Update 1.2 has entered Experimental testing!

UomoCapra

1 hour ago, Temeter said:

Should affect hardly anything on Kerbin, you just need a tiny antenna on your drone and everything is fine. Or just disable it via options.

Thank goodness! I just hate to see jeb crash in the kestrel (my WIP) thanks to an unexpected spin!:wink:

I doubt Porkjet is that careless about mesh structures and texturing.

I know places where people are that careless, and some people in these parts really need to be more careful about texture sizes for IVAs. It's quite possible that there are large graphics files as master copies, sitting on Porkjet's workstation, but we won't see them.

On 9/6/2016 at 2:44 AM, UomoCapra said:

During experimental testing a crack team of experienced and hand-picked KSP players will throw everything they’ve got at the game to make it bend, blend and break in many ways. The goal is to catch as many bugs as we can, and to make the game as stable as it can be before we make a public test build available.

You haven't heard of Danny2426, have you?

26 minutes ago, Polnoch said:

Anybody know which features planning in next version, 1.3 (or may be 2.0?)?

There are no information in official wiki: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Planned_features

I  don't believe they've stated what features are planned for a next version yet. I would recommend waiting until they have finished this version first.

10 hours ago, Galacticvoyager said:

You haven't heard of Danny2426, have you?

Danny breaks the game in unrealistic ways.  With a game this complex sometimes the solution to an odd behavior is to stop doing whatever causes that odd behavior.  The testing is not intended to find those kinds of bugs.

3 hours ago, Frybert said:

I  don't believe they've stated what features are planned for a next version yet. I would recommend waiting until they have finished this version first.

But actual features included in wiki during long time. And in wiki included information in which versions of games these  planned to integrate. And may be 1.5 years before we knew, for example, about relay network in future versions of stock game. Actually no new information about next features. And it is sad, because in the past we had this info.

My curiosity fills small pain :)

Edited by Polnoch

1 minute ago, Polnoch said:

But actual features included in wiki during long time. And in wiki included information in which versions of games these planning to integrate. And may be 1.5 years before we knew, for example, about relay network in future versions of stock game. Actually no new information about next features. And it is sad, because in the past we had this info.

My curiosity fills small pain :)

Do note that this information was found and uploaded by the community, not SQUAD. Complaining to SQUAD about the opacity (or nonexistence) of future plans is more appropriate, though still looked down upon.

23 hours ago, Alshain said:

Danny breaks the game in unrealistic ways.  With a game this complex sometimes the solution to an odd behavior is to stop doing whatever causes that odd behavior.  The testing is not intended to find those kinds of bugs.

Well, in the company that I am working for, this is something that you have to expect from our customers: They do the most stupid things with our soft- and hardware that no one was ever thinking of. I could tell them they are using it wrong, but often it actually turns out that this helps to fix strange rare and unreproduceable bugs that other customers experience as well. As long as they can tell us what they actually did, of course. But I guess this is something that we can expect from Danny2426...

And after all: I cant tell a paying customer that the solution to his problem to stop doing what he does without presenting him an alternative.

1 hour ago, Giskard said:

Well, in the company that I am working for, this is something that you have to expect from our customers: They do the most stupid things with our soft- and hardware that no one was ever thinking of. I could tell them they are using it wrong, but often it actually turns out that this helps to fix strange rare and unreproduceable bugs that other customers experience as well. As long as they can tell us what they actually did, of course. But I guess this is something that we can expect from Danny2426...

And after all: I cant tell a paying customer that the solution to his problem to stop doing what he does without presenting him an alternative.

Same here, but this a game.  If my companies software breaks, my customers lose money.  However, in this case it is perfectly acceptable to say not to do things that are so overly ridiculous no one would do that unless they were intentionally trying to break the game. Have you watched Danny's videos... he really pushes it to it's limits in ways nobody would even accidentally do.

I had a client that would call the help desk, "The database is corrupted again."  It took months to determine that he was laying his right hand on the numeric keypad while typing into a field with his left.  I was actually asked how to prevent that from happening.

5 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Same here, but this a game.  If my companies software breaks, my customers lose money.  However, in this case it is perfectly acceptable to say not to do things that are so overly ridiculous no one would do that unless they were intentionally trying to break the game. Have you watched Danny's videos... he really pushes it to it's limits in ways nobody would even accidentally do.

Are you trying to say I'm some kind of deviant for making landing cushions out of helmets?! They work almost as well as landing legs.

10 hours ago, Giskard said:

Wikipedia defines a bug as "an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways."

If you set out to break the game, and the game breaks. That's not unintended or unexpected beahviour.

Edited by severedsolo