Mitigate frame drop & glitches?

To all you hardened KSP PC players, is there any tips you can throw my way to mitigate the above issues. I absolutely love this game & have clocked up over 100 hours. I am now able to rendezvous & dock and land on the Mun, minmus was child play!

The problem is now that I am docking the frame rate drops massively & on occasions I am either flying an invisible ship or round an invisible planet! Exiting to space centre and back again usually fixes it. So until t the magic patches start rolling in I would love to hear some of your tips. For example I read on this forum earlier that docking at higher altitudes should help.

Perhaps not if i'm ascending from minmus with a vapor of fuel left but that is a different story!

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/05/2016 at 5:51 PM, robodan said:

To all you hardened KSP PC players, is there any tips you can throw my way to mitigate the above issues. I absolutely love this game & have clocked up over 100 hours. I am now able to rendezvous & dock and land on the Mun, minmus was child play!

The problem is now that I am docking the frame rate drops massively & on occasions I am either flying an invisible ship or round an invisible planet! Exiting to space centre and back again usually fixes it. So until t the magic patches start rolling in I would love to hear some of your tips. For example I read on this forum earlier that docking at higher altitudes should help.

Perhaps not if i'm ascending from minmus with a vapor of fuel left but that is a different story!

Hi there! Congratulations on all you KSP successes so far! With skills like that you will conquer the system in no time.

Ok, on to the issues. Putting two craft together will always cause more lag than two close but undocked. The game favors multiple craft as it can spread the load across more CPU cores. What was the total part count of the two craft?

Also be aware that future console patches should improve the performance a little too. It's all about finding the limits of what is playable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.