YouTube copyright bot on KSP video

Gordon Fecyk

So... YouTube again.

My most recent upload got flagged for using a tune from "AdRev Publishing APM (Publishing)." The tune? KSP's main menu background music. Not the main theme, but the thing that plays after the main theme. I forget if it has a proper name.

Oddly, I used that tune a few episodes back without complaint.

Just in case, I figured I should ask: Squad, is "AdRev Publishing" you?

I marked said video as Unlisted and tried to dispute the claim, using Squad's FAQ for support. YT's dispute form broke saying the video didn't have a claim on it. Um... that's a problem for YouTube anyway. But I wanted to make sure using all of the tunes from KSP in a KSP video was kosher per Squad's copyright FAQ.

--

7 hours ago, KasperVld said:

It seems someone tried to claim this music as their own, but it wasn't us.

Thanks, Kasper. Hm, I thought some of the tunes were produced in-house because there weren't official titles for them, things like, "KSP_Construction_1," "KSP_Menu," and such. Kevin MacLeod has to have an ID number for that music somewhere, then.

All right, I appreciate this a lot. I'll go ahead and press YouTube for answers. If you want I'll give you the link to the currently-unlisted disputed video, but I'll pick another tune and re-upload it for public viewing when I get home next. Scratch that: I found a different tune and used that in a re-upload.

The disputed piece is actually from your composer Victor Machado and in KSP it was simply titled "KSP_MenuAmbience." I flagged the original as 'Private' so Google's support people can see it but the AdRev trolls won't get any ad views from it.

--

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
Re-uploaded video with different tune

10 hours ago, KasperVld said:

Wow... I never realized that the space music was more than 5 pieces, or that the VAB music was 3. Maybe I'll have to use the in-game music again sometime (For over a year I've had a playlist that I use).

On a more relevant note, yeah. It's sad what people can do on YT.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.