The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

9 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I was already in the prerelease branch (Foresight!) and...

...IT'S DOWNLOADING SOMETHING NOW

(of course I'm on mobile so it'll not only chew up my data, it'll take over 30 minutes to download)

Its downloading stock 1.1.3 I bet, since prerelease branch is no longer an option.

Edited by nosirrbro

Amusingly, I could probably drive home, download the update over the actual Internet, and drive back here before it'd be done downloading over mobile.

1 minute ago, Temeter said:

The only other option is 'previous stable release' tho.

Then you'll need to wait for it to be an option. You can also keep checking https://steamdb.info/app/220200/depots/ to see when it unlocks.

1 minute ago, nosirrbro said:

Its downloading stock 1.1.3 I bet, since prerelease branch is no longer an option.

Prerelease is no longer selectable in the drop down. I already had it selected (earlier today, hence my happiness at my foresight) and if you think I'm going to unselect it to test, you're crazy :D

3 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Prerelease is no longer selectable in the drop down. I already had it selected (earlier today, hence my happiness at my foresight) and if you think I'm going to unselect it to test, you're crazy :D

Lol, if that actually works... Steam can't be that buggy. xD

Awwww I checked my properties and it's not downloading 1.2 beta, it's downloading 1.1.3 non-prerelease. Steam booted me out of the prerelease branch when it became locked. :(

Oh well at least I found out before downloading the entire "update" over mobile :). And also, good thing I don't actually use my Steam install and instead copy the files eleswhere.

Edited by 5thHorseman

Guys, if you are waiting on an updates, click here.  It tells you when there is a change.

https://kiwiirc.com/client/chat.freenode.net/?#steamdb-announce

Please DO NOT use the link @5thHorseman used to continually refresh.  That kills their servers, lets be nice to steamdb please.

Edited by Alshain

10 minutes ago, nosirrbro said:

we've got another update to the (locked) prerelease...

I wouldn't say another... its the first update to the prerelease in general since the 1.1 prerelease, which steam said earlier was 5 months ago, but...

YOU ARE CORRECT! THERE IS AN UPDATE TO THE PRERELEASE BRANCH! Maybe we'll get 1.2 prerelease tonight...!

Edit:As I was posting this, it turned into another update, as another update to the prerelease branch came out!

Maybe we'll be getting KSP 1.2 prerelease in 5 minutes...

Edited by LaytheDragon

1 minute ago, LaytheDragon said:

I wouldn't say another... its the first update to the prerelease in general since the 1.1 prerelease, which steam said earlier was 5 months ago, but...

YOU ARE CORRECT! THERE IS AN UPDATE TO THE PRERELEASE BRANCH! Maybe we'll get 1.2 prerelease tonight...!

and one more (at least one more since my post, the one you are frantically yelling about may be the third im speaking of)

hype.

2 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

Aw crud! Hype is running low! We'll need to refuel at Devnote Station.

No it isn't! It is at all-time highs! We may be getting 1.2 prerelease extremely soon, maybe even less than 5 minutes!

Edited by LaytheDragon

Just now, LaytheDragon said:

No it isn't! It is at all time highs! We may be getting 1.2 prerelease extremely soon, maybe even less than 5 minutes!

In that case, looks like I need to start setting the hype sensors to include pre-release hype.

On a different note, is meta-hype a thing? Because I'm actually getting hyped to see how much hype the devnotes will create.

watching a new career stream today, and the warning dialog about only scientists resetting Science Jr and Mystery Goo is gone.  The science container can also collect all the science from ships with one click.  Less click-spam HYPE.  Good news for all of us about to start brand new careers in a new version.

1 minute ago, fourfa said:

watching a new career stream today, and the warning dialog about only scientists resetting Science Jr and Mystery Goo is gone.  The science container can also collect all the science from ships with one click.  Less click-spam HYPE.  Good news for all of us about to start brand new careers in a new version.

(or science games, jeez)

1 minute ago, fourfa said:

BIG FAN OF THIS

24 minutes ago, nosirrbro said:

and one more (at least one more since my post, the one you are frantically yelling about may be the third im speaking of)

hype.

AND THERE THEY GO AGAIN

HIP!

EDIT: They are going ham with these updates, now another.

Edited by nosirrbro

On 9/6/2016 at 6:22 AM, Arsonide said:

Autostruts were a fix for wheels that automatically created a joint to the heaviest part on the vessel when the part loads. This joint is not a physical thing, so it's a bit different than a normal strut. We also use something similar to secure payloads in fairings. In 1.2 the wheel fix is being expanded to an advanced tweakable for every part, if someone wants to enable autostruts everywhere.

Will a large number of active autostruts reduce performance?

1 hour ago, LaytheDragon said:

https://steamdb.info/app/220200/depots/

Uh oh, the prerelease option has been locked when previously today, less than an hour ago, it wasn't. Preparation for prerelease!

HYPE!

I now expect prerelease by tomorrow, if I didn't expect it by today or tomorrow previously (which I did)...

Is there any way to opt in to prereleases from the KSP store?

1 minute ago, Alshain said:

That's how it works.  They do everything in Scratchpad, and the last thing they do is move it over to the build depot.

Another scratchpad update a minute ago... Maybe the update will be any minute now, or half-an-hour, if not tomorrow (I expect tomorrow as being more reasonable, but am hyping possibly sooner)

Edited by LaytheDragon