don't want to send this off into an unwelcome direction, but things like this don't exactly give me the impression they'll be treating the conflict with the respect it deserves.

Well... At least it gives me the opportunity to join a Verdun match as either Poilus or Chaussers and say something along the lines of "so glad I bought the France DLC, worth every penny"

Or, "I like how EA decided to include minor nations like France in the game. Even though America obviously won the war all by itself it's good to see the others get recognition"

It surprises me hyping a game still works, after so many disappointments. Especially the big developers seem to have a business model that depends more on marketing than on quality products. People believe all sorts of stories, pre-order a game or buy it upon release, only to be sorely disappointed yet again.

When will we learn to hold off and wait until the proper reviews are in?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.