The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

hm - i feel a bit sad for the 909 - i liked that design - small little very loud barking (overpowerd) terrier

But HYPE for all the other changes we may bugreport soonTM

Edited by KroShan

20 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Look at this. Seems actually quite kerbal, more than I expected (check the color e.g.).

8ZMlyHu.png

Porkjet finished everything, and it's gonna be released as models at the same times as the beta... So if some talented modder wants to...

My actual response upon seeing this:

HOLY [redacted] [redacted], that's GORGEOUS!

Just now, Majorjim! said:

If the rocket parts are done why not just add them to the update? What possible reason could there be for not including them? 

Discrepancy. If they release these ones now, but wait until 1.3 or 1.2.3 or whatever to release the rest, nobody will use 2.5m parts until then.

In other news, the hype train has hit 88 kilohypes/hour. There's no stopping now! (The brakes fell off.)

3 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

If the rocket parts are done why not just add them to the update? What possible reason could there be for not including them? 

Whoops, sorry, sigh. Hype...

Quoth the devnotes: "It’s far from finished".

What's apparently finished is the package they'll release to modders.

I don't know why, but all of this Hype has ramped up so fast. I didn't expect this so soon. I went to sleep yesterday at 11:00, and 12 hours later the speedometer was reading nearly quadruple the speed. I come back now and we've passed Plaid and are entering Hypespace! That was fast.

I haven't had much time to look at the navigation computers, but is there any official indication that the station is nearby?

25 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Look at this. Seems actually quite kerbal, more than I expected (check the color e.g.).

8ZMlyHu.png

Porkjet finished everything, and it's gonna be released as models at the same times as the beta... So if some talented modder wants to...

Great Scott, those look gorgeous! 

9 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

Whoops, sorry, sigh. Hype...

Lack of PBR support is my bet, which it still looks like the models were built for.

Would be non-trivial to redo all of the textures to work in the current diffuse/specular workflow, and they wouldn't look nearly as nice.

In the stream they said things like "we have to get back to work to get the prerelease to you" and "VERY soon(tm)", but that is not anything definite. I would say we are detecting the station but unsure of its distance at our current velocity.

5 minutes ago, Shadowmage said:

Lack of PBR support is my bet, which it still looks like the models were built for.

Would be non-trivial to redo all of the textures to work in the current diffuse/specular workflow, and they wouldn't look nearly as nice.

Hm, can't you go for a 2 way solution, using the new shaders for the new parts (at least in a more basic form), while keeping the old ones, or is that nonsensical?

I mean, are these parts in the pic using 'exclusive' PBR shaders you wont be able to do in KSP 1.2?

6 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

I don't know why, but all of this Hype has ramped up so fast. I didn't expect this so soon. I went to sleep yesterday at 11:00, and 12 hours later the speedometer was reading nearly quadruple the speed. I come back now and we've passed Plaid and are entering Hypespace! That was fast.

I haven't had much time to look at the navigation computers, but is there any official indication that the station is nearby?

They said it is very soon, and, judging the timeline from last updates (got out directly after stream IIRC), it might even come in the next few hours. Don't bet your life on it, tho. :wink:

Edited by Temeter

4 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

Which station? Devnote, prerelease, or final release? At this point, I think we might smash right through them.

3 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

Well that's not entirely true. My train does have brakes. They're just... broken.

I sincerely apologize for the loss of the brakes. It was my fault, really. Maybe.

2 minutes ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

It's not here yet, is it?

2 minutes ago, Alshain said:

They did an update to the package but it is still locked.

Exactly. We can't Opt-In to betas yet in the Steam client (I can't, anyway). But it's the first activity since the Devs removed the old 1.1 stuff last night.

Edited by LameLefty

Just now, SmashingKirby148 said:

How do we know? I checked steam, nothing there.

Watch here for an update to Kerbal Space Program

https://kiwiirc.com/client/chat.freenode.net/?#steamdb-announce

When you see an update (and only when) load this page to see what changed.

https://steamdb.info/app/220200/depots/

Please do not continually refresh that second page.