Update 1.2 Pre-release is here!

Darth Badie

Hello dear Kerbonauts!

Update 1.2 has finished its Experimentals phase and we’re excited to announce the launch of the Public Pre-release.

During Experimental testing a small team of experienced KSP players threw everything they’ve got at the game in order to help us catch as many bugs as possible, so that we could make the game as stable as it could be. Now we’re proud to say that’ve come to the point where we can finally release the open test build.

This ‘pre-release’ test build is for everyone to have a go before we officially released the update and you’ll be able to opt-in to get the Pre-release builds via the Steam betas, or, for the first time ever, through the KSP Store. Naturally, you’ll need own a copy the game beforehand in order to access these builds. This opt-in branch will run for a minimum of two full weeks before the release date of the final update (the final release date hasn’t been closed, so changes may occur).

To facilitate discussions of the Pre-release branch we’ll be opening up a temporary sub-forum for feedback. Additionally, a Pre-release project will be made available on the bug tracker to report bugs on.

Furthermore, we want to help the modding community by making the modding API public. Click the link below and enjoy:

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/api/index.html

Finally, and as promised, you can get Porkjet’s awesome rocket parts package files here (it has been updated with corrections of some typos) :

kerbalspaceprogram.com/files/PartOverhauls.zip

We’re almost there and we couldn’t be more excited. Stay tuned for updates and happy launchings!

I just downloaded and installed the patch from the store simply because Steam is down you guys are awesome for including it as an option. And I even started the game up in the spare time I don't really have now and it loaded just fine. Can't wait to give 'er a more solid try later.

Edited by 5thHorseman