[1.2] Mission Patch Manager v1.2.0 - 15th September 2016

udk_lethal_d0se

3 hours ago, Capt. Hunt said:

if it's included in the part.cfg, do I have to use a "patch" quad, or can I redirect one of the flag decals?

That depends on how the model has been set up. If the model just has a quad for a flag, then remove the flagdecal module from the part.cfg and just use the patchdecal module referencing the flag quad.

2 hours ago, tg626 said:

Does this module work in an IVA? FlagDecal does not...

I haven't tried, so I'm unsure. If the internal cfg allows modules, such as flagdecal, and the internal model has a quad specifically for a flag, I don't see why it wouldn't work. 

Also -- tweakscale compatibility should be a snap-- and right in line for what this is awesome for: multiple mission marks on a reusable aircraft, sponsor logos, etc.

I'll take a peek at it this afternoon if nobody beats me to it.

11 hours ago, tg626 said:

Does this module work in an IVA? FlagDecal does not...

What -- like for KAS/KIS? Only if you can select the decal in flight--

Edited by Beetlecat

No.  Squad's flag decal module can be added to a part config to make the flag graphic appear on a named quad right?  Well, it doesn't work in an iva model.  In fact if you try it you get an error in the log saying it's not an internal module. Raster Prop Monitor has a module in its code that does the exact same thing (make the flag appear) but it specifically was made so it does work in an iva model.  I was wondering if this too was coded so it would work in the cfg file of an iva model.

20 minutes ago, tg626 said:

No.  Squad's flag decal module can be added to a part config to make the flag graphic appear on a named quad right?  Well, it doesn't work in an iva model.  In fact if you try it you get an error in the log saying it's not an internal module. Raster Prop Monitor has a module in its code that does the exact same thing (make the flag appear) but it specifically was made so it does work in an iva model.  I was wondering if this too was coded so it would work in the cfg file of an iva model.

Oh, I totally misunderstood -- IVA .. not *E*VA... :wink: 

On 10/14/2016 at 4:30 AM, udk_lethal_d0se said:

If it requires implementation, then that's not something I've done. If not, then I haven't tested it myself.

Just adding these lines of code to the .cfg allows the spraycan patches to be resized:

MODULE
	{
		name = TweakScale
		type = free
	}

12 hours ago, Enceos said:

@udk_lethal_d0se Hi dude, I wish to donate some simple mission patches I made, so people would have more options "out of the box". Would you include them in your download?

tDgs7yK.png

Well, those are just awesome, and thank you for donating them. I'll go ahead and update the addon in the morning and include a mention on the original post. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had an interesting idea / question about these patches -- could they be pulled from the same resource "pile" as flags currently are? Flags and roundels can be easily used as patches, and it would be nice to not have a simply static store of separate patches (other mods could add patches, etc.). Simply pulling the patches from the flag list could be fine (or something that could be toggled).

I like to add a patch/logo for the contract agency(ies) that I'm flying for, and it would be nice to not have to quit the game, migrate the images, then re-start.

• 1 month later...

This is a very cool project. I've made lots of flags and patches in a template for players to make their own custom flags, I'll have to play with this and see if any templates would be useful for it!

If anyone's interested:

Edited by Saybur Stuff
spelling, grammar

• 3 weeks later...
On 19.01.2017 at 8:38 PM, Falco01 said:

Something that would be useful is to use B9 or Firespitter mesh switch to change the shape from flat to curved

Unless you use a small patch on a big fuel tank i find it noticeable (I mostly make airplanes) 

Unfortunately this mod is hardcoded to change texture only on one mesh. The Mesh Switch switches between several meshes. I'm currently looking for a software engineer who could replace the hardcoded function with config based variables. I made part with meshes of different curvature, it is waiting for this code.

Meanwhile I also made two new placeable decal parts for this mod with special shaders:

5WoUALM.jpg

DOWNLOADhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/kg26400y56dqju9/MissionPatchManager.zip?dl=0

Edited by Enceos

4 hours ago, Enceos said:

Unfortunately this mod is hardcoded to change texture only on one mesh. The Mesh Switch switches between several meshes. I'm currently looking for a software engineer who could replace the hardcoded function with config based variables. I made part with meshes of different curvature, it is waiting for this code.

I noticed this in your cfg

textureQuadName = Patch

can't you just name the concerned bit (I imagine a quad seeing the name) in the other meshes then switch between meshes ?

Or make a few variants of the part using the same module and using tweakscale's stack scaling to switch between the sizes ?

24 minutes ago, Enceos said:

parts I posted are already scaleable

I was talking about scaling different meshes 

For example, having a curved decal that's scalable using the stack scaling to have it in 0.65, 1.25,... m size

Then having the current flat decal which is scalable as it is now

So only 2 parts in total

Edited by Falco01

18 hours ago, Enceos said:

You can take a curved mesh from the Decal Stickers mod and try to integrate the patch manager module. Or use Firespitter.

since I don't master unity I can't make the necessary changes to the .mu (and tbh I'd rather make my own model in such case)

However I tried with the airliner tail fin which seemed compatible and made a MM patch so it use your module instead of the normal one.
I bet i missed something.

//decal on tail fin

@PART[airlinerTailFin]
{
    !MODULE[FlagDecal]
    {

}
    MODULE
    {
        name = PatchDecal
        textureQuadName = FLAG
    }
}

Any clue what went wrong ? Maybe it's due to how your mod work

1 hour ago, Falco01 said:

Any clue what went wrong ? Maybe it's due to how your mod work

It's not my mod unfortunately. My only guess is that object name "Patch" is actually hardcoded and this module won't work on objects with another name.

5 minutes ago, Enceos said:

It's not my mod unfortunately

Oops, my bad

11 minutes ago, Enceos said:

My only guess is that object name "Patch" is actually hardcoded and this module won't work on objects with another name.

Or maybe the stock module use a different data on the mesh 

Hi all, quoted from the source code... 

textureQuadTransform = part.FindModelTransform(textureQuadName);

In simple terms, the module looks for a mesh within the part heirarchy with the name exactly as specified in the part configuration.

Absolutely no hard-coding, hope that helps. 

Just now, udk_lethal_d0se said:

Hi all, quoted from the source code... 

textureQuadTransform = part.FindModelTransform(textureQuadName);

In simple terms, the module looks for a mesh within the part heirarchy with the name exactly as specified in the part configuration.

Absolutely no hard-coding, hope that helps. 

Then why doesn't it work with the stock parts ? It puzzle me more than anything tbh

In game, the part where the flag should be was white no matter what and the stock flag decal options were gone replaced by this mod's

Could you eventually take a closer look ? It could be useful if you wanna make a cfg that can convert all flag decals into yours

10 minutes ago, Falco01 said:

Then why doesn't it work with the stock parts ? It puzzle me more than anything tbh

In game, the part where the flag should be was white no matter what and the stock flag decal options were gone replaced by this mod's

Could you eventually take a closer look ? It could be useful if you wanna make a cfg that can convert all flag decals into yours

A default white texture indicates that the module cannot find any textures to load and display. Bring up the debug log and look for the module flagging any errors. 

11 minutes ago, Enceos said:

@udk_lethal_d0se Hey dude! Glad you finally visited the forums :) I hope you're ok in your new place.

Thanks, sorry it's been a while, I've been quite busy, starting my own business, etc. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.