Launch "Kerbal 1-5" to LKO

Rodhern

@Gordon Fecyk:

Good to see that you got your game installation fixed.

Nice video, I like that you left in failed attempts too - particular the first one, racing along the Kerbin sea at tremendous speed, horizontal at 4 km. I couldn't help think where is this rocket going? Good fun.

This challenge got a teeny bit harder in version 1.2.1 so your score is 37.66 %.

You are currently in second place - well done.

B.t.w. This challenge does not have one of those 'max one entry per player' type conditions. Feel free to try out new ideas and come back later and improve on old scores. (I will filter the results so that the same player is only listed with his or hers best result in the vanilla leader board though).

Just to see how much things actually changed, I went ahead and also redid my launch. Ended up with 42.1 units of fuel remaining in an 80.4x80.0 orbit. I think that's close enough to say that the changes really ain't major, the difference could easily be due to user imprecision.

I used MechJeb for this one, the initial tilt, the hold to prograde, the staging and the circularization.

I did not start a new save for it though, could that make a difference?

CUE8FeC.png

Video of the launch, nowhere near @Gordon Fecyk's level of coolness though :)

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Eidahlil said:

I did not start a new save for it though, could that make a difference?

You braved considerable shock heating in this one. I was worried the 85% Terrier would have had trouble at that lower altitude, but apparently it doesn't. Seems legit to me. Nicely done!

(/me returns to launch pad)

I want to know who designed this [censored] craft to have such a low TWR. Must be for the old timers who can't handle a couple of gees anymore. :sticktongue:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.