All my probes are gone

All of my unmanned probes have vanished from the tracking station. I can't see them, I can't control them. When I launch a new one, it doesn't have an icon in it's own map screen and as soon as I return to the space center it vanishes. I've managed to find the vessels in the save game file, so it appears they're still out there, but I have no idea how to make them trackable again.

I've been playing KSP vanilla for some time but I recently installed mechjeb and mechjeb integrated, because I was tired of docking and performing holtzman transfers on my own. It worked fine for several days so I'm not convinced that the mods have anything to do with my issue. I haven't tried removing the mods yet, I suppose I'll try that next.

Edited by Nyden
clarity

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Do you have [email protected] or antenna range instslled?

No. My probes are all using vanilla cores. One or two of the newest have mechjeb modules installed  but most of them predate my installation of mechjeb, hence the need for mechjeb integrated. I don't have any other mods installed except a mod manager for the later mod.

Pretty sure this is one of the classics. Your probes are not gone, they're just not visible. The solution is easier than you might expect.
Go to the top centre of the map screen and open the small pull-down menu. Make sure the probe category is actually activated.

Edited by Tex_NL

3 hours ago, Tex_NL said:

Pretty sure this is one of the classics. Your probes are not gone, they're just not visible. The solution is easier than you might expect.
Go to the top centre of the map screen and open the small pull-down menu. Make sure the probe category is actually activated.

Holy cloaking device, Batman!

That fixed it. I feel kinda stupid now.

Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, Nyden said:

Holy cloaking device, Batman!

That fixed it. I feel kinda stupid now.

Thanks for the help!

Don't feel stupid. The only stupid question is the one you do not ask.
I did call it a 'classic' for a reason, I've seen this happens a lot. The 'stupid' thing in this case is the way the game is designed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.