The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

Just now, Alshain said:

Again, guys please do not keep refreshing that page, in the past SteamDB has gotten upset with us over that (it uses a lot of bandwidth).  There is a bot here that will tell you the instant there is a change.

https://kiwiirc.com/client/chat.freenode.net/?#steamdb-announce

Oh right! Sorry about that

48 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

I sincerely apologize for the loss of the brakes. It was my fault, really. Maybe.

The brakes have been broken for the past three years or so. I just hacked together a setup on the brake coach to fire braking retroboosters, that's how we slow down.

2 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

I don't have to be at work until 9:00 am tomorrow, and I'm at UTC - 5 (US Central Daylight Time). I'm good for 4.5 more hours. :D

Same here, I've easily got quite a few hours before I need to think about stopping.

2 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Again, guys please do not keep refreshing that page, in the past SteamDB has gotten upset with us over that (it uses a lot of bandwidth).  There is a bot here that will tell you the instant there is a change.

Not to worry, this "hype train" topic seems to be doing the trick ;).

That said, refreshing pages is something people do all the time, maybe they need to manage their caching better, or look into something like AJAX to allow controlled updates without the user having to reload the page. I'd hate to see what would happen if they got DDoSed.

4 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Holy crap, people still use IRC? I think I used it first back in the DarpaNet days in the 80's. Yes, I'm old. :D 

Just now, CobraA1 said:

Not to worry, this "hype train" topic seems to be doing the trick ;).

That said, refreshing pages is something people do all the time, maybe they need to manage their caching better, or look into something like AJAX to allow controlled updates without the user having to reload the page. I'd hate to see what would happen if they got DDoSed.

It's a free service, and we are fairly large community.  You can't expect too much.

29 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Thanks, I see. Thing is, are these parts in PBR on the pictures?

As near as I can tell; yes.  They at least were in the first picture (the one that was floating around last week); I doubt they've been redone in the interim, merely the lighting setup changed to remove the blue skybox that people were critical of (rather the blue shading caused by the reflections of the blue skybox).

Notably if you look at the stringers on the tanks you can see a bit of 'glint' caused by the reflections.  The engines as well still have nice reflections on them, merely they are reflecting a gray skybox this time.